Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions

Go down 
+10
OGiant23
Shut-Down-D-
SuprmnxXx
Cowboys101
BoSpOrTsFaN
bigbuddah
Modrewgnu
Fudopi is That Dude
Fudgy
madden2k5
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty
PostSubject: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 17:18

The Lions have traded WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys for a first, third and sixth round pick. The Cowboys also receive a seventh-round pick from the Lions in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 17:58

This makes the Cowboys the most rediculous team in the NFL. And im not just saying that because i like the eagles. It's basically Jerry Jones who sits in his office wants someone and basically goes out and gets him. I mean other teams were trying to get williams since before the draft but the boys jump in at the last moment and guess what, Jerry gets what Jerry wants. This is so gay - real talk, I hope all you cowboys fans are happy, seems like they are turning into the yankees, they need all this star power to make themselves feel good and win but guess what??? Romo out for a month, Pacman out for a month and T.O. will get less balls thrown to him. We shall se how happy he will be after this. HAHA I really hope that their whole organization falls to see who Jerry will try to get in the offseason. Prolly try to get asante back, idk. Well anyways, congrats to all the Cowboys fans...this is a good pickup. I know you guys really needed to improve at the wr position, since T.O. is just scraps i guess lol.

Stupid
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 18:16

I say they use those pics on another wide out, some o line, and a corner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 18:20

props to the boys for pulling it off. If it was my team i would be happy they made the move. however i do agree they are becoming more and more like the yankees. except the nfl has a salary cap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 18:44

So I wonder how the jersey situation will be having 2 guys with the same first and last name.
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 18:47

hes wearing number 11 for the boys, one will have just williams and other will have r. williams on jersey.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 19:49

i am happy...it is a bright spot in the dark fa the boys right now...all we gotta do is survive a month and we will be ok roy will be in the swing of things by then jason garrett should dial down the O do more short routes for brad johnson to releave the stress on the O line to the slower brad johnson..he wont make mistakes and if we can run the ball a lil bit better we will beat the bucs and rams and go to 6-3 in time for romo to come back and felix and roy ta have the offense pretty much down...roy releases pressure from TO and so u cant double em all game caus that will leave roy 1on1 and if u double both of em witten and crayton will have a field day...i say smart move by jerry even tho we shoulda drafted deshawn jackson but ill take a seasoned vet...TO will be happy caus he will be more 1on1...back to our offensive domination and our D will get better...i do believe pacman will be out the league for life tho...godell has no heart this is football not a tv sho ok players will be players on the field he is a great person off the field he likes ta have fun if no charges are filed no actions should be taken **** ROGER GODELL assmunch
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 19:58

Fudgy wrote:

Stupid

Now i'm not the only 1 that ever uses that smiley i guess you could call it. :B****: dead

But anyways this makes the boys dangerous in madden. in reall life its not gunna be as big as people think it will be
Back to top Go down
Cowboys101
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Cowboys101

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 20:03

Bryan wrote:
Fudgy wrote:

Stupid

Now i'm not the only 1 that ever uses that smiley i guess you could call it. :B****: dead

But anyways this makes the boys dangerous in madden. in reall life its not gunna be as big as people think it will be

is Williams only spec catch?
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2046819
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-14, 23:46

Very Happy Its a bright, bright sunny shinny day, well sorta anyway... with all the crazy stuff happening to the boys this sunday Romo, Mcbriar and Pacman we needed some good, I mean great news and this is just what the doctor ordered... no pun intended. I think the constant double team of T.O. and the offense being slowed the last 3 weeks and Sam Huard having season ending ankle surgery really pushed JJ to make this deal. I mean the boys were really doing this with one receiver (T.O.) and witten and the running game... teams were doubling and tripling teaming T.O. all game long and sometimes witten to. Leaving Crayton and Austin in 1 on 1 situation. Crayton is a true slot receiver and not a legit #2... Austin is just starting to get back into shape after a sprained knee sidelined him all of preseason but is starting to show great potential and well eventually replace crayton as the #3. The potential for this receiving group by week 12 or 13 well be scary. I'm sorry to say well need the extra fire power as the dallas defense is sub-pare at best... the Achilles heel of the cowboys is the secondary and now that pacman is probably done in the league well still have to rely on A. Herny as a starting CB and thats not good because he's to SLOW!!! to play that position... I was hoping by know pac would have replaced him as the starting CB and Henry could move over to SS but thats not going to happen. Newman is out for at least a month still and we have 2 rookies that well need to step up... like I said we need the extra offensive fire power as we make our super bowl run come playoff time. Nice Job Jerry Jones a owner that really cares for his team and really wants to win and isn't afraid to spend "HIS" money to try and make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Shut-Down-D-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Shut-Down-D-

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 08:07

Roy Williams is a guy with alot of talent, size and strength. Will he help the Cowboys? Maybe... He can certainly play, but has done squat the last 2 years. He is basically what T.O was accused of 2 seasons ago, A drop ball machine. He drops more passes than Patrick Crayton which is utterly ridiculous.

