Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Tony Romo

Go down 
+15
nawfside512
Crunk
Mickey
EggzOverEazy
xPICKx4xSIXx
OGiant23
Shawntopofit
BoSpOrTsFaN
kc killa jr
bigbuddah
madden2k5
SuprmnxXx
Fudgy
foozie22
Modrewgnu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 00:46

the game tonight against the eagles tonight when he fumbled in the end zone twice was hilarious and it reminded me of the playoff game where he fumbled the field goal snap and cost the cowboys the game. I was laughing pretty hard when it happened
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
foozie22
New MS Member
New MS Member
foozie22

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 00:48

He got it out of the way early.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 00:49

i was screaming with joy. i love seeing that. if you see the replay he dives forward after the 2nd fumble...looked like an idiot
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 02:32

Yeah! Romo looked like an idiot to when he hit T.O. on that 78 yrd TD pass and on that late 4th qrt. drive when he hit witten for 32 yrds over the middle to set up barbers TD run to give the boys the lead for good.

"On the other hand"

Mcnabb! was cooler than the other side of the pillow when he twice "miss" handed the ball bad to westbrook causing him to fumbled and on that last fumble westbrook didn't recover... it only coasted them the game. OW! and I love when Ware got up after being knocked down by a linemen and chased Mcnabb all the way to the other side of the field "like forever" for a sack... but that wasn't an idiot play cause it only coasted philly their last time out and made it 4th and forever... Mcnabb was so cool under pressure he didn't need to throw the ball away in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 10:49

It might just be me, but i feel that cowboys fans are overly defensive of tony romo. Whenever someone says something bad or criticizes romo or makes a reference to the fumbled snap, they come right to his defense. Most people, if their qb screws up they will be the first to criticize their qb. It's almost like cowboys fans feel like they need to defend romo for some reason.

On a seperate issue:

Recently i was listening to the Jim Rome Show, and i heard one of the funniest interviews of all time with adam jones. He talks about how their is "nothing wrong with going to script clubs" and "I was just being rebellion" I don't know what script clubs are or what being rebellion is. He shouldn't be allowed to play in the nfl at all in my opinion after everything he has done. He is a thug, a talented thug, but a thug nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 12:31

Mod, its ok relax bro your team is only 0-2, there is still 14 games to play for them lol.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 15:01

this is wat ppl are goin to say all year although as of right now the cowboys are the most explosive team in the league W/O a legit 3rd wr...teams will have no answer of witten or barber and it seems to me that u cant cover the boys zone or man (specially not man)...we havent unleased felix jones in the offense yet....

i give mcnabb credit he is my second favorite qb in the league seriously he is 100% healthy right now BUT the only way to beat the boys is to hope that they commit so many penalties they cant get there way out of it jus like how it almost happened last night and the reason y my BELOVED COWBOYS will have a hard time this year,.....AGAIN. until can shut them down they are the best team in the league right now and cant be beat dispite the fact they are the most penalized and wenever romo makes a mistake it costs us 7 ha ha ha ha......hahahahahaahhaa
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 15:40

bigbuddah wrote:
this is wat ppl are goin to say all year although as of right now the cowboys are the most explosive team in the league W/O a legit 3rd wr...teams will have no answer of witten or barber and it seems to me that u cant cover the boys zone or man (specially not man)...we havent unleased felix jones in the offense yet

The cowboys don't have a legitamate 3rd wr but i would argue that tony romo has more weapons at his disposal than any other qb. You have TO (probably the best all-around receiver in football) you have witten (best tight end in football) barber is a beast and felix jones is a great receiver for a running back. Crayton is a very solid 2nd wr and the cowboys offensive line is arguably the best in the nfc. i don't really think they need a third receiver with all the weapons they have.

Last edited by Modrewgnu on 2008-09-16, 15:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 15:42

ya you gotta go with the boys as the most complete team in football. they have arguably 4 starting corners on there team too! newman, henry, jones, and jenkins!
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 15:50

thats my point tho the boys dont have a legit 3rd wr BUT we are still the most explosive team in football...in the second half we showed how we can take the game over and pound the rock and convert 3rd downs...ppl still cant beat us with romo making bone headed plays at the wrong time that causes us 7 points so like i said teams gotta hope we penalize ourselves so much we cant get out of the wholes.
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 15:52

bigbuddah wrote:
thats my point tho the boys dont have a legit 3rd wr BUT we are still the most explosive team in football...in the second half we showed how we can take the game over and pound the rock and convert 3rd downs...ppl still cant beat us with romo making bone headed plays at the wrong time that causes us 7 points so like i said teams gotta hope we penalize ourselves so much we cant get out of the wholes.

