Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden shows no love to pats RB

Go down 
+7
Ketcham While They're Hot
Call Me 2K
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
beeman999
Modrewgnu
BOSTN BEANER
crawk
11 posters
AuthorMessage
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty
PostSubject: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 22:15

Fred Taylor 82
Laurence Maroney 78
Sammy Morris 75
Kevin Faulk 74

Fred taylor when healthy is one of the best backs in NFL,

Any pats fan will tell you sammy morris is one hell of a back and is probably the most underrarted rb in madden.

Kevin Faulks rating is a little high since all he does is catch the ball.

Finally I hate Laurence maroney. He is so overrated that it makes me sick. People think he is good because he was rated high in madden last year. That is not the case. He played in only 3 games last year and averaged just over 3 ypc. This may be just a personal hatred for him but I think he sucks.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 22:50

crawk wrote:
Fred Taylor 82
Laurence Maroney 78
Sammy Morris 75
Kevin Faulk 74

Fred taylor when healthy is one of the best backs in NFL,

Any pats fan will tell you sammy morris is one hell of a back and is probably the most underrarted rb in madden.

Kevin Faulks rating is a little high since all he does is catch the ball.

Finally I hate Laurence maroney. He is so overrated that it makes me sick. People think he is good because he was rated high in madden last year. That is not the case. He played in only 3 games last year and averaged just over 3 ypc. This may be just a personal hatred for him but I think he sucks.

yea i hate maroney too... sammy morris is good but madden will never rate him high cuz hes not a starter, he is a back who only carries the ball 5 times a game until maroney gets hurt.. which is the first 3 or4 games every year.. faulk is our best back, he always has the big play, no one else does.. i am excited to see fred taylor in NE this year though.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 22:57

while the pats backs may be underrated, ea had to rate some position on the pats low. They couldnt make them the best team in the game, so they may have slighted the running backs.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but as a avid jags fan, i have no idea how thomas jones is rated a 90 overall and Fred Taylor is rated only an 82. Its like ea punishes veterans who change teams. Guys like fred taylor and torry holt who havent shown any real signs of decline, get lowered 10 overall ranking points for seemingly no reason except that they are 1 year older and changed teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 23:02

Modrewgnu wrote:
while the pats backs may be underrated, ea had to rate some position on the pats low. They couldnt make them the best team in the game, so they may have slighted the running backs.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but as a avid jags fan, i have no idea how thomas jones is rated a 90 overall and Fred Taylor is rated only an 82. Its like ea punishes veterans who change teams. Guys like fred taylor and torry holt who havent shown any real signs of decline, get lowered 10 overall ranking points for seemingly no reason except that they are 1 year older and changed teams.

haha dont worry mod ur boy fred taylor is gettin a ring this year as the feature back!!
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 23:07

fred taylor did nothing last year though thats why he was lowered
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 23:12

why are u complaining fu*K u have the pats they have 2 suck at something in this gm fred tatylor is old and didnt do crap last yr his rating is going 2 take a hit. stop crying about it who cares
Back to top Go down
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 23:14

Still waiting for the day the Pats pick up some kind of speed back; he doesn't even have to be good in real life football, lol.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-28, 23:50

President B. Dazzle wrote:

As someone who actually follows fred taylor and his career at jacksonville, he got 50% of the carries last year, and 4 out of the 5 starting olineman were injured for at least 12 games last year.

Fred taylor did not decline, he was a running back without an oline. I dont care if you are adrian peterson or barry sanders, if you dont have an oline, you arent going to get yards or touchdowns. Fred deserves better then an 82 plain and simple. Ya maybe he doesnt deserve to be a 90, but even with the new rankings, give him an 85, i mean he is top 10 all time in rush yards and he just reached the end of his prime, its not like he is 36, he is 33 and has split carries for the last 3 years so he still has the legs.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 00:29

Modrewgnu wrote:

As someone who actually follows fred taylor and his career at jacksonville, he got 50% of the carries last year, and 4 out of the 5 starting olineman were injured for at least 12 games last year.

Fred taylor did not decline, he was a running back without an oline. I dont care if you are adrian peterson or barry sanders, if you dont have an oline, you arent going to get yards or touchdowns. Fred deserves better then an 82 plain and simple. Ya maybe he doesnt deserve to be a 90, but even with the new rankings, give him an 85, i mean he is top 10 all time in rush yards and he just reached the end of his prime, its not like he is 36, he is 33 and has split carries for the last 3 years so he still has the legs.

Last season, Fred Taylor played in 13 games, had 143 carries and 556
yards. On the other hand, Thomas Jones played 16 games, had 290 carries
and 1,312 yards, which I believe was the best mark in the AFC.

With that said, I don't see how your argument holds at all. If they were making the ratings for Madden Classic or something like that, sure, Taylor would deserve a much higher rating. But, because it's based mostly off of last year's performance, he definitely deserved the 82 rating he got. Also, it's not Madden's fault that his o-line was hurt. It would be pretty ridiculous if they played the "what if" game and rated what they think he might've done if everyone had been healthy.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 02:17

Ketcham while theyre Kobe wrote:
Modrewgnu wrote:

Last season, Fred Taylor played in 13 games, had 143 carries and 556
yards. On the other hand, Thomas Jones played 16 games, had 290 carries
and 1,312 yards, which I believe was the best mark in the AFC.

With that said, I don't see how your argument holds at all. If they were making the ratings for Madden Classic or something like that, sure, Taylor would deserve a much higher rating. But, because it's based mostly off of last year's performance, he definitely deserved the 82 rating he got. Also, it's not Madden's fault that his o-line was hurt. It would be pretty ridiculous if they played the "what if" game and rated what they think he might've done if everyone had been healthy.

