Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...

Go down 
+8
iKILL
PeytonMvPManning
EggzOverEazy
Modrewgnu
PapaSmurf
Elite
Fudopi is That Dude
jwhite
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty
PostSubject: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-23, 23:36

First, let's go with the feature that's likely totally new to most reading this. It's called Elite Status and it's sure to start a tizzy on the forums once people read the words "Pay DLC" attached to it. But never fear, it's totally optional and should only be considered as a viable purchase by the truly hardcore Madden fans out there. It costs five bucks (400 points on XBL) and it unlocks what is essentially a VIP online world.

This exclusive club of sorts gets you into the Elite online community and you'll get your own private lobbies and private leaderboards. Beyond that, EA Sports is planning on allowing for some sort of avenue for these hardcore fans to easily communicate with the Madden development team. Beyond that, Elite players will also be the only ones in the Madden online world that will be able to play a ranked match on the All-Madden difficulty setting. The standard ranked match difficulty setting of All-Pro will still be available, but these hardcore fans can take the game to the next level. As an added bonus, the players who pay for the DLC will have their online name colored in gold so everyone in the lobby will know when an elitist enters the room.

It's important to remember that Elite Status is a totally optional five-dollar download. There's no reason to make the investment unless you're being bombarded with cheaters and find yourself wanting a more faithful online experience. Or if you're 12 and really just want that gold plate on your gamertag.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1007008p1.html
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 01:36

I'm 15 and I want the gold plate on my gamertag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 02:15

yes. I am elite.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: this is fucking sick!!   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 02:19

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1007008p2.html

read that s***...

you can play ranked all madden matches

have private leaderboards

private lobbys

your name will b gold when u enter lobbys to show that u r a elite player
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 02:27

That is a pretty cool feature but it seems ea is charging more and more for little things. I am ok with paying the 5 dollars, but i know a lot of people who dont have access to credit cards so it becomes harder to pay for the upgrades online.

Like the ncaa team builder feature they promoted like it was a free thing, then when the game was released and you were already attachd to your team, they say its 10 dollars. The things they are doing are pretty shaky but i am definatly willing to pay for a better game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 02:38

Elite wrote:
yes. I am elite.

Very Happy

I lol'd.

Can I be you too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 06:15

no, u can not be me too.

--

i dont get it though. The point of this is to face better competition, no? what stops bums from paying 5 and getting in it and being cheap in those games?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 09:42

yeah, **** em for charging money for this.

but oh well, it only $5, ill be gettin it.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 10:16

so any bum can pay $5 and that makes him elite too?
Back to top Go down
iKILL
New MS Member
New MS Member
iKILL

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 12:29

There should be rules. Like you aren't allowed until you get to level say 8 or something. And it takes a day to approve it so they can make sure you don't free win.

Something like that ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.hurricanesports.com
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 12:44

iKILL wrote:
There should be rules. Like you aren't allowed until you get to level say 8 or something. And it takes a day to approve it so they can make sure you don't free win.

Something like that ^^

yea but lvl 8 still isnt elite
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 15:15

iKILL wrote:

Something like that ^^

i agree it should be like that but they will never do that cuz this is obviously about money... i love the idea so i can play ranked all-madden games.. all-pro is weak... this is a really cool feature that i wont care paying 5 bucks for but still this is obviously about them making money..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 15:27

if u want it, do u have to pay for it over the psn by credit card?
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 15:36

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
if u want it, do u have to pay for it over the psn by credit card?
either that or a PSN card they sell em at gamestop
i'll be gettin this s*** though it seems like a good idea
Back to top Go down
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Ketcham While They're Hot

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 17:37

I'll be getting this fo sho...plenty of folks like Eggz and I would've already paid to play ranked matches on the All-Madden setting in 09, so it's a given that I'll pay the money to make it happen this year...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-24, 18:26

listen guys... Elite in this sense of the word isnt them saying "you guys are the shit" its them saying "you are the people willing to pay an extra $5 for basically nothing, because you're hardcore madden players"

only people who are dedicated to the game are gonna get this, so its just a cheap little thing to say "yeah, i love this madden shit"

EDIT: yup rob, totally agree... all-madden ranked games is worth it in and of itself
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-28, 22:33

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
iKILL wrote:

Something like that ^^

Yeah that is a good idea, but let's say level 15+ only to eliminate most of the cheesers! But still...they find a way Mad
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty2009-07-28, 22:55

eFresh wrote:
PeytonMvPManning wrote:
iKILL wrote:

Something like that ^^

Yeah that is a good idea, but let's say level 15+ only to eliminate most of the cheesers! But still...they find a way Mad

in case u didnt notice, most of the higher levels and higher ranked people online are the biggest cheesers or cheaters that play the game.. all the fb divers all the qb walkers all the DC glitchers..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...   Are You Elite?  For $5 you can be... Empty

Back to top Go down

Are You Elite? For $5 you can be...
Page 1 of 1