i love how everyone says "we" like they are apart of the team or sumthin. lol!
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 16:04

WE are apart of the team WE FEEL THE LOSES we feel the wins WE feel the frustrations jus like the players do caus we live through the players
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 16:41

Modrewgnu wrote:
It might just be me, but i feel that cowboys fans are overly defensive of tony romo. Whenever someone says something bad or criticizes romo or makes a reference to the fumbled snap, they come right to his defense. Most people, if their qb screws up they will be the first to criticize their qb. It's almost like cowboys fans feel like they need to defend romo for some reason.

On a seperate issue:

Recently i was listening to the Jim Rome Show, and i heard one of the funniest interviews of all time with adam jones. He talks about how their is "nothing wrong with going to script clubs" and "I was just being rebellion" I don't know what script clubs are or what being rebellion is. He shouldn't be allowed to play in the nfl at all in my opinion after everything he has done. He is a thug, a talented thug, but a thug nonetheless.

Yeah! Mod, I guess you could say that. It just seems like evey none cowboy fan treys to constantly put the man down...
last night stats... QB rat 123.2 21-30 70% 312yrds 3TD 1INT 1fumble.... and the only thing none cowboy fans want to say is how much he looked like an idiot on the fumble and lets not forget the mans just in his 2nd full season as a starter with 2 pro bowls under his belt and probably in his full 3rd or 4th year as a starter he'll be one of if not the best at his position but they don't talk about that, they say he can't win in the playoffs they talk about that fumble hold in seattle were the ref even said the "NEW" ball was mysteriously slick that the seattle grounds crew gave him... now every team has its own ball boy and how he chocked against the giants last year. Man! I don't understand why were so over protective.... Anyway! get use to
the Cowboys and Romo being on top for awhile and for all you Cowboys and Romo haters out their if your team isn't doing liked you had hoped this year, get on the Dallas ban wagon cause were superbowl bound... PERIOD!

Last edited by SuprmnxXx on 2008-09-22, 23:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:01

SuprmnxXx wrote:
Modrewgnu wrote:

On a seperate issue:

Yeah! Mod, I guess you could say that. It just seems like evey none cowboy fan treys to constely put the man down...
last night stats... QBrat 123.2 21-30 70% 312yrds 3TD 1INT 1fumble.... and the only thing none cowboy fans want to say is how much he looked like an idiot on the fumble and lets not forget the mans just in his 2nd full season as a starter with 2 pro bowls under his belt and probably in his full 3rd or 4th year as a starter he'll be one of if not the best at his position but they don't talk about that, they say he can't win in the playoffs they talk about that fumble hold in seattle were the ref even said the "NEW" ball was meytourily slick that the seattle grounds crew gave him... now every team has its own ball boy and how he chocked against the giants last year. Man! I don't understand why were so over protective.... Anyway! get use to
the Cowboys and Romo being on top for awhile and for all you Cowboys and Romo heaters out their if your team isn't doing liked you had hoped this year, get on the Dallas ban wagon cause were superbowl bound... PERIOD!

i dont think you can assume anyone is super bowl bound after two weeks of the regular season..
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:03

Modrewgnu wrote:
bigbuddah wrote:
this is wat ppl are goin to say all year although as of right now the cowboys are the most explosive team in the league W/O a legit 3rd wr...teams will have no answer of witten or barber and it seems to me that u cant cover the boys zone or man (specially not man)...we havent unleased felix jones in the offense yet

The cowboys don't have a legitamate 3rd wr but i would argue that tony romo has more weapons at his disposal than any other qb. You have TO (probably the best all-around receiver in football) you have witten (best tight end in football) barber is a beast and felix jones is a great receiver for a running back. Crayton is a very solid 2nd wr and the cowboys offensive line is arguably the best in the nfc. i don't really think they need a third receiver with all the weapons they have.

I thought Moss was the best receiver in the game scratch
I thought witten was at best the 3rd or 4th best TE in football scratch
I thought Barber didn't have enough speed for a HB scratch

Felix does have good hands but is primarily used on special teams at this time and Crayton is a good slot receiver not a ligament #2 and yes we have the best offensive line in the NFC and maybe in the AFC to for that matter. It seems were wining with just QB, 1 WR, TE, HB and O-line and a bend but don't break defense. Tony not working with the best weapons in the game he's just using them the best and showing that he's maybe the best QB in the league.

