Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to

Go down 
+6
CJDAWGG14
Militant X 1
Ketcham While They're Hot
Fudgy
bigbuddah
wayne019
10 posters

do you think he will go to the bears
Yes
denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Back_catg29%denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Back_catg
 29% [ 2 ]
No
denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Back_catg71%denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Back_catg
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty
PostSubject: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 15:56

denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Marshall-to-bearsIt was only a matter of time. Jay Cutler is now the quarterback of the Chicago Bears. The Bears lack a proven No. 1 receiver. Brandon Marshall was Cutler's favorite target last season for the Denver Broncos. Marshall is unhappy about his current contract situation in Denver. Add those four sentences together and what comes out? A "rumor" about Marshall being traded to the Bears -- who do have the cap space to take on Marshall and give him a raise.

Now, let us take this all with a grain of salt at this point. The Broncos still insist Marshall is not going to be traded, and the linked discussion of Marshall-to-the-Bears was kick-started by a fan email. Still, the idea makes too much sense from the Bears' perspective to completely ignore.

We've covered several times how the Bears receiving corps isn't nearly as bad as advertised, but they would greatly benefit in a one-person depth chart slide. Meaning, if Marshall was added, Devin Hester would be the WR2 while Earl Bennett and Juaquin Iglesias would be the WR3 and WR4, respectively; Rashied Davis would simply offer depth and special teams play. Throw in Matt Forte from the backfield and tight end Greg Olsen, and it's actually a pretty scary bunch comprising Cutler's weaponry.

Still, some hurdles would have to be cleared. First of all, the Broncos would actually have to decide to trade Marshall -- and they are reportedly far from doing so. It's not likely Pat Bowlen or Josh McDaniels could survive the public relations fiasco that would surely follow dealing both Cutler and Marshall in the same offseason.

If they did decide to take this leap, though, could the Bears muster up enough to outbid teams like the Jets, Buccaneers and Eagles? The Bears aren't in the position to offer a proven receiver back, considering they won't deal Hester. They already gave the Broncos their 2010 first-round draft pick for Cutler. Would a second-round pick be enough, and, if so, would Bears general manager Jerry Angelo want to go through another Day 1 of the draft without a single pick? I'm inclined to say the Cutler and Marshall tandem is worth it, but some other holes could arise during the season, and it's hard to build a complete team with a lack of early round draft picks.

Any team interested in Marshall would need to do their due diligence regarding the health of the star receiver. He had hip surgery on April 1. It's possible this could cripple his trade value for Denver, or merely be an excuse for him to sit out training camp while pressing the team for more money -- or a trade.

Another layer to the so-far-unsubstantiated-rumor is the off-field issues possessed by Marshall. The Bears cut ties with both Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson due to legal troubles, and Marshall has had plenty of his own. When discussing possible interest in Plaxico Burress, though, Angelo indicated they would weigh possible on-field production with off-field issues and decide whether or not the reward is worth the risk. If they did so with Marshall, it's likely they'd find it's worth the risk.

The 25-year-old Marshall stands 6-foot-4, and is as explosive deep as anyone in the league. In 2007, he caught 102 passes for 1,325 yards and 7 touchdowns. In 2008, he grabbed 104 passes for 1,265 yards and 6 touchdowns. The added bonus for the Bears would be that he accrued the overwhelming majority of these stats with Cutler as his quarterback.

Marshall, for his part, seems very serious in his stance for a contract extension and may force the Broncos hand like Cutler did. He's already given up more than $35,000 by skipping minicamp this past weekend. People don't forfeit a teacher's salary on a whim. He's dead serious with this holdout and is saying it might bleed into the regular season if need be.

In time, the Broncos might have to get serious about fielding offers. If that happens, they can expect to hear a bevy of phone calls, including one from a familiar voice -- Mr. Jerry Angelo
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 16:21

he wont go to denver but i dnt kno where he will go NYG seem to be content wit who they have hey could go to bucs niners i dnt think jets or bengals im stumped...would be sweat if denver and cardinals swapped wr's haha
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 16:32

[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:
he wont go to denver but i dnt kno where he will go NYG seem to be content wit who they have hey could go to bucs niners i dnt think jets or bengals im stumped...would be sweat if denver and cardinals swapped wr's haha

SPELLING ERRORS. his in denver right now you mean he wont go to the bears. and last sentence would be SWEET not sweat thats what u do when your fat ass works out
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 16:35

iTz DiFiiCuLT wrote:
[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:

SPELLING ERRORS. his in denver right now you mean he wont go to the bears. and last sentence would be SWEET not sweat thats what u do when your fat ass works out

how are you going to rip buddah when you can't even put he's instead if his???

ok he isn't going to the bears, only realistic place is see is baltimore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 17:00

While it is plausible for him to go to the Bears, I just don't see it happening. There have also been rumors about Plax going to Chicago and those have been quashed lately, so I don't see why it would be any different with Marshall.

Buddah, I mentioned that Cardinals-Broncos trade too in the chatbox, but it's very unlikely that would happen. They both have contract issues and it wouldn't make sense to trade one disgruntled WR for another, UNLESS they made the trade knowing both teams would immediately re-structure contracts.

At this point, I'm going to hold my breath and hope Marshall stays with the Broncos...
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 19:04

iTz DiFiiCuLT wrote:
[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:

ID....how are you gonna try to put Buddah on blast for a few typing errors in his post...and then...you yourself make a post with a spelling error? stupid
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 19:08

lol Mili, I think he wanted to make that a spelling error. that's why he underlined and bolded it
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-16, 19:26

CJDAWGG14 wrote:
lol Mili, I think he wanted to make that a spelling error. that's why he underlined and bolded it

mili did that to make it stand out
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-17, 01:43

its amazing how a coaching change could **** up a team like that lol... they will be good in the long run but right now he is fucking up lol
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-17, 01:49

[STARS] Swag2Real wrote:
its amazing how a coaching change could **** up a team like that lol... they will be good in the long run but right now he is fucking up lol

I do think McDaniels has fucked up a lot, but how has it been his fault in this situation? The only reasons I have heard for Marshall demanding a trade are money and medical trust. Ownership and executives sign the checks and McDaniels wasn't here last year when Marshall had the iffy MRIs.

Still, I know what you mean with McDaniels fucking s*** up. I won't argue with that. I just don't see how it is related to this specific case.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-17, 17:57

[STARS] Swag2Real wrote:

josh mcdaniels has nothing to do with this situation.. this is about money and hes not the gm or the owner he is the coach. Brandon Marshalls situation is way different then the cutler situation and the way cutler acted i wouldnt want him to be a part of my team anyways so i dont think he fucked up in that situation either.. cutler is not a leader and u want ur "franchise qb" to be ur leader! cutler is a crybaby and mcdaniels got rid of that now he has nothing to do with the marshall thing yet u are trying to put it on him just to because u dont like that he "ran the franchise qb" out of town..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-17, 21:35

ok he might have been a crybaby and didnt handle that situation correctly but i honestly dont care cuz now my team has a pro bowl qb and they could possibly have a chance to get one of the top WRs in the league... if b marsh does go to the bears it will completely switch up how the bears have been doin... they will have one of the best offenses in the league, id put it in the top 5. they will no longer have to rely on the defense which i love! im already excited to see what will happen this year but if we pick up another top WR in the league like plax or b marsh i will prolly s*** my pants
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-18, 01:44

i am hearing that my "Dirty Black-Birds" are seriously interested in Marshall.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty2009-06-18, 02:06

i would like to see him go to baltimore...it would help there offence out alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to   denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to Empty

Back to top Go down

denver agrees to trade marshall rumors where to
Page 1 of 1