Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Cockiness in Madden players

Go down 
+18
NYGPost212
Yungboi76
sliqnes
BuNcH219
Swag Escobar
jwhite
SdGator
D_Cash
IASI Desperado
BoSpOrTsFaN
EggzOverEazy
Militant X 1
Crunk
PapaSmurf
bigbuddah
Ketcham While They're Hot
tuki94
CJDAWGG14
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Cockiness in Madden players Empty
PostSubject: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 16:01

Why are players these days so cocky? I mean, it's one thing if your really good, but it's another if ur just some online player. What's the point of players being cocky in a msg, or even in the chatbox? What do you gain from being cocky, and then what happens when you lose the game? Can any non-cocky person give me some insight, cuz I have no idea what they're trying to prove.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 16:20

they think bein a good online player means somethin when it realy means nuthin, that and they feel brave from theis T.V
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 16:44

I like to take the completely opposite stance when it comes to madden...I always tell the person that I hope I can keep up with them...Half the time, I lose and I was right...the other half, I win and it's kind of like a bonus...To me, there's no point in being cocky about a video game..
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 17:01

in person, sure be cocky brag and bost it keeps u interested in the game...BUT be respectful...being cocky ova the net is a damn shame but it is wat ppl do caus they can be the polar opposite personality wise then wat they are in real life...being cocky ova the net is pointless regardless if u think ur good or not...i agree wit talkin trash if thats ur regular personality like it is wit me but be respectful of ur opponent...keep the real cockiness for in person wen it counts.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 17:22

i kno like i can b cocky but thats jus me it keeps me pumped, but i dnt take it to far
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 17:38

Well dont go to a MC or any big madden tourneys because there will be way too many for you to handle. I'm never cocky because I see Madden as well a game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 17:47

madden is a VIDEO GAME!!! sure, some people are better than others at it whether online or not...but..it is STILL A VIDEO GAME!! to display cockiness over this or any other video game is a clear indicator that these cats are childish and extremely imature.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 18:17

this is competition to me. competition breads cockiness in some people... i like gettin a little full of myself and hyped up. its fun.

i like seein it too... shits hilarious.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 18:25

you gain enemies and thats what they want
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 18:42

I start out the game like ketcham in case I lose but then when I take the lead I start talkin trash jk but seriously its not just this game Call of Duty same thing if not worse gamers are just turnin into assholes now a days that and i have less and less for gamertags as the days go by
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 19:04

Militant X 1 wrote:
madden is a VIDEO GAME!!! sure, some people are better than others at it whether online or not...but..it is STILL A VIDEO GAME!! to display cockiness over this or any other video game is a clear indicator that these cats are childish and extremely imature.

But, its a video game that people make a good bit of money from. Usually when money is on the line everyone acts different.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-08, 20:28

I can be cocky at times but mostly when I know the person and I'm just joking around but if I do talk trash before a game and then lose I don't whine I tell the person good game and move on...
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 01:38

i have talked trash back and forth with dudes before that was acceptable cuz it was all in good fun and it wasnt harsh or mean or anything like that. We didnt know each other but we both had a similar vibe and it was more like rib jabbin between buddies cuz we knew it was all in fun. But some dudes talk waaayy too much on this game and even when u arent sayin anything. That just comes from immaturity basicly. Cuz real mature madden players know how to talk trash in a fun competitive way without crossing a line of sportsmanship.

It is just a game in the end, but i think sportsmanship is the correct term. Wish the other good luck b4 the game, respectful rib jabbin through out the game, then a simple gg and move on.

Thats about how far i personally feel it should go.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 02:01

I agree with my boy SdGator 100%...
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 05:18

im not really super cocky but if im playing madden on the same console next to maybe one of my friends i talk s*** ,because when they win they let you have it, as far as online like here in the chatbox i dont really talk s*** unless its a joking way, if i beat you bad i might bring it up for laughs but im never like YOU SUCK B**** I WHIPPED UR ASS lol...., wat i hate is dudes who think they are gods at this game because of a level or rank,its like being top 100 on madden makes them happy about something in life when madden is just a game,hell ive never leveled once on madden 09 but i beat ass
Back to top Go down
BuNcH219
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BuNcH219

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 09:54

Photobucket

this should sum it up...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ea-dynasty.com
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 10:27

Crunkologyst wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

But, its a video game that people make a good bit of money from. Usually when money is on the line everyone acts different.

naaawwww bruh! EVERYONE (including tournie players) isn't making major cheddar playing this game. that is only a slim few. most cats probably spend out more paper just travelling to these events than they actually make trying to get paid this way. but...i understand that when money is involved that people will act foolish Crunk.
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-09, 10:54

[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:
in person, sure be cocky brag and bost it keeps u interested in the game...BUT be respectful...being cocky ova the net is a damn shame but it is wat ppl do caus they can be the polar opposite personality wise then wat they are in real life...being cocky ova the net is pointless regardless if u think ur good or not...i agree wit talkin trash if thats ur regular personality like it is wit me but be respectful of ur opponent...keep the real cockiness for in person wen it counts.

I feel you on this for me though i let my game do the talkin.
Back to top Go down
Yungboi76
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Yungboi76

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-16, 00:10

It's madden. It comes with the territory. Have to take into consideration that this is a release for some people. I agree that some peeps go overboard with it, but a nice remedy for that is a victory and sending a gg afterwards. Just to let them know that ur just as good but on a different level with it.
Back to top Go down
NYGPost212
New MS Member
New MS Member
NYGPost212

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-16, 04:14

Yea that stuff is stupid..its a game.....if your so cocky..go bag a chick then...ol virgin ass ninja
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-27, 14:37

in my opinion when someone is acting really cocky in a game of madden with me, it amps me up a little bit an helps me win games sometimes...the best thing about when the other person is acting really cocky is when they lose the game and their like "oh ur still trash at the game" its f***ing hilarious!!!!
Back to top Go down
BuNcH219
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BuNcH219

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-27, 14:56

i'm quiet to start but i get heated when it gets intense or if they running corny s*** that bores me. i def don't start talking s*** but i love to finish it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ea-dynasty.com
Gator
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gator

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-29, 20:09

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

- Salvor Hardin

Back to top Go down
http://www.milsimgaming.com
Versatile G
New MS Member
New MS Member
Versatile G

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-04-30, 00:33

Personally 4 me i have no use 4 words i let my game do tha talkin...especially if uplayin a dude who talkin hot mess about you then you shut his azz up by skunkin him 21-0
Back to top Go down
NYGPost212
New MS Member
New MS Member
NYGPost212

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty2009-05-03, 16:54

Militant X 1 wrote:

REALEST POST IN THIS THREAD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cockiness in Madden players   Cockiness in Madden players Empty

Back to top Go down

Cockiness in Madden players
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next