Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Crew Wars

Go down 
+4
wopper29
CJDAWGG14
Fudgy
jwhite
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-03, 01:02

Someone needs to step up and organize this sh*t...If not its going to go nowhere just like last year.If someone can layout some rules people can start putting squads together. There are a lot of new people who want in on this and if they knew what was going on they could get together and form their own crews....It doesn't have to be anything deep. Just basic info like is it going to be 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5.....

Now you fools can do what you want. But just like in 09 The Four Horsemen are the only squad organized and ready to play.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-03, 01:41

MSOG is ready anytime, anywhere

but yea someone come up with some rules, so there isn't any crying
jk but kinda not
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-03, 01:43

This is Eazy's s***. Harass Eazy whenever you can about this. Just tell him to remember when Madden drops.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
wopper29
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-03, 03:43

how do i get in on this
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 00:44

[TFH] jwhite wrote:
The Four Horsemen are the only squad organized and ready to play.

yep yep im ready any day of the week bruh!!!!
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 00:59

wopper29 wrote:
how do i get in on this
Just say your a free agent, and a crew will pick you up. You can start another crew as well and get guys to join your crew.
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 01:13

Can MG league form their own crew? lol
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 01:32

Call Me 2K wrote:

Unless you fellas are scared I don't see why you guys wouldn't form your own crews. I imagine its going to be 3vs3 or 5vs5 so I would hope you wouldn't form just one 32 person crew. But one thing I have realized is the weaker the crew the more members they have.
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 01:38

[TFH] jwhite wrote:
Call Me 2K wrote:

Unless you fellas are scared I don't see why you guys wouldn't form your own crews. I imagine its going to be 3vs3 or 5vs5 so I would hope you wouldn't form just one 32 person crew. But one thing I have realized is the weaker the crew the more members they have.

That's not necessarily true. Strength by numbers, and league members would be able to lab with each other through league games and whatnot. Mg owners will be fairly familiar with each other's game, so I think it could be of a disadvantage to split up.

Of course, by all means, owners have every bit of permission to go search for their own crews. We could send in our "best 5" or "up and coming 5" to whatever crew battles happen to take place this year.

I also don't see how not forming our own crews would mean we're scared, lol.

Of course if you're saying we aren't allowed, then that's cool too. Either way, I can't wait to see how this takes place.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 02:21

Call Me 2K wrote:
[TFH] jwhite wrote:
Call Me 2K wrote:

That's not necessarily true. Strength by numbers, and league members would be able to lab with each other through league games and whatnot. Mg owners will be fairly familiar with each other's game, so I think it could be of a disadvantage to split up.

Of course, by all means, owners have every bit of permission to go search for their own crews. We could send in our "best 5" or "up and coming 5" to whatever crew battles happen to take place this year.

Of course if you're saying we aren't allowed, then that's cool too. Either way, I can't wait to see how this takes place.

LoL...Man of course we want you guys to participate in this...

I just have a different mentality then you when it comes to this. When we do tournaments on MS it will either be with 3s or 5s what the hell do you need 15+ in your crew for. You need 10 b*tches clappin for you when you win. Because the majority won't play no matter how deep you get in a tournament. My crew has 5 I don't need to ride no ones coat tails. I don't need weak b*tches in my crew cheering me on while they sit back and do nothing. If I'm in a crew I want to play in damn near every game. But that's just me bro..If you need 15 cheerleaders on your squad its all good.
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 02:27

[TFH] jwhite wrote:
Call Me 2K wrote:
[TFH] jwhite wrote:
Call Me 2K wrote:

LoL...Man of course we want you guys to participate in this...

I just have a different mentality then you when it comes to this. When we do tournaments on MS it will either be with 3s or 5s what the hell do you need 15+ in your crew for. You need 10 b*tches clappin for you when you win. Because the majority won't play no matter how deep you get in a tournament. My crew has 5 I don't need to ride no ones coat tails. I don't need weak b*tches in my crew cheering me on while they sit back and do nothing. If I'm in a crew I want to play in damn near every game. But that's just me bro..If you need 15 cheerleaders on your squad its all good.

Lol. Alright man. I think you missed my point, but that's fine. You sound like a character, and I have a feeling you've got game to go with it, so I already know I'll be a fan of yours. And you're a fellow MS guy, so it's all good. Best of luck to you.

