Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Exclusive Member Requirements Change

Go down 
+6
Modrewgnu
moss81
CJDAWGG14
Militant X 1
Downtown YuckieBrown
EggzOverEazy
10 posters

What should the new requirements be? (choose the best two)
500 posts and/or 3 months or 50 MS games played
Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg26%Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg
 26% [ 5 ]
A committee of members that send invitations
Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg21%Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg
 21% [ 4 ]
Nominations and have current exclusive members vote
Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg42%Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg
 42% [ 8 ]
An application process
Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg11%Exclusive Member Requirements Change Back_catg
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 16:25

Mili made a great point when he literally defined the word exclusive for us. Maybe we should re-vamp this idea, and make it harder to get in.

We could make the exclusive section for people who are extra dedicated to Madden-School, not just he people who work to become exclusive.

Choose the best two options, and it would help if you could leave comments with any further suggestions or thoughts.

Last edited by [STARS] EggzOverEazy on 2009-03-03, 17:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 16:33

i voted the nomination one. reasons being, it should be tough to get into. if voted in, you not only have to be active, you must also get along with your fefllow MS brothers. i think 500 is a buttload of posts (imma get there in 2016). those are the biggestreasons i voted the way i did
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 16:45

500 posts is not a lot when you actually think about it. i made nearly 200 in my first 2 days of joining MS because i was so excited and dedicated to this site. now i am nearly at 1,000. wow!

but...how about 350 posts, 3 months? that's nearly 100 posts a month. can't beat that! no applications though. if we did that...everyone would be applying.....even the new cats! i like the nomination and voting idea better. we present exclusive members would be able to nominate a potential EM...and then...ALL of us would vote on that individual (quality of their posts, activeness and dedication to the MS, and their interaction with MS members etc.) to determine whether are not they are Exclusive material. we could be called or known as the "Exclusive Cabinet" in the forums.

P.S. don't forget the Exclusive Members color - PURPLE
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 17:24

nomination is a better decision, cuz having the top exclusive members decide is a really good thing to do, cuz then ppl won't disrespect us as much.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 18:43

i think it should be nomination to make sure they are truly dedicated to the site!
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 18:56

An idea I had is we could do it kind of like the hall of fame for the nfl.
Some requirements
1. you have to wait a certain amount of time. (in the nfl like 5 years or something, for this maybe like 3 months)
2. you have to stand out, for a significant contribution you made to the site. (great posts, some link or anything else that changed the website in a good way.)
3. you are nominated by an admin or mod or exclusive member (possibly a panel)
4. maybe like up to 5 people can get nominated a month and only 2 get in or something.
5. If you are nominated and don't get in, you have a good chance of getting in down the road.

Just an idea. You don't have to agree with it, just figured i'd put my input in. If you like it let me know, if you have ways to make it better, let me know, or if you think it is complete trash. also let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 19:15

Modrewgnu wrote:
Some requirements
1. you have to wait a certain amount of time. (in the nfl like 5 years or something, for this maybe like 3 months)
2. you have to stand out, for a significant contribution you made to the site. (great posts, some link or anything else that changed the website in a good way.)
4. maybe like up to 5 people can get nominated a month and only 2 get in or something.
5. If you are nominated and don't get in, you have a good chance of getting in down the road.

Just an idea. You don't have to agree with it, just figured i'd put my input in. If you like it let me know, if you have ways to make it better, let me know, or if you think it is complete trash. also let me know.
How come no1 else thought of this? This is a nice idea, except the amount of time should be lowered. maybe 2 months, and a panel of 5 or 7 of us.I think 7 is the # of mods and head mods, so that'd be good.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 19:28

Crenshawboi013 wrote:
Modrewgnu wrote:
Some requirements

How come no1 else thought of this? This is a nice idea, except the amount of time should be lowered. maybe 2 months, and a panel of 5 or 7 of us.I think 7 is the # of mods and head mods, so that'd be good.

okay guys....the Admins and Mods already run everything in MS....lol now...those of you that really know me....know that i am NOT about trying to have a title or any type of "power" on a madden site. in real life....i run 2 companies with 20 employees...so i am already a BOSS....lol but....i think that we Non-Admins and Mods (along with a few of you guys) should be involved in this process to determine who should be nominated or voted into our prestige club here in the MS.

afterall, there are a few of us that are already an Exclusive Member. i know what it took for me to get here....dedication, longevity, helpfulness, friendliness, contribution to the site etc. therefore, we Non-Admins or Mods (who actually have Exclusive) could be very instrumental in the selection process as well.
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 20:36

I agree with Mili 100%
I think that there should be a post # of about 300-500 posts
If you meet that requirement then you can send in an application
Another way to get in is if you are nominated then pass the vote by at least 2/3 of voters
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-27, 20:46

I like what mod said and what I voted for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-28, 01:57

i also agree with but here is wat im thinkings about ppl

1. a required # of ms games played lets say 10-20(a good way to show dedication to a site is play other members of the site and stick around)
2. posts of 300-500
3. mod and admin acceptance
Back to top Go down
ready ready
New MS Member
New MS Member
ready ready

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: i think this should be considered   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty2009-02-28, 11:45

i think that you can be supportive in other ways also .like if u buy your e books if u buy your exclusive membership . it all sapports the web site the money u contribute just cause u love the site . peace. keep up the good work also. Thank You
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Member Requirements Change   Exclusive Member Requirements Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Member Requirements Change
Page 1 of 1