Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Using inactive or IR players..

Go down 
+18
N_O_BlItZ
CJDAWGG14
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
moss81
Ketcham While They're Hot
Winktin Rampage Jackson
DEATHBYHITSTICK
dukefn92
D_Cash
Militant X 1
W A V Y D R E
blackhawk375
the madden guru
co_jayhood614
pkismyname
tuki94
Fudopi is That Dude
Manniacs
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Manniacs
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Using inactive or IR players.. Empty
PostSubject: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 20:44

What is everyone's opinion on using players that are inactive or on IR.

Example: Brady at QB, F. Jones at RB, Merriman at OLB.

Are people cheesers if they use these players online? I can't compete with my favorite team in the Seahawks(I'm not that good regardless), because there entire O-line was on IR to end the year. I have yet to utilize injured players, yet it seems most people I've played online use them.

Thanks
Using inactive or IR players.. Progress
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 20:46

I hate when giants players use plaxico burress... or when anyone uses inactive players pretty much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 20:49

i think EA should do somethin about that cause u kno anybody can be good if they use the pats and put brady in, i think its cheap but i put into the fact that my team the Bucs realy dont have anybody on IR
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 21:02

It's not cheesing because you can also do it.
It balances out.
But yea it would nice if EA took them out or gave them like shitty ratings.
Back to top Go down
co_jayhood614
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 22:13

nah its not cheatin but it is a coward style of play just try to make it backfire. i hurt tom brady for the game y-day and the person quit
Back to top Go down
the madden guru
New MS Member
New MS Member
the madden guru

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-04, 23:05

its not cheesing, after the season all the players come off IR anyway, the next roster update should restore everyone back.

IMO people shouldn't care about one player being in, if thats a problem for you then you really need to fix somethings in your game.
Back to top Go down
blackhawk375
New MS Member
New MS Member
blackhawk375

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-05, 00:26

It is a video game... not real life. Part of the fun of playing is getting to use all of your favorite players.

That being said, I'll play either way though. Default rosters or auto re-order. I have fun all the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.375tech.com
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-05, 01:01

Problem is when there out for the season...

only in Franchise Mode there out for the season

not exhibition...

i think if your out for the season then u should b out of the game

but if its a normal injury.. ur ratings should come down to ur injured and you can use them
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-05, 01:02

the madden guru wrote:

IMO people shouldn't care about one player being in, if thats a problem for you then you really need to fix somethings in your game.

AGREED my man! cheers
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-05, 16:41

Good point Madden Guru, but also i don't like the use of injuried players but you have to put them in...i do it with Rasheed Mathis on the Jags. My Best CB he is a 96, you think im going to leave him on the bench ? no one will so its not cheese just do it back and its a fair match-up and if you lose don't blame it on that, blame it on your own gameplan.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
dukefn92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
dukefn92

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-05, 18:37

I leave Shawn Merriman on the bench with the Chargers and doesn't effect my game.
Back to top Go down
DEATHBYHITSTICK
New MS Member
New MS Member
DEATHBYHITSTICK

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 01:57

this is a video game not real life (some of you need to have this embedded into your skull)
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 15:50

I think it should be allowed. This is a video game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 15:57

Personally, I like to play as sim as possible, so it really irritates me when other people do this...But like others have said, 1) it's just a video game, so get used to it and 2) The season is almost over so it won't matter much shortly...

I completely agree that you just have to change up your gameplan if you're playing folks that play with IR guys...

Lastly, I think it all depends on if you talk to someone before you play a game...If you want the game to be sim, let them know...If not, there's not a legitimate reason to be pissed that someone is using IR players...
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 17:22

i think u shud be able to use people on ir because say like tom brady was ur favorite player well then the game is ruined for u because u cant use him
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 18:49

It's a video game, it's not real life football. I don't think the two should correspond because there really is no reason to.
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-06, 23:53

I ALWAYS PUT THEM IN...WHY NOT...it will help you so why wouldnt you do it
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-10, 22:55

I'd say its pretty cheesy, but I hit triangle to reorder my depth chart, so IDK whos injured and who isn't
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
N_O_BlItZ
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-14, 15:51

This is rediculous. Maybe y'all should only play madden on Sundays and Mondays, and I guess the occasional Thursday and Saturday too. Also, start checking injury reports and if the player misses practice for a sore ankle dont even think about using them that day.

It shouldn't matter who's in the game or even what team they r using. Man up, adjust ur game andjust win. What's more satisfying...beating an injury riddled team or knowing you beat them with their best on the field.
Back to top Go down
godfather12404
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-17, 04:56

i dont mind it at all. i think if the person is in the nfl, it shouldnt matter if their hurt. you should still be able to use them in the game. i actually hate the whole injury deal online anyways. not many ppl will let you set your depth chart, so it forces you to play with teams that do not have alot of injuries.
Back to top Go down
b dawk 20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-17, 08:35

if you can use them in madden and they help your team do it if i have a lineman injured and my backup is a 78 im playin the better o lineman im not tryin to have d ware slaughter me every play thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
xPICKx4xSIXx
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
xPICKx4xSIXx

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-17, 15:45

I SAY ITS NOT CHEATIN 2 PUT IN UR HURT PLAYERS ITS JUST A GAME ANYWAY PEOPLE WASNT COMPLAININ LAST YEAR SO WHY COMPLAIN FOR PEOPLE DOIN IT NOW I PUT IN MY HURT PLAYERS AND I ASK PEOPLE ON DERE HEADSET ARE U GOIN 2 PUT UR PEOPLE IN OR WATEVER U DO AND IF U SAY NO DATS YA LOST
Back to top Go down
http://Www.Myspace.Com/TakeemDaNigga1
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty2009-01-17, 18:20

i dont even care
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using inactive or IR players..   Using inactive or IR players.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Using inactive or IR players..
Page 1 of 1