Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?

Go down 
+10
huh1231
crackajack
so much swag
CapnCrunch
super_mario90
MikeyMagoo
Baseballa
stinky_night_gown
MiamiXCanes
madden 93
14 posters
AuthorMessage
madden 93
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-11

madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty
PostSubject: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-12, 17:37

Among other things, the accelerated play clock has really killed my effectiveness (i suck, so my effectiveness scale is way low). Am i the only one who likes to shift and/or audible prior to the snap? by the time i choose my play, i have like 12 secs to line up, read the defense, audible, shift, hot route, etc b4 the delay of game penalty....WTFIGO? madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Icon_mad What about getting the defense to go offsides? that has been killed with the accelerated clock as well.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-12, 18:21

i dont run cheese plays or anything like that but i do like to read every part of the D and make changes, think peyton manning kind of thing. so no i dont like it at all just for that reason
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-12, 18:25

i love it.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-12, 23:46

Its the good with the bad.

The good is you no longer have to deal with the guys who hot route for 20 minutes before every snap. And it keeps the game moving along.

The bad is if you do see something in the D you dont have much time to react.
Back to top Go down
madden 93
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 00:00

Baseballa wrote:
Its the good with the bad.

The good is you no longer have to deal with the guys who hot route for 20 minutes before every snap. And it keeps the game moving along.

The bad is if you do see something in the D you dont have much time to react.

IMO, worst modification to date. hot routing is part of the game...imagine they did that in a real game? peyton would be admitted to a mental hospital. the play clock is there for a reason, EA SHOULDNT disrespect it
Back to top Go down
MikeyMagoo
New MS Member
New MS Member
MikeyMagoo

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 02:35

I don't really like it either. Maybe mod it so it only affects the game clock and not the play clock. I know it might sound wierd but I think it would bring the same results they were hoping for when they made this modification.
Back to top Go down
madden 93
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 02:47

MikeyMagoo wrote:
I don't really like it either. Maybe mod it so it only affects the game clock and not the play clock. I know it might sound wierd but I think it would bring the same results they were hoping for when they made this modification.

no can do, at least for ranked games. acceleration is locked
Back to top Go down
MikeyMagoo
New MS Member
New MS Member
MikeyMagoo

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 04:10

I meant for next years madden, make the accelerator only on the game clock not the play clock.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 05:49

i have no problem with it
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 06:37

I like it and it is more realistic. No way you can get to the line after the huddle and getting everyone back and have much more than 15 secs to adjust.

Now on a timeout or measurement or any other clock stppage it is different and should be changed to the full 45 secs. Because any team could get all their players to the line in those situations.

Just needs a little tweaking. IMO
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 10:06

it's cool now/since there's the 7minute quarter's in play so i got no problem.....let it be.. madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? 970642 madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? 622586
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 11:20

i like it it seems ther arnt as may glitches do to motion . main one being there are no qb walking that sucked last yr .all ppl did is audable to s*** to make it do it. now they just dont have a hole lot of time to pull dumb s*** off.
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 12:57

just go no huddle and your accelerated clock issues go away.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 15:54

I really like it but i wish they had set it to stop at 15 seconds instead of 13 seconds. 2 more seconds would change everything. you shouldnt be able to get to the line and make 4 or 5 audibles and motions but at 13 seconds u barely have enuff time to get 1 motion across the field.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 16:23

lol almost everyone i play against gets a penalty for delay of game on their 1st play

and that kind of helps a little lol
Back to top Go down
madden 93
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-13, 19:14

stinky_night_gown wrote:
just go no huddle and your accelerated clock issues go away.

and so does your players stamina
Back to top Go down
BroadwaE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BroadwaE

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-15, 05:13

I THINK THEY SHOULD GIVE U 20 SECS @ LEAST TO ADJUST
Back to top Go down
http://www.MySpace.Com/BwaE
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-24, 20:13

I like the idea that others are forced to make adjustments faster when they have the football.

I know my playbook very well, so it doesn't take me long to make a decision. Plus, I'm thinking about my next play as I'm being tackled or stopped on the previous play. Sometimes I even have as many as the next 5 plays scripted in my head.

I usually have a play selected with about 30-35 seconds left, and then with the accelerated clock...take 15 more off, but that leaves plenty of time for me.

That leaves plenty of time for me to do pre-snap adjustments, as it takes all of about 5 seconds for me to decide if I need to make any changes. Of course, I run the football a lot...and you're not stopping me, I won't even throw 10 passes in the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-25, 18:50

Same Ash, I don't find there to be a big issue though I do think 10 seconds might be better than 15 but not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-26, 00:47

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
Same Ash, I don't find there to be a big issue though I do think 10 seconds might be better than 15 but not a big deal.

I will say, I'd like to see more options on game length in ranked games. Perhaps 3 options?

Maybe 5, 7, 10, and 15 minutes? I'd probably stick with 7 most of the time, but I might play a 10 minute game occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty2009-11-28, 12:38

no huddle>

stop selecting plays scrolling through pages of ur playbook .. u deserve only 12 secs to start the play after u searching for every play possible...

being a maddenair you gotta know ur playbook inside out..by the time the last play ends i already know what i will do for the upcoming play

i always select my play with 38 secs left on the play clock which means i only expended 2 secs picking it. the max ill spend is 5 sec.

then i get to the line with 20 or 22 secs with time to do w/e i want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?   madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it? Empty

Back to top Go down

madden 10 play accelerated playclock hate it or love it?
Page 1 of 1