Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross

Go down 
+6
Swag Escobar
rbskttlz13
bigbuddah
iLLxEaGLeSx10
mattP
CJDAWGG14
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty
PostSubject: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-07-24, 23:33

I posted this, because this is the infamous man coverage killer of 07 and 08, and now its back!

No setup needed for this play, just make good reads. But always look towards the slot WR, who in Pitt doubles, is Hines Ward, THEN look towards everyone else.
The only way people can think of shutting this play down is blitzing, and that leaves the HB open in the flats, or the TE open off the delayed curl.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-07-24, 23:37

great job! i was looking for a good play to kill man.. you just made it a whole lot easier
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-07-24, 23:47

seems like this is a duplicate of 08 with just some minor tweaks, like i am finding a lot of stuff that worked for me in 08 is working in this years madden

great post bro
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-05, 13:48

yeah pitt doubles by itself is worth a mini ebook caus of the plays and routes that are in it i mean it really is a stroke of genius imo and i think i will do it lol but this play is a guaruntee
Back to top Go down
rbskttlz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-10, 12:37

i find that if u mix this is with the wr screen it is a good 2 play combo... lmk what u guys think
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-10, 16:20

i bet i can stop it lol
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-10, 16:24

i found a man killer in ARI PB.. a couple actually
Back to top Go down
rbskttlz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-10, 18:36

care to share them? lol
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-10, 18:39

haha maybe but not all of em..
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-17, 04:57

bigbuddah wrote:
yeah pitt doubles by itself is worth a mini ebook caus of the plays and routes that are in it i mean it really is a stroke of genius imo and i think i will do it lol but this play is a guaruntee

VERY TRUE!
Back to top Go down
blitzburgh88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-18, 05:22

Good one! Tryed out not only slot cross, but most of the rest of the plays in this playbook in a 45-13 route of the cowboys on all madden. Would like to add that I'm a huge believer in a solid run game game, so chippin away at the run really opens up the play action pass outta this formation. Think ward had 2 TD's and like 150yds rec. So good stuff.
Back to top Go down
waterboy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-18, 16:20

this work in run n gun ?
Back to top Go down
blitzburgh88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-18, 18:49

Not sure... I mean it should if the formation is there I don't see why not. But I'm not sure if its even in that pb. I mean the basic concept of it is putting ur #1 in the slot position either against a lb or 2nd string cb creating a huge mismatch. So yea if its in there I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty2009-08-19, 04:49

waterboy wrote:
this work in run n gun ?

If the play is in the run and gun than yes. I would look strongly into the PITT Book, you might like it better than the run and gun. The formation Sinhleback doubles from undercenter, and Pitt doubles from under basically the same could be an offense in itself, I mean that very seriously!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross   Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross Empty

Back to top Go down

Pitt Doubles -Slot Cross
Page 1 of 1