Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme

Go down 
+11
Fudgy
IASI Desperado
NewbieX2
KidProDiiGy
rockywrist989
D_Cash
wayne019
CJDAWGG14
YUNG CHOP
yaboy510
Militant X 1
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-10, 16:01

i have been asked to post a few more of the "Mini" schemes that i run out of the Run N Gun playbook for the Next Gen (360) users. i hope they improve your game. while i am no tournament player....nor....consider myself to be the "best" madden gamer out there....many of my online friends are tournie boys....and we have labbed many plays together ( i am still learning new facets of it) out of this playbook. i have personally run this play book solely for nearly 2 years now. it is the one that i am most comfortable with....lol!

as most of you already know....i mostly run the Baltimore Ravens. while their defense is stellar.....their passing game is decent at best....and therefore....i have had to focus on and really learn how to open up their passing game by running the ball effectively. one of the formations (other than just the Fullhouse) that i like to use is the Weak I-Close. let's take a look:

FB Dive

once again....the FB Dive is the bread and butter play out of this formation. here's how i set it up:

-Slide protect the O-line: "Aggresive"
-Motion the far Right receiver to the Left....snap/hike the ball when he gets behind the LG....or...directly behind the QB

i love the FB Dives this year. they are an instant 5-10 yards a pop...plus...it causes the defense to focus on stopping the inside run. depending on how i feel, i would put this play in my audibles to access the PA FB Wheel in the formation audibles.

Counter Trap

once the defense focuses on my FB Dive by pinching their D-line or LBs....i will spring this play on them. here's the set up:

-Slide protect the O-line: "Aggressive" or "Right"
-Motion the far Right receiver to the Left....snap/hike the ball after he takes 2 steps
-Bounce the run to the outside

this is a beautiful play because of several reasons. 1st: no one really runs counters that much in this years game and therefore....this play is unexpected. 2nd: the motioned receiver will "crack" block the LE. this will allow your HB to spring to the outside for a big run for a few yards.

PA FB Wheel

now this play right here....is my favorite play in this formation. it is absolute FIRE!!! once i have popped my opponent with a few FB Dives and Counter Traps...i will throw this play in to keep the defense guessing, off balanced and honest. here's the set up:

-Slide protect the O-line: to the "Weak" side...meaning....to the opposite side of the TE (i.e. if the TE is on the right....slide protect left and visa verca).
-Come to the line....read the defense...snap/hike the ball
-As soon as the QB finishes his animation...IMMEDIATELY look for the TE in the flats
-Watch for the CB (he may jump the route for a pic)...throw a "Lead" bullet pass....up and out to the TE

i absolutely love this play! it is apart of the formation audibles. so...i will come out in another play from this formation....and...when i see the defense is out of place....i will just audible to this play from the formation audibles. i have caught many ballers off guard with this one and have gained huges yards and even broke a few long runs for a TD with Todd Heap. when this play is mixed in with the FB Dive and the Counter Trap....they make a lethal combination.

TE Fade

this is the last play in this mini scheme. it is extremely simple to set up:

-Slide protect the O-line: "Aggressive"
-Motion the TE to the Left
-Take a few steps back with the QB
-Throw to the HB running in the flat

this play is nice to throw in from time to time because....the motion looks like you will do the FB Dive or Counter Trap. however, the defense will not expect the HB to be running to the flat. this should be an easy 5-10 yards if you have run the other plays in this mini scheme correctly to set this one up. this is my Weak I-Close mini scheme. enjoy! dancer
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-10, 21:09

thanks, i will have to add this scheme to my game
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-10, 21:21

i just labbed these and they work really well, the TE fade play is also good for rc b/c u got the #2 rec on a corner and TE on a streak
Back to top Go down
YUNG CHOP
New MS Member
New MS Member
YUNG CHOP

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-10, 21:25

that formation in the ny jets playbook
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-10, 23:34

yaboy510 wrote:
i just labbed these and they work really well, the TE fade play is also good for rc b/c u got the #2 rec on a corner and TE on a streak

glad that you like the set ups. and yes! that TE Fade is a monster play for the RC to the outside.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-28, 01:28

this actually pretty nice. I only use the wheel thought, cuz the others are kinda risky
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-28, 01:46

i really liked the fb wheel when i did this play it was beast with my other plays in that formation
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-28, 12:49

Good scheme.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2008-12-29, 19:21

glad the tips are helping you guys. i will post a few more down the line.
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-01-16, 17:01

Man this website helps so much.thanks
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-01-16, 17:27

Crenshawboi013 wrote:
this actually pretty nice. I only use the wheel thought, cuz the others are kinda risky

they are only risky when you don't establish that FB Dive. that dive opens everthing else up IMO.
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-02-10, 18:44

great post i will have to use this sheme in a game
Back to top Go down
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-02-22, 01:59

I may try this scheme out when if I ever get back into RnG.

On a side note, how exactly do you RC a TE streak?

EDIT: Nervermind, I can do it now.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-03-10, 20:32

NewbieX2 wrote:
I may try this scheme out when if I ever get back into RnG.

On a side note, how exactly do you RC a TE streak?

EDIT: Nervermind, I can do it now.
cool! yeah...try it out bruh...you'll like it
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-06, 00:06

this scheme is great thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-06, 08:58

IASI Desperado wrote:

no problem bruh!
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-06, 20:16

Militant X 1 wrote:
once the defense focuses on my FB Dive by pinching their D-line or LBs....i will spring this play on them. here's the set up:

-Motion the far Right receiver to the Left....snap/hike the ball after he takes 2 steps

this is a beautiful play because of several reasons. 1st: no one really runs counters that much in this years game and therefore....this play is unexpected. 2nd: the motioned receiver will "crack" block the LE. this will allow your HB to spring to the outside for a big run for a few yards.

you should use the pinch o line slide protect.

the counter plays always need time in order to be affective.

the pinch clogs up the middle which takes away any big noes tackles or nanos from getting in the a gap which will give u more then enough time to execute the counter

but great tips mili Thank You
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-06, 21:52

Jake wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

you should use the pinch o line slide protect.

the counter plays always need time in order to be affective.

the pinch clogs up the middle which takes away any big noes tackles or nanos from getting in the a gap which will give u more then enough time to execute the counter

but great tips mili Thank You

you are right Jake! i do that from time to time. it just depends on what my opponent does and how he is sending heat. glad you like the tips.
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-08, 12:27

very good scheme
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-10, 16:53

IASI Desperado wrote:

no problem....i have another "scheme" that i will post in a bit
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-10, 18:15

Most of my counters I block back....like I'm running left block to the right.
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-16, 14:03

Militant X 1 wrote:
IASI Desperado wrote:

no problem....i have another "scheme" that i will post in a bit

IM definatly waitin for it.
Back to top Go down
BlackMassRevrend
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BlackMassRevrend

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-04-17, 14:03

sweet.these plays work really well especially if you can establish the run.i love the close and tight sets,it trows the d off cause they dont know whats coming.thanx.
Back to top Go down
http://will_dimonde@yahoo.com
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: weak i close   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-05-31, 12:34

i got an awesome money play for that formation! gonna do a video for it. the play is out of PA slant..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty2009-05-31, 13:47

BlackMassRevrend wrote:
sweet.these plays work really well especially if you can establish the run.i love the close and tight sets,it trows the d off cause they dont know whats coming.thanx.

you are so right! since i run the Ravens....establishing the running game is a huge part of my offense. and once i do that....then i start mixing in this scheme (and a few others that i really like) out of the Weak I-Cose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme   Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme Empty

Back to top Go down

Militant X 1's Weak I-Close Mini Scheme
Page 1 of 1