Back to top Go down
Bruce Wayne
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 21:02

1st i wanna kno wut systems da crews gonna b on cuz i got 36O.....im tryna b n dis crew thing cuz i think itz koo how u can strt rivalries nd prove u got da bes crew nd ur crew da mos dominant.....hopefully yall get da crews startd up cuz ill try to start up my own cuz crew ima compettitor
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 21:32

Bruce Wayne wrote:
1st i wanna kno wut systems da crews gonna b on cuz i got 36O.....im tryna b n dis crew thing cuz i think itz koo how u can strt rivalries nd prove u got da bes crew nd ur crew da mos dominant.....hopefully yall get da crews startd up cuz ill try to start up my own cuz crew ima compettitor

theres crews for both 360 and PS3.. of course there is more PS3 crews cuz this is a mainly PS3 site but i kno there is a few 360 crews out there
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-04, 22:41

the 360 crews will be just as active as the ps3 crews this year.

just be patient, cuz the game isnt out yet. but if you want to know the format, it won't be anything like what i had planned previously, but maybe we can hold special crew vs crew events.

im going to be holding ps3 crew wars the same as 2ton hold 360 gauntlets. here are some general ideas/rules for this year's ps3 gauntlets:

- crews will participate in tournaments once a week to determine a single winner
- there will be no limit to the number of members in your crew
- you can only have 3 (maybe we'll make it 5) people from a crew compete in each week's tournament

everything else i am still thinking about, and im looking for suggestions:

- should there be a limit on crew sizes?
- should the lmit for crew members in each week's tournament be 3 or 5
- should we allow teammate's to replace in the tournament (for example, player's "Adam" "Bill" "Charles" and "Derek" are all in a crew, Adam and Bill got knocked out in the first round but Charles advanced to the 2nd round and they put Derek in to takeover for Charles. and if we do allow this, what should the rules surrounding it be?

and there are other things we can add throughout the season. let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:13

WTF!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. But all this is is a tournament. You dont need to have crews to do this. What is the purpose of crews for this format? There is only 1 over all winner. And more than likely its going to be the same couple people everytime. We can just do that with regular tournament. And as far as sub in and out during the tournament that is some gay sh*t. You send 3 people from your crew, your top person gets knocked out but he can jump right back in if one of the lesser players of the crew wins and take their spot. Who dreamt up this BS.

The purpose of "crews" was the team concept. Your crew had to be tight from top to bottom. You couldnt just go in with one stud and a bunch of scrubs and win the damn thing. Thats what made crew wars fun is the win and lose as a team concept. If you have a couple weak links the leader needs to get them in the lab and coach them up. Not depend on one person to carry the torch for the whole damn crew.

More than likely I'm the only who feels this way. And it may be because I'm a little older than most. But I guarantee if I proposed some BS like this to my boys about being able to come back in after you lose they would look at me like I was a b*tch. But if this is the way its going to be my crew will be ready.

BTW The Four Horsemen... If you win don't worry about me pulling you out and subbing someone else into your spot. If you win you earned it and you can keep on ballin!
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:19

[TFH] jwhite wrote:
WTF!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. But all this is is a tournament. You dont need to have crews to do this. What is the purpose of crews for this format? There is only 1 over all winner. And more than likely its going to be the same couple people everytime. We can just do that with regular tournament. And as far as sub in and out during the tournament that is some gay sh*t. You send 3 people from your crew, your top person gets knocked out but he can jump right back in if one of the lesser players of the crew wins and take their spot. Who dreamt up this BS.

The purpose of "crews" was the team concept. Your crew had to be tight from top to bottom. You couldnt just go in with one stud and a bunch of scrubs and win the damn thing. Thats what made crew wars fun is the win and lose as a team concept. If you have a couple weak links the leader needs to get them in the lab and coach them up. Not depend on one person to carry the torch for the whole damn crew.

More than likely I'm the only who feels this way. And it may be because I'm a little older than most. But I guarantee if I proposed some BS like this to my boys about being able to come back in after you lose they would look at me like I was a b*tch. But if this is the way its going to be my crew will be ready.

BTW The Four Horsemen... If you win don't worry about me pulling you out and subbing someone else into your spot. If you win you earned it and you can keep on ballin!

naw i agree wit u too.. we can do the tourney or whatever but i say its just like the crew wars from 09 in each round.. the team that wins 2/3 games moves on to the next round of the tourney.. thats what should b done.. and none of the subbin bullshit.. if ur only teammate left cant play, then u r forced to forfeit the game he was supposed to play.. thats the only fair way cuz it should b a team effort like u said jwhite.. not one good player and a bunch of bums..
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:27

[TFH] jwhite wrote:
WTF!
And as far as sub in and out during the tournament that is some gay sh*t. You send 3 people from your crew, your top person gets knocked out but he can jump right back in if one of the lesser players of the crew wins and take their spot. Who dreamt up this BS.

I think you may have misunderstood Eggz in your white rage of fury. LoL

His last example referred to 4 members in a crew.

The Made-Up Crew included:

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

The two that got knocked out were Adam and Bill.

The person that advanced was Charles.

So now the Made-Up Crew looks like this:

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

I may be incorrect, but Eggz's example involved Derek subbing in for Charles. That means in this case, no one that had been knocked out is subbing in back in. If you lose, you lose.

