Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Marbury to the Celtics...

Go down 
+5
BoSpOrTsFaN
UltimateCheeseHead
tuki94
jchizzy8
BOSTN BEANER
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Marbury to the Celtics... Empty
PostSubject: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-24, 21:19

The Knicks and Marbury agreed to a buyout of Marburys contract and he is already in discussions with the Celtics to sign on before march 1st so he will be eligable to play in the playoffs. Ive been waiting for this to happen for a long time and its about time its happening!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3931801
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-24, 22:23

As a Celtic fan i would love if they picked him up. Rondo is my Favorite PG int he league but if he gets in trouble there is no Tru PG that can take his spot i think Marbury can fill that
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-24, 23:07

im from boston and ive been through the worst of times wit da celtics, so lets keep the good times rollin wit starbury
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-24, 23:52

Hell yeah man, I think pierce is the man. He went through the shittiest season ever the year before the championship
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 06:34

tuki94 wrote:
im from boston and ive been through the worst of times wit da celtics, so lets keep the good times rollin wit starbury

im from Lynn bruh, i know exactly what u are sayin.. we shoulda reached out to the knicks to see if we could help the buyout situation but we didnt and now they reached an agreement... we need starbury for one good reason... EDDIE HOUSE IS NOT A PG!!! haha thats as simple as it gets and with Starbury runnin the second team Eddie can spot up and run pick and rolls and simply put it makes our second team stronger and more dangerous just like we needed when we lost to the Lakers on Christmas... As sad as it sounds, we may look back during 2010 and say Marbury saved the Celtics season... and as a die hard Boston fan, I will be proud to say it if i have to!!!
Back to top Go down
UltimateCheeseHead
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 07:31

Yeah Marbury will do good there they need help on there bench, im a Laker fan so I dont want to see this happen lol but if it does it will help the Celtics out a lot.
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 10:02

The big thing right now for the C's is to get Kevin healthy. If his knee isnt 100 percent they have no chance at winning a Championship. Big baby davis just cant cut it
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 10:09

i hope this doesn't meen less time for rondo but hes alright.
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 10:13

It better not mean less time for him. He has formed into the perfect point gaurd for the celtics. He is playing realy well, and him and Kevin work that pick and roll so wel together
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 10:17

BoSpOrTsFaN wrote:
i hope this doesn't meen less time for rondo but hes alright.
naw i think rondo has proven himself enough to doc to have the same minutes as before. i jus want him to develop the mid range jumper so bad
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 13:04

im sayin, how are they gonna use him?! is he gonna back up Rajon?
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-25, 16:02

Def. the back up
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-26, 01:14

EggzOverEazy wrote:
im sayin, how are they gonna use him?! is he gonna back up Rajon?
yea he is going to be the spark on the second unit, cause they lost alot of bench players from their championship run last year and thats the one thing they probably nees to win it all again
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-26, 01:25

Marbury will be on the bench, so that House wont have to be the PG and he can be back at SG.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-26, 09:52

i am from VA and i am a HUGE Celtics fan because of....KG! i have always liked KG from day one of his entering the league. i love the "Big" men in this game! KG and Marbury use to be teammates at Minnesota and they couldn't co-exist then. sooooo....the T-Wolves released Marbury because he wanted to be the "face" of the team and not KG. now....he's coming to the Celtics and reuniting with KG after all these years. guess what Marbury? YOU ARE STILL NOT THE "FACE" OF AN ORGANIZATION OVER KG!!!!

i really hope that Marbury understands his role and plays it to perfection.....while fully understanding that the BIG-3 (KG, Pierce and Allen).....with Rondo....are the backbone of the Celtics. if he can do that....then my C's should be alright.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-26, 11:45

marbury and Eddie House will be a good combo.
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-02-26, 12:42

yea a nice 1-2 punch comin off the bench
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-01, 22:01

thats gonna be beast real hard to stop
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-16, 05:09

Eddie House is more of a shooter and has always had trouble handling the ball as a PG. It was probably the best move the Celtics could seeing as they now will let House be a true shooter.
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-16, 09:23

Of course, everyone knew that house couldnt handle the ball. I think this is much better. Now House can go sit in the corner and shoot wide open 3's
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-16, 11:55

jchizzy8 wrote:
Of course, everyone knew that house couldnt handle the ball. I think this is much better. Now House can go sit in the corner and shoot wide open 3's

I remember SI posted the worst ball handlers in the NBA and it was like this:
1. Yao Ming
2. Shaq
3 Greg Oden
4. Ben Wallace
5. Hamed Haddadi
6. House

I got a good laugh seeing as Eddie House is in the only guard on the ranking.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/staff/posts/53061-si-players-nba-poll-who-is-the-worst-dribbler-in-the-nba
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-16, 14:35

TheCrunkologyst wrote:
jchizzy8 wrote:

I remember SI posted the worst ball handlers in the NBA and it was like this:
1. Yao Ming
2. Shaq
3 Greg Oden
4. Ben Wallace
5. Hamed Haddadi
6. House

I got a good laugh seeing as Eddie House is in the only guard on the ranking.

[url=http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/staff/posts/53061-si-players-nba-poll-who-is-the-worst-dribbler-in-the-nba
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/staff/posts/53061-si-players-nba-poll-who-is-the-worst-dribbler-in-the-nba[/quote[/url]] lol it is funny to see a gaurd on the list, and i dont even kno who #5 is
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty2009-03-17, 13:22

yea house is so bad before the celts had marbury they were leavin pierce in to handle the ball up court when the backups came in. Marbury hasnt done anything since hes came to the C's but it was the best move the celts could have made, im just hopin marbury starts ballin before the playoffs so we can have what we expected from him. even if he doesnt start ballin like he can it was the right move for the C's we werent winning anything without him so its not hurting us any. KGs absence of late has been whats hurt us as has the Scalabrine injury. Scalabrine may not seem to be much but if he was healthy he would be starting for KG instead of Leon Powe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marbury to the Celtics...   Marbury to the Celtics... Empty

Back to top Go down

Marbury to the Celtics...
Page 1 of 1