Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Just got killed in a game by Man coverage

Go down 
+6
rockywrist989
Crunk
nawfside512
Militant X 1
Shut-Down-D-
Mcnair2Wycheck
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty
PostSubject: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2008-11-24, 13:04

I just got picked off twice by a guy who was using Man coverage. I used all of my typical man beating plays, and none of them worked. Most of his players were in Man, but I think he had 2 or 3 guys blanketing the short parts of the field and there was nothing I could do. (especialy because Johnson got hurt for the whole game) The guy wasa level 6 and I lost 17-0. Anybody ever have this happen to them before or know how to beat it?
Back to top Go down
Shut-Down-D-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Shut-Down-D-

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2008-11-24, 13:33

Your playing with the Titans, if you encounter man.... Run the hell out of Vince Young !! Man will open up alot of holes for him to run. Look out for the blitz though. If someone blitz's in man, and the blitz doesnt get there, someone will be wide open !!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2008-11-24, 13:44

he also probably used what i call a "blended" defense. meaning...some of the guys were in man...and others were in a zone. that style is very effective because it is deceptive. it shows man...but it is actually a combination of zones as well. you just don't know which guy is in which.

Last edited by Militant X 1 on 2008-11-24, 15:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2008-11-24, 14:50

Ya I use that alot.. It helps cuz I blitz from that formation alot so They think I am blitzing and bam.. A pick for 6
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2008-11-24, 14:56

Run out routes with inside receiver or TE's or slants with outside receivers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-01-27, 13:20

omg i once played against a dude who blitzed me so i couldnt run in it
and at the same time he ran press coverage so when i had to throw a quick pass it was picked off
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-02-02, 05:24

man i think militant is right having a play that is mixed wit man an zone is good i sometimes play the quarters out of the dime thats a zone/man play
Back to top Go down
S0UND_THE_CHARGE
New MS Member
New MS Member
S0UND_THE_CHARGE

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-02-02, 16:54

i use alot of man and people get me out of it by using a hot route and making there running back do a quick slant i've had people get plenty of yards on me because a lb cant keep up with an rb...
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-02-02, 17:21

did u try curl routes

or deep comeback routes... THAT KILLS MAN STYLL

or u can send the TE one way and your HB the next way
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-02-02, 18:46

Curls, Outs, Slants, and posts to the sideline.

Rocky why are you pulling up topics from 4 months ago?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty2009-02-02, 20:10

Whenever I see man I usually just run an out route from someone not too close too the sideline. That gets the job done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got killed in a game by Man coverage   Just got killed in a game by Man coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got killed in a game by Man coverage
Page 1 of 1