I agree with both of you, no crews should be made up of a talented baller with a bunch of scrubs, but I think you may be using the wrong evidence as support.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:34

Call Me 2K wrote:
[TFH] jwhite wrote:
WTF!
And as far as sub in and out during the tournament that is some gay sh*t. You send 3 people from your crew, your top person gets knocked out but he can jump right back in if one of the lesser players of the crew wins and take their spot. Who dreamt up this BS.

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

I may be incorrect, but Eggz's example involved Derek subbing in for Charles. That means in this case, no one that had been knocked out is subbing in back in. If you lose, you lose.

I agree with both of you, no crews should be made up of a talented baller with a bunch of scrubs, but I think you may be using the wrong evidence as support.

but that could still lead up to a battle of matchups..

what if Charles doesnt do very good against Bob(from the other crew), yet Derek beats him everytime just cuz he has a better matchup against him.. that doesnt mean Derek is better just that he is better playin against Bob.. i think that u still shoudnt have the subbin cuz sumthin like that could happen and Derek didnt deserve to play cuz he didnt earn his way into this game.. it should b the original ppl that started from the beginning that should play cuz they earned to move into the next round or championship.. Derek shouldnt just luck his way into this game..
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:36

That's a fair point. I mostly agree with you, I was just pointing out the small correction.

Again, I think there isn't really a wrong answer, I'm thinking Eggz is just looking for the overall consensus with the board.

EDIT: Not taking anything away from Derek, but just to play devil's advocate, not allowing subs does take away from the deeper teams. A crew of 5 talented ballers should be able to use their full roster under that point of view. Just another way of looking at things fellas. No wrong answer.

Either way, M10 is on the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:41

yep i just think that we should do the crew wars just like we did last year.. we can make a tourney outta it cuz that sounds like a good idea.. but i dont think u should have a single winner.. u should have to win a majority of the games to win the battle in each round just like it was just when it was crew vs crew in 09
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:43

Call Me 2K wrote:
[TFH] jwhite wrote:
WTF!

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

Derek
Charles
Adam
Bill

LoL...Your right 2k....My bad fellas.

Here is what MS offers:

Leagues/Franchises-Damn near everyone on the site is in one

Tournaments- Probably have those on the regular. I'm sure they will be huge and cover a month a piece.

Now if were going to do "crew wars" why not set it up so that is different then a regular tournament. There is no difference in a tournament and what Eazy described in my opinion. But the way we had it before it total differentiates us from anything any other site has. And once it gets poppin trust me people will flock to the site bringin their own crews with them. I think the last part may have just been a Madden dream I had the other nite.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:47

I was wondering the same thing you were Jwhite. Last year, these weren't tournaments. They were a way to see who's crew tops everyone. This is supposed to be 5 people in a crew, and the crew with the most wins at the end of those 5 games, get the W for the crew wars. example:MSOG plays TFH
I play Jwhite, and he beats me. Fudgy plays Gator and Gator beats him.
Rob plays Baseballa and wins. Yaboy plays whoever else is in your crew, and loses. That's 3-1 there, but we still play the other game anyway. You guys would get the W for that crew week, and we'd play another crew after that.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:49

yea like we really need to take this crew s*** to the next level.. itll make the site more fun and like jwhite said ppl will come in wit their whole crew.. theres crews online and if they find out how good our crews r it could step up the crew wars and the website as a whole..
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 20:51

MGB Ruthless wrote:
I was wondering the same thing you were Jwhite. Last year, these weren't tournaments. They were a way to see who's crew tops everyone. This is supposed to be 5 people in a crew, and the crew with the most wins at the end of those 5 games, get the W for the crew wars. example:MSOG plays TFH
I play Jwhite, and he beats me. Fudgy plays Gator and Gator beats him.
Rob plays Baseballa and wins. Yaboy plays whoever else is in your crew, and loses. That's 3-1 there, but we still play the other game anyway. You guys would get the W for that crew week, and we'd play another crew after that.

yea and i was sayin u could make a tourney wit that format for each round.. u beat one crew 3-2 or whatever to move on to the next round to face the next crew.. thatd b coo and different than what we r used to..
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty2009-08-05, 21:17

jwhite, since when do you think it's necessary to come off like that to get something around here. did my post piss you off, man? haha

i said i'm open for suggestions, looking for ideas. the only reason i even did it like this is because 2ton has been running 360 gauntlets for however long, and he's been doing it successfully for however long. i didn't want there to be a conflict between 360 and ps3 guy because one side wanted what the other side wanted. you guys know how flexible i do s*** around here.

i spent a little bit of time back in march figuring out my original idea for that Gridiron Nation thing, it was just simply too late to get enough people active in it. people were all interested, it just wasn't active. with all that thought put in to it, and the disappointment for the original failure, of COURSE i wanted to do it again. i was just giving this way a shot because we're trying to bring more people in.

i'll reorganize my original idea and we'll figure out when to get it started, but anything more than "yo we should do it the way we were gonna do it for 09" is unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crew Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crew Wars   Crew Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Crew Wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next