Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

LT Trade

Go down 
+13
XxKillachargerXx
-iBleedGreen-
Winktin Rampage Jackson
b dawk 20
Fedznakez
Fudgy
Downtown YuckieBrown
D_Cash
Militant X 1
BOSTN BEANER
Ketcham While They're Hot
moss81
Swag Escobar
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 12:07

San Diego Chargers general manager A.J. Smith is the reason (or, as the case may be, one of the many reasons), I could never be an NFL general manager. I'm a sentimental guy. He is not.
In fact, A.J. Smith might be the least sentimental person currently walking the planet. He's Al Swearengen. His blood is cold. When it comes time to make a decision about the San Diego Chargers, AJ Smith doesn't care what you've done for the team, for the community, or him personally. He doesn't care if you once pulled his mother out of a burning building. He only cares about what you're going to do tomorrow.
And that's probably how it should be for the man in charge of making decisions for a football team. It's also why it seems like no one leaves the Chargers organization happily.
Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter talked to LaDainian Tomlinson recently, and after reading quotes from Tomlinson and Smith, I can't help but feel like we're headed for another unhappy ending. First, Tomlinson:

"I've tried to be the best professional, best player, best person in the community that this organization has ever seen, that's what I've always tried to do and will continue to do because that's who I am," Tomlinson said. "But to be treated like this, to me it just reaffirms my faith in God, to be honest with you. To let nothing bother me because of my faith in God and how far he has brought me. Because this is what man will do to you: Man will build you up and make you think that you're the greatest and that you're going to be here forever, and then man does this. Man crucifies you. ...
"I think it's ridiculous to be talking about trade and me not being here, that's just my personal opinion. I know every team has a right to make trades and all this stuff, but I just think it's ridiculous to be talking about this, to have this stuff in the media when this could be handled behind closed doors and in a professional way. Now I have people calling me, talking about this all the time; this has become a big story and I don't want this."
And now Smith:

"All of that may be stunning to people, but as the GM here -- where I told you I would pass his name a few years ago -- it will be discussed heavily. I think it's valid; I don't think it's ridiculous. I think it's important at this point in time, as unreasonable as that may sound to many people or to you, I think it's a sound football decision."

"People talk about getting their feelings hurt," Smith said. "Well, a lot of people get their feelings hurt all the time. This is a hard, cold business. I get my feelings hurt, too, when I see a report about an extensive evaluation of his injury come across the bottom of the screen from [ESPN's] Chris Mortensen. I get my feelings hurt there, too, and then double that when there is verification from L.T. right after that. So we all get our feelings hurt, and then you take a step back."
Fortunately for Tomlinson, a lot more goes into the decision than just whether or not AJ Smith feels like being nice. Darren Sproles could leave the Chargers as a free agent, and in that case, it would be difficult to envision the Chargers letting Tomlinson go at the same time, leaving the cupboard totally bare at running back.
We'll see how it plays out, but "with everyone smiling and happy at the end" doesn't appear to be an option.
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 13:16

i think if they get rid of LT their whole organization will start to go down. LT had one bad year. he'll be back next year.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 14:25

yes it started going down after Marty got let go
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 14:35

I think they should get rid of LT and Sproles...and probably Rivers too while they're at it...
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 14:41

ketcham while they're hot wrote:
I think they should get rid of LT and Sproles...and probably Rivers too while they're at it...

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 17:24

the nfl just uses people up...and then....spits them out. that is why these cats need to look out for themselves and make sure that they get paid! i am not mad at them for that.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 17:58

I saw this coming. LT didn't have a good year at all. Also they have a legit back-up with Sproles. They should trade LT and get something in which they lack.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-16, 18:19

remember....LT's turning 30 this year....time for his body to break down....

oh that's right, it's already started to
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-19, 14:48

they are both free agents and i honestly think they are gonna keep sproles and let lt go
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Fedznakez
New MS Member
New MS Member
Fedznakez

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-12

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-19, 15:22

LT will have a crazy year next year watch. Regardless of what team he is on he will be out to prove everyone wrong....I hope is a charger but I have a nagging feeling he will not be. Either way, he will come out with a crazy year.
Back to top Go down
b dawk 20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-06

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-20, 06:15

LT needs a new home get out of the place that fires a 14-2 coach seems like a very smart organization
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-21, 16:04

He should go to the Raiders... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-23, 09:43

I will laugh when they trade him. It will be a huge mistake for them because Sproles can not carry the work load all season long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-23, 14:52

xSamsel wrote:
I will laugh when they trade him. It will be a huge mistake for them because Sproles can not carry the work load all season long.

i dont believe that anything is possible people only say that because of his size but you cant really predict what a person can do........they said steve smith an santana moss would suck..... and jones drew would be a special teams player and now look so... dont believe that talk
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-23, 15:26

No I believe he can carry a team for a game or two.. not for an entire season. Reason being is because look at LT, he was the Workhorse. He broke the rushing record (just like Shaun Alexander) and now look at them both. You don't even hear about them.. why? Cause their hurt all the time. LT can't make it through a season. It's going to happen to Westbrook to if they don't start using Buck the right way. So yeah, that is why I am saying it, not from what the media says.. I make my own opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
XxKillachargerXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
XxKillachargerXx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-26

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-29, 14:41

Lt goin 2 show dem wit a reel bak dey iz imma chargerz fan but i hope he stay but if we do trade him we would hav 2 trade him fa someone datz good in da secondary becauze chargerz secondary iz suspect:?: but we would need a bettr safety some 1 like a hard hitter and descent speed like chris horton
Back to top Go down
Fedznakez
New MS Member
New MS Member
Fedznakez

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-12

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-29, 14:50

LT will stay and get one more year to show what he is made of. Smith will get hell if he lets him go.
Back to top Go down
b dawk 20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-06

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-01-29, 15:53

getting rid of LT would be dumb LT didnt have a bad season he just didnt have a LT season he was injured for most of it if the chargers let him go oh wait they fired a coach that went 14-2 the season before i could see them getting rid of LT for some worthless reason and i dont see sproles as an every down back
Back to top Go down
Adel92
New MS Member
New MS Member
Adel92

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-31

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-02-07, 21:32

It depends who they trade him for really, in the end I think they'll keep him though.
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Beavis

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2008-12-21

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-02-08, 10:21

LT started looking like himself in the post season but then he had that groin injury in the playoffs and didnt get a chance to perform... LT will stay in San Diego and he will dominate next year... Wink
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-02-08, 18:04

SD will demonstrate their stupidity if they let LT go! he will be very productive next year.
Back to top Go down
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-01-29

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-02-08, 22:34

he still has 2 decent years
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-02-10, 04:19

LT is one of there best players if they let him go they can say goodbye to rushing yards
Back to top Go down
Adel92
New MS Member
New MS Member
Adel92

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-31

LT Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT Trade   LT Trade Empty2009-03-12, 19:39

THEY KEEP HIM, WOOOOOOO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content