D@m! All I can say is how about them Cowboys and its funny how ppl opinions change from week to week.
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:05

to is the best all around receiver cuz he can do it all. moss is basically just a deep threat and with cassel at qb i expect him to have a down year.

fantasy owners- trade him for great value while you can!
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:10

kc killa jr.... I do believe the Cowboys bearing injury are going to be playing in the superbowl this year. The only question is who they will be playing from the AFC.

Surely you have an opinion on who you think will be in the superbowl this year but like I said in a previous post... it takes to 5 weeks to get an idea who and what a team is about.

Last edited by SuprmnxXx on 2008-09-18, 00:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:16

kc killa jr wrote:
to is the best all around receiver cuz he can do it all. moss is basically just a deep threat and with cassel at qb i expect him to have a down year.

So if Brady was still the QB Moss would be the best again.

I said so many times that T.O. was the best all around receiver last year and PPL keep saying Moss is the best receiver not T.O.

I think if we go back and look at a poll we had last year a lot of PPL on the site had T.O. about 3rd or 4th behind Moss, C. Johnson, R. Wayne etc.
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:17

okay well you just said to give it 5 weeks.. then give it 5 weeks and if the 'boys are 5-0 ill agree with you but its just too early. i mean i could say my panthers are going to the super bowl just cuz there 2-0 but im not.
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:18

SuprmnxXx wrote:
kc killa jr wrote:

I said so many times that T.O. was the best all around receiver last year and PPL keep saying Moss is the best receiver not T.O.

I think if we go back and look at a poll we had last year a lot of PPL on the site had T.O. about 3rd or 4th behind Moss, C. Johnson, R. Wayne etc.

if u read what i said, i never said that. i said to was the best and moss is just a deep threat.

all i said is that moss will have a down year without brady..
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 17:27

kc killa jr wrote:
SuprmnxXx wrote:
kc killa jr wrote:

if u read what i said, i never said that. i said to was the best and moss is just a deep threat.

all i said is that moss will have a down year without brady..

I did and thats why I asked that question.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 18:22

in my opinion the cowboys have the same weapons as evey else does...if we have the most talented then o well but we dont have the most weapons...i think ppl are tired of hearing ew will win the nfc and go to super bowl and not winning a playoff game...but let us look at how we are now which we werent last year lets look at the rest of the league...yeah u cant tell who is gonna go to super bowl in week 2 BUT BUT BUT wen u play a team like the eagles who have played a legit team and other teams who havent and lost like chargers lost to panthers who are like the 5th or 6 best team in nfc and the broncos who has have a bad run defense and threw the ball as much as they did against the so called great bolts secondary...all im sayin is that lets look at the performances of the cowboys who blew out the sleeper afc team and the 5th best team in football (according to espn's power ranking)...the cowboys where tested we prevailed and look like the best team in football and thats y we can say we are goin ta the superbowl in week 2
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 19:45

I don't see how you can not think the cowboys have the best weapons in the league

I mean look at some of the top teams, the only teams that can really compare with the cowboys weapons on offense are the chargers and colts maybe. no one in the nfc can compare with the weapons the cowboys got.
Giants have plaxico and jacobs.
The eagles just have westbrook (he is the only playmaker that has proven anything that mcnabb has to work with) yes djack can be a prety nice weapon but he hasn't had enough time to prove himself

I mean if you compare each offensive position on the cowboys with players from every other team in the league, the cowboys will win that individual comparison.

i would take the cowboys offensive line over anyones except maybe the patriots
i would take their witten over any other tight end. (their are really only 3 tight ends that are even in the same league as him)
I would take the combo of barber and jones over any other rushing combo except the jaguars and the vikings
and the cowboys have 1 hall of fame wide receiver and 1 consistent wide receiver if they had 1 more wide receiver they would be unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 20:32

good ol tony homo will never be as good as tom brady even though he has jessica simpson. JK.

Homo is good but i just cant stand him. as far as the receiving goes i dont think TO is the best. He is definetly up there though
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty2008-09-16, 21:32

idk i think in a couple years romo could be right up there. he is definitly the brightist young star in the league
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tony Romo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Romo   Tony Romo Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Romo
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next