Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)

Go down 
+11
Dnasty857
antwanS
Mister_JP
PapaSmurf
Mcnair2Wycheck
Devo
bigbuddah
Radi0ActivWaste
Swag Escobar
PrimaryFailure6
EggzOverEazy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty
PostSubject: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 11:49

It has been confirmed by Ian Cummings that each copy of Madden 10 will come with a code to access Online Franchise Mode, therefor, if you by the game used and without a code, or with a code already used, then you will have to pay to get online franchise for your console.

This is said to be because of video game piracy, but to be honest that just looks like a lame excuse to charge people more money. It is becoming obvious that EA really went on a money hunt this year, which is ok as long as they don't keep up this s*** of charging their customers for extra s***.

It was already released that players could pay an extra $5 to recieve "elite" status. A DLC package that in no way, shape, or form makes you "elite" in any god damned sense of the word. All you get is a special colored name, special lobbies, and the special ability to play All-Madden ranked games. woopty-doo, you couldn't do that for free?
Back to top Go down
PrimaryFailure6
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
PrimaryFailure6

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 11:50

bitches
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 11:52

yea they started with ncaa EA going crazy.... this is why that license needs to die
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 12:28

those EA bitchs just trying to get more money.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 13:44

yeah they started this wit ncaa. not tellin ppl that u have to buy team slots for your created teambuilder teams. u can pay for a recruiting region to use for online dynasty and even regular dynasty. its kinda rediculous how they are trying to get more dough out of us specially if it means nothin.

elite status isnt doesnt mean anything and should be somethin givin to u by EA for acquiring some kind of rank but buying it haha they even said somethin about if a lil kid wants to buy elite status they can so they obviously dont care.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 14:47

they started this money hunt last year wit NBA live and that DNA thing they had. if you bought the game new it came with the code but if you got it used or whatever you had to pay like 20 bucks on PSN. thats why nobody bought that dumb ass game EA tryna **** people over
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 19:39

I don't really care, I'll just enter the code with my game.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 20:04

buy the game new = problem solved
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-07-31, 20:31

Falcon_Fan727 wrote:
buy the game new = problem solved
its not that its a problem we are all gettin the game new its just that why even charge for some s*** like that just because someone buys the game used its just ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-05, 08:53

it makes sence for them to do that cause game stop rips you off on used games. the used games at game stop are only like 5 bucks cheapier so whos going to want to buy a used madden now?
Back to top Go down
antwanS
New MS Member
New MS Member
antwanS

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-05, 23:10

EggzOverEazy wrote:
It has been confirmed by Ian Cummings that each copy of Madden 10 will come with a code to access Online Franchise Mode, therefor, if you by the game used and without a code, or with a code already used, then you will have to pay to get online franchise for your console.

This is said to be because of video game piracy, but to be honest that just looks like a lame excuse to charge people more money. It is becoming obvious that EA really went on a money hunt this year, which is ok as long as they don't keep up this s*** of charging their customers for extra s***.

It was already released that players could pay an extra $5 to recieve "elite" status. A DLC package that in no way, shape, or form makes you "elite" in any god damned sense of the word. All you get is a special colored name, special lobbies, and the special ability to play All-Madden ranked games. woopty-doo, you couldn't do that for free?
WOW i never buy madden used anyway
Back to top Go down
Dnasty857
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-07, 00:06

They are stupid money grubbing A**holes who are jerking you for money
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-07, 14:13

Just buy your game new. :?
I mean..who was planning on buying it used? lol
Back to top Go down
guii23
New MS Member
New MS Member
guii23

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-08, 14:57

and how much dynasties are we gonna be able to get in without paying for more??
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-08, 15:16

i cnt believe ea dnt they knw ppl r struggling sum ppl buy it used cause these games r high thats just dumn on ea's part im glad i always buy new but for others this sux. i swear i cnt wait for 2k football. i want a real fb game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-09, 07:39

xXBlackiceXx wrote:
i swear i cnt wait for 2k football. i want a real fb game.
ME EITHER
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty2009-08-09, 08:44

i mean i think its ridiculous that they're charging for online franchise, that is NOT something that requires extra money in my eyes. and the reason they gave is a joke... but im not ready to move on to another football game. EA just hit the nail on the head with Madden 10, im liking it so far. hopefully they don't get carried away from themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)   Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs) Empty

Back to top Go down

Paying for online franchise (EA's hidden costs)
Page 1 of 1