I think Jerry Jones is a joke. He is trying to buy a Championship and instead of going out and trying to trade for a Corner or Safety, he goes and get a WR. I guarantee, T.O is not happy at all. Once the game plays, you know whats going to happen. T.O will mouth off and the fall of the evil empire will occur again. Noone in the NFL is going to be scared lining up on the field with T.O and Roy on the same side. Roy has some proving to do before teams even practice defensive strategy during the week. He has done nothing and I think will only hurt the team, not because of his play, but because of the negativity that will be unleased from T.O.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 09:35

and don't forget...Roy Williams is an injury waiting to happen
Just to throw that out there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 13:39

Fudgy wrote:
and don't forget...Roy Williams is an injury waiting to happen
Just to throw that out there. Laughing

Uh just like that QB named Mcnabb? If im correct. Yes it is him the one who hasnt been able to stay healthy the last 2-3 seasons. I mean no reason to act the way you are bro. I can just see it in how you have replyed both times in this thread and in the chatbox, You are mad at the cowboys for getting him and maybe you was wishing the eagles would have gotten him. Another thing is wasnt it the eagles going after him before the season started also? I think so but im not %100 sure of that. But please dotn act as if no other team had the chance at getting him, because they did.
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 16:14

this truly makes me hate cowboys more.. Can u say Dan Snyder of Redskins few years ago....

FA and trades do not help chemistry.

you gotta draft.

Now with all the bandwagon "boys fans" madden is gonna be miserable.

i am so sick of playin cowboys 1 out of every 2-3 games now it will be 3-3

this is gonna be worst than pats last year
Back to top Go down
Cowboys101
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Cowboys101

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 18:37

they shoulda tried to get Chad Johnson wit the 1,3,6 round picks. Bengals woulda done it
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2046819
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 18:41

I'm just sayin, this was a stupid move on the cowboys part...

RW was a free agent after this year anyways, and he was quoted saying he'd love to play for dallas.
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 18:58

Cowboys101 wrote:
they shoulda tried to get Chad Johnson wit the 1,3,6 round picks. Bengals woulda done it
I think jerry and co was thinking of more this year then next when doing the trade. Because Chad Johnson has a pretty mess up shoulder he is playing with, Just like stanback for the boys. The boys dont need him next year. They wanted someone now and years to come. Chad has been avg at best this year, but unlike williams hes injuryed for the year. Plus age on top of it williams 26 chad is like 30. So thats what the boys looked at also if they even considered trying for chad.
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 22:36

this one move by the cowboys made me an anti-cowboys fan.
It's not even entertaining...It's like a spoiled kid who gets everything for
their birthday.

Hey Jerry, how about instead of buying a championship, try going
out and earning one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-15, 23:50

Cowboys = the Yankees of football.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-16, 00:26

TwEnTy20ViZioN wrote:
Cowboys = the Yankees of football.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly my point! Cowboys fans should feel ashamed that they cant win a game
with quality, it always has to be quantity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-16, 10:30

Roy will be just fine in Dallas after all he was getting double every game just like T.O. and say what you will about his diminished stats look who he had as his QB in Detroit and after you become a pro bowler (06) you start to draw more attention. T.O. should be thrilled because with the addition of #11 that means less double and triple team he'll have to face this year. I mean really do you think T.O. was happy B4 the trade facing constant double and triple coverage because they didn't have a legit #2 receiver. T.O. was being doubled as was Witten and that was leaving Crayton with 1 on 1 coverage and it was taking him forever to get open, that being said, Crayton is a "great" slot receiver and now T.O. has another play maker to help him to reach his goal and that's to win a championship. Think about it! T.O. knows he's getting long at the tooth and he also know that window to win a championship is a small one in this league and at age 34 its closing and if he wants to cement his legacy as one of the best of all time, he needs that championship to make that claim. As for C. Johnson he is talented but to much of a distraction... R. Williams will be a better fit with T.O. and is almost 4 years younger than Johnson.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-16, 15:29

so everyone is mad that jerry jones is more aggressive than there team owner aye hahaha how bout they should grow some balls and get the person they want...jerry jones did this caus he wanted roy fa the last 3 years now with that mcmillan cat gon who was hangin on to his wr like they make a team jones was able ta get his man...he did this caus the team is in shambles right now and needed a pic me up so the players wouldnt think that there season was over...roy opens our offense back up jus like welker and stallworth opened up the pats offense folk...there defense wasnt all that impressive in my opinion and they had enough weapons on offense ta make it happen how that is the formula for the boys right now over power ppl with a machine offense and let the D show up wen they want to till the offseason when they can fix it...jj is a genuis and realized that hey we arent as a balance team as we thought and now with injuries and godell acting like wit a lil bitchassness he our secondary is among the worst looking in the league we still have our front 7 which is top notch but wen they cant get it done we need out secondary ta check ppl...we now have wat we had with glenn u cant really do anyting with the boyz beside try and blitz them our line will pic it up again jus wait u haters...if u worried bout playin the boys alot on madden i got through the same thing caus i dont play with them jus for that reason as everyone does so i see them 7-10 games i play jus get over it and lock em down
Back to top Go down
Shawntopofit
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shawntopofit

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-16, 17:41

Cowboys fans shouldn't be suckin eachother's u know what's yet. They look real good on paper but Romo is highly overrated- has tough time winnin playoff games. I don't blame JJ on that move cuz they could go deep in playoffs now as long as Romo don't choke
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-19, 16:18

0 catches for 0 yards...way to get involved roy
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty2008-10-19, 18:02

Fudgy wrote:
0 catches for 0 yards...way to get involved roy

What can you expect from a 40 year old brad johnson? I mean hell and it was his first game as a cowboy and learning a new offense, Give him time. Put it this way i bet as soon as romo is the boys starting qb again roy will get a ball thrown his way and a catch. Btw i didnt have a good feeling going in this game vs the rams anyways. I dont trust brad and hes too old. I would of rather still had drew bledsoe, hes a upgrade over brad even though they both old. I see romo playing vs the bucs with what the boys seen vs the rams from brad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions   Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions Empty

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cowboys Trade for WR Roy Williams From Lions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next