Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

A Little 3-4 Info 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xPICKx4xSIXx
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
xPICKx4xSIXx

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-10-29

A Little 3-4 Info 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Little 3-4 Info 2   A Little 3-4 Info 2 Empty2008-11-15, 15:53

A gap:
Here the idea is for the DEs to man up with the Gs and the NT to take the C. Then both A gaps will be open. Infuriately the Ts can suck out the DEs putting the blitzing ILBs on a G. This nullifies the pass rush. GOD DAMN SUCTION BLOCKING
Yet, there are ways to combat this. I found three.
1.) Ignore it, use the right formation, and out of the right formation the Ts only pull the DEs about 25% of the time.
2.) Blitz an OLB; he will engage the T eliminating the possibility of the T pulling the DE.
3.) Put an OLB in flat coverage. This will cause the T to wait to block him.

!NOTE! While setting up A gap heat you want the ILB/ILBS lined up right between the NT and DE. It should look like he is slapping there asses. You also want to shift the LBs until you find the straightest blitzing angles. !NOTE!

B Gap:
With line shifts the DE and NT will engage the T and G leaving B gap wide open. The only way this can be stopped is by suction blocking, when the C pulls out the NT. This leaves your LB stuck with the G. However this can be counteracted 3 ways to bring a sick blitz:
1.) Ignore it, use the right formation, out of the right formation the C only pulls the NT about 25% of the time.
2.) Blitz an ILB this is the best way. Here the C has to choose who to block the NT or the ILB if he blocks the NT the ILB gets through as the other DE holds up a guard. Yet if the C blocks the ILB the OLB or other ILB shoots through.
3.) Put an ILB in the flat zone (light blue zone) on the blitz OLBs side and put him in between the NT and DE, this should place him right in front of the C, now bring him down really far. What will happen is the C will stay in place to block the ILB who will then run out to the flats. This leaves the B gap wide open.

!NOTE! While setting up B gap heat you want to use the LB with the best blitzing angle, either slightly inwards or straight down. Then place the OLB or ILB right over the T he should be on a line with the DL. !NOTE!

C gap:
This is the easiest heat to get. However a blocking back can stop this and nothing can be done. However most OLBs or DEs will plow over a HB or FB, and suction blocking doesn’t hurt you. The only problem here is random blitz angles. These can’t be stopped here unlike with A and B gap heat. This is also easy heat to set up, there are 2 ways.
1.) Shift and crash the line towards the side you want to bring the heat from. Then slide the LBs the OPPOSITE WAY, and blitz the OLB on the side you want to blitz. If he is place right over the DE this blitz is more effective, but it is not necessary.
2.) Spread the line, crash it out, spread the LBs and blitz both OLBs, this is really effective, until they run it up the gut.

Examples:

A Gap Heat:
3-4 Solid
Pinch DL
Crash DL Out
Blitz LILB
Optional: Blitz RILB also, or Blitz OLBs, or Put OLBS in flats

B Gap Heat:

3-4 Normal FLIPPED:
(for normal not flipped just do the opposite)
Slide Line Right
Slide LBs Left
Blitz the ROLB between the NT and the LDE
Optional: Blitz the RILB onto the C or put him in a flat zone

3-4 Under FLIPPED:
(for under not flipped just do the opposite)
Slide line Left
Pinch LBS
Blitz the LILB
Optional: Optional: Blitz the RILB onto the C or put him in a flat zone

3-4 Solid:
Slide the Line left
Crash the Line Out
LILB Blitz
Optional: Optional: Blitz the RILB onto the C or put him in a flat zone

C Gap Heat:

3-4 Normal
Spread the Line
Crash the Line Out
Blitz the LOLB and ROLB

3-4 Normal
(flip for left side heat)
Shift the line Right
Crash the line Right
Shift the LBs left
Blitz the ROLB
Optional Blitz RILB or put him in a flat zone

3-4 Solid
(flip for left side heat)
Shift the line Right
Crash the line Right
Shift the LBs left
Blitz the ROLB
Optional Blitz RILB or put him in a flat zone

1. if your opponent comes out in a twin wr or some kind of spread/tight set, and you are in zone, where if you dont freeze the D your LBs might shift out, you can playmaker the LBs to blitz (for the OLBs right analog stick to the right or left for which OLB you want), and they will still shift like they are in coverage. this is great for coming out in cover 2/3/4, and blitzing both OLBs. they will still shift out over the WRs/TEs like they are in coverage, yet will be bringing some very unexpected heat.

2. dont use defensive assignments. if your opponent uses a twin WR set, and you are using assignments, your CB will actually line up at OLB, then shift infront of the WR. your OLB, will line up at cb, then shift over the TE. so basically youll be missing your ROLB (on the left of your screen) because he will line up on the very right of your screen. sure, you can use triangle left to line everyone up, but then you give away coverage, and screw up the alignment i use most of the time. HB blasts are money to the weak side when the OLB lines up at CB.

and good work to daone. his blitzes probably do a bit better to bring heat than anything i have. the bad thing is that alot of them rely on odd alignments, that might either give away where the pressure is coming from, or might not work well against the run. i like that my D always lines up the same, regardless of what im actually doing, and is always in position to stop the run. both things can be useful in specific situations.

1. if your opponent comes out in a twin wr or some kind of spread/tight set, and you are in zone, where if you dont freeze the D your LBs might shift out, you can playmaker the LBs to blitz (for the OLBs right analog stick to the right or left for which OLB you want), and they will still shift like they are in coverage. this is great for coming out in cover 2/3/4, and blitzing both OLBs. they will still shift out over the WRs/TEs like they are in coverage, yet will be bringing some very unexpected heat.

2. dont use defensive assignments. if your opponent uses a twin WR set, and you are using assignments, your CB will actually line up at OLB, then shift infront of the WR. your OLB, will line up at cb, then shift over the TE. so basically youll be missing your ROLB (on the left of your screen) because he will line up on the very right of your screen. sure, you can use triangle left to line everyone up, but then you give away coverage, and screw up the alignment i use most of the time. HB blasts are money to the weak side when the OLB lines up at CB.

and good work to daone. his blitzes probably do a bit better to bring heat than anything i have. the bad thing is that alot of them rely on odd alignments, that might either give away where the pressure is coming from, or might not work well against the run. i like that my D always lines up the same, regardless of what im actually doing, and is always in position to stop the run. both things can be useful in specific situations.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.Myspace.Com/TakeemDaNigga1

A Little 3-4 Info 2
Page 1 of 1