1. Tom Brady and shawne merriman

2. The jets were in a postion to run the ball more then the jags because they were actually a decent team. just because a running back gets the ball more often then another running back does not make him better. Lets do some math:

143 carries for 556 yards
290 carries for 1,312 yards

If fred taylor was given the ball 157 more times, he is under 150 yards away from thomas jones. Does that warrant an 8 point drop? I understand that is a big IF, but a running back shouldnt be penalized for lack of carries because the team he is on sucks and was down by 20 points all the time so they had to throw the ball. Fred taylor has proven every year since 2002 that he is good for well over 1000 yards if he gets a realistic amount of carries

3. Its not a "what if game", it is a fact that all running backs go as their oline goes. It has been that way for as long as i can rembemer. You are the broncos fan, you know that terrell davis really wasnt an amazing running back, it was that bronco offensive line that was so skilled and strong that he just looked like an absolute stud. Then he retired and 5 more backs came into the broncos system and they all rushed for 1000 yards. Please don't say that guys like mike anderson, tatum bell, reuben droughns, and olandis gary and all the other broncos i am forgetting deserved to be rated high just because of their 1000 yard plus seasons. There should be so much more to madden rankings then stats. Stats are misleading. You could tell a story with stats any way you want to.

Yes maybe thomas jones should be rated higher then fred taylor this year, but a running back who has never ever gotten the respect he deserves who has rushed for over 10,000 yards in his career, had an off year because his entire offensive line was injured and he split carries with one of the best running backs in the national foootball league should be rated higher then an 82 its just my opinion.

I am kinda glad he isnt higher then an 82 because if the pats had a good madden rushing attack, everyone and their mother would use the pats, but i dont think it is fair to fred.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 02:51

my take on this is that fred taylor is still a great back...it was time for him to leave jacksonville caus mjd has matured...take nothing away from freddie his is 1 of the few backs that can still carry the ball 20+ times a game and that he can give the pats something they need...sure put faulk in wen they go shotty but fred can slow the game down and do it very well...he is wat top 10 in running yards in nfl history...he reminds me of wen emmit smith was late in his career...now fred is still fresh lookin imo...he runs with alot of power still and hasnt had too many bad injuries he has enough speed and veteran eyes...u can tell edgarin james hit the wall but to me u cant tell that fred taylor has hit the wall i dnt think his rating is write.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 04:50

u know EA doesnt care about the reason the RB didnt make it to 1000 yards.... they just look at the yardage and give them a rating that reflects it, they dropped moss and it wasnt his fault that brady went down and cassel came in... and brady didnt get dropped cause brady didnt show a decline he just got injured... merriman got dropped after he got injured last year in the roster updates i dont know wat his rating is now tho

Last edited by DaBawseSwag on 2009-07-29, 04:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 04:53

[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:
my take on this is that fred taylor is still a great back...it was time for him to leave jacksonville caus mjd has matured...take nothing away from freddie his is 1 of the few backs that can still carry the ball 20+ times a game and that he can give the pats something they need...sure put faulk in wen they go shotty but fred can slow the game down and do it very well...he is wat top 10 in running yards in nfl history...he reminds me of wen emmit smith was late in his career...now fred is still fresh lookin imo...he runs with alot of power still and hasnt had too many bad injuries he has enough speed and veteran eyes...u can tell edgarin james hit the wall but to me u cant tell that fred taylor has hit the wall i dnt think his rating is write.

before MJD came along dude couldnt finish a season he was like one of the best RBs coming out of florida or florida state i forgot which but he simply got injured all the time, he cannot carry the ball for the pats without splitting carries because he will get injured they should and prob will use maroney and him in a rotation to keep them both from getting injured cause they both are injury prone
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 06:24

DaBawseSwag wrote:
[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:

before MJD came along dude couldnt finish a season he was like one of the best RBs coming out of florida or florida state i forgot which but he simply got injured all the time, he cannot carry the ball for the pats without splitting carries because he will get injured they should and prob will use maroney and him in a rotation to keep them both from getting injured cause they both are injury prone

fred being injured prone isnt the reason maroney will have a job, cuz maroney will get hurt even if he shares carries! maroneys injury problem is the reason sammy morris has a job with NE right now and ben jarvis green-ellis has a job for that same reason... im pretty sure at the end of the year it will be sammy morris and fred taylor combo.. maroney is way more injured prone then fred taylor and when he is healthy all he does is dance behind the line and fall over for a one yard gain if we are lucky.. hes the reason we dont run the ball more often..
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 12:01

couldnt have said it better myself. I think Sammy morris and Fred Taylor splitting 25 - 30 carries a game and kevin faulk in for passing situations is one of the best rb combos in the league

Maroney sucks plain and simple. He will never be a good feature back and will only be an average #2 guy on another team because as soon as his contracts up he will not even be offered to sigjn back with the team.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 12:20

pats r fucking good enough....

you gotta boast bout thier rbs not being great on madden 10?

82 overall is pretty decent
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 12:31

[quote="Falcon_Fan727"]pats r fucking good enough....

you gotta boast bout thier rbs not being great on madden 10?

82 overall is pretty decent[/quote]

by saying this you are saying that the ea ratings people do not give honest ratings about teams because they dont want teams to be too good.

Are you saying the EA ratings people are dishonest about rating?
Back to top Go down
Roddy 84 White
New MS Member
New MS Member
Roddy 84 White

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty2009-07-29, 13:00

Well if they do good then the weekly update will just improve the hbs

But taylor is legit and should be higher imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden shows no love to pats RB   Madden shows no love to pats RB Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden shows no love to pats RB
Page 1 of 1