Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Some questions from a noobie!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jfrey
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Some questions from a noobie! Empty
PostSubject: Some questions from a noobie!   Some questions from a noobie! Empty2008-10-29, 21:42

Guys,

I just rented this game to see if I would like enough to buy it. I think it is fantastic but have a few questions as blockbuster does not hand out the instruction book with rentals and the in game instructions haven't answered my questions....

1) When I practice pass plays, I can press B to then select a player in advance that I will ALWAYS pass to before I snap or I can select my player even after I snap using the directional while throwing. I get the directional icon above their head that tells me which way to press for that receiver.

Whenever I play, I only get a white bubble (no directional icon in the circle) before the play that is red when they are covered and green when they are not. Regardless of attempting to select a player it will pass to a random (most open i guess?) player. I can't understand why the same ability to select a receiver isn't available to me. I have tried all the modes from Rookie to All Madden and it is working the same. I desperately want the direction icon with the ability to select my receiver. How do I do that?

2) I can't call audibles or shift the lines. I can only randomly change players as offense by slapping buttons and being shocked by the change, only to slowly try to replicate it to no avail.

Please help, I've gotta believe there is something that I need to do to get these features but all my exploration has gotten me no where. Again, it is automatically that way in the practices I do but the game time lacks those features.

Thanks in advance for any help. If I get this figured out, this game is a no brainer purchase and I look forward to joining your community....

Jonathan

Edit: 09 Madden for the Wii
Back to top Go down
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Some questions from a noobie!   Some questions from a noobie! Empty2008-10-29, 22:05

jfrey wrote:
Guys,

I just rented this game to see if I would like enough to buy it. I think it is fantastic but have a few questions as blockbuster does not hand out the instruction book with rentals and the in game instructions haven't answered my questions....

1) When I practice pass plays, I can press B to then select a player in advance that I will ALWAYS pass to before I snap or I can select my player even after I snap using the directional while throwing. I get the directional icon above their head that tells me which way to press for that receiver.

Whenever I play, I only get a white bubble (no directional icon in the circle) before the play that is red when they are covered and green when they are not. Regardless of attempting to select a player it will pass to a random (most open i guess?) player. I can't understand why the same ability to select a receiver isn't available to me. I have tried all the modes from Rookie to All Madden and it is working the same. I desperately want the direction icon with the ability to select my receiver. How do I do that?

2) I can't call audibles or shift the lines. I can only randomly change players as offense by slapping buttons and being shocked by the change, only to slowly try to replicate it to no avail.

Please help, I've gotta believe there is something that I need to do to get these features but all my exploration has gotten me no where. Again, it is automatically that way in the practices I do but the game time lacks those features.

Thanks in advance for any help. If I get this figured out, this game is a no brainer purchase and I look forward to joining your community....

Jonathan

Edit: 09 Madden for the Wii
1) You have it on All-Play, take off the All-Play
2) Use the directional pads:
left: play audibles
down: line shift
right: hot routes

You need to turn off All-Play
Back to top Go down
http://wiimml.forumotion.com/index.htm
jfrey
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Some questions from a noobie!   Some questions from a noobie! Empty2008-10-30, 00:03

I was looking all over in the settings menu's and didn't realize until the 100th time I was going through starting a game that I could unselect it at the team/player selection screen.

Much cooler now that it is as it should be. This game is a definite buy. Very cool that I can have someone who doesn't know how to play use that feature and still feel like they can move the ball....

Thanks again for the quick reply!
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Some questions from a noobie!   Some questions from a noobie! Empty2008-10-30, 00:13

hey jfrey, I'm not a Wii player, but I am wondering how you found the site? It wasn't from a search engine was it?

Anyway, hope you like the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions from a noobie!   Some questions from a noobie! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some questions from a noobie!
Page 1 of 1