Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

4-4 Split heat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 13:42

Alright so I run the 4-4 split and I know your like "O wow everyone runs that D" or "Its played out" or you probably think im just gonna post the same double A gap blitzes up the middle, well that is not true at all...Im gonna post a scheme that I use with 4-4 that brings nasty heat and does not sacrifice alot of coverage..Now the reason I run 4-4 honestly is not because everyone else does it but it because when I quick blitz (RB+ right or left) the OLB he's lined up directly outside theline and not all in the middle of the field like the 4-3 or 46...Now everyone also says thekey to this defense is speed and using the DE's while you blitz I hold a different philosphy, I beleve speed counts obviously but I think utilizing the OLB (maybe its because i used to be a 3-4 guy im so obssessed with the OLB) makes this defense insane and really tricky to get past also while using the DE"s every now and then with the blitzes up the middle...What I mean by using the OLB's more is to blitz or use in coverage(faking the blitz) Now the good thing about this scheme is that the set-ups are really simple, its nothing fancy but it gets the job done So here's the scheme:

The two plays I mainly use in this formation are cover 3 and cover 2 invert(Don't get me wrong though I'm not saying my D only consists of these twoplays what I'm saying is that when using the strategy I'm about to post these are the plays I mainly use them for,I still have alot of otherblitzes and coverage set-ups)

Cover 2 Invert/Cover 3:
Come out in quarters and audible down to cover 2 invert/cover 3 (You can use the LB rush package also)
-BnR and Freeze the D (keeps players still)
-Choose which OLB you want to blitz thn quick blitz them (It should be your SS or the 5th string corner depending on what size you blitz)
-On the same side of the OLB you blitz blitz the DE and DT
-Put the other OLB on the opposite side on a purple zone or you can leave him in blue if you don't like purple zones, (Also sometimes if this guy is fast I'll put him in the Aor B gap and faking pressure from this side, If he's fast he can still recover out and play his zone)
-Finally user the hook zone on the side of the OLB that is actually blitzing (To cover the void that is left)
Final points: Try to be as sneaky as possible when blitzing the OLB, that's why I use quick blitz so you never see me blitz him
-Be real disguisng with your set-ups like when I said ill make it seem as if the opp. ---OLB is blitzing therefore causing them to slide portect wrong sometimes, don't do it always though
-sometimes don't blitz both OLB and leav them in coverage thus fooling your opp and causing him to block ppl for no reason

Results:Due to the fact that the blitz does not look as if its the stereotypical nano blitz your opponent will not really pay an approriate amount of attention to the his line pre- snap thus letting your (SS or corner fly in for the sack almost everytime) or even if they dont get a sack the fact that the pressure his coming can cause some poor decisions
Mix this strategy in with other blitzes out of 4-4 and 4-3 over and you have got your self a D with heat hotter than lava haha

ALso plz do not post on here how you will torch my defense because I'm posting set-ups that I use along with other stuff this is not my whole defense, Yes I know slide- protection can slow down the blitzers but at the same time its well disguised and even if you do guess right and block the blitzer, he'll get in eventually and the coverage is also great behind theblitz so I'mnot giving up the whole field
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 13:53

Free411 wrote:
Alright so I run the 4-4 split and I know your like "O wow everyone runs that D" or "Its played out" or you probably think im just gonna post the same double A gap blitzes up the middle, well that is not true at all...Im gonna post a scheme that I use with 4-4 that brings nasty heat and does not sacrifice alot of coverage..Now the reason I run 4-4 honestly is not because everyone else does it but it because when I quick blitz (RB+ right or left) the OLB he's lined up directly outside theline and not all in the middle of the field like the 4-3 or 46...Now everyone also says thekey to this defense is speed and using the DE's while you blitz I hold a different philosphy, I beleve speed counts obviously but I think utilizing the OLB (maybe its because i used to be a 3-4 guy im so obssessed with the OLB) makes this defense insane and really tricky to get past also while using the DE"s every now and then with the blitzes up the middle...What I mean by using the OLB's more is to blitz or use in coverage(faking the blitz) Now the good thing about this scheme is that the set-ups are really simple, its nothing fancy but it gets the job done So here's the scheme:

This is how i fell in love with the 46. I was a 3-4 guy and put the same concepts in my 46. the 4-4/46 doesn't have to be fast, but i prefer at least 70 speed, but if he's that slow, i need a big body like Smith is San Fran, or Dockett over in Ari. But i'm obsessed with speed on the edges as well, and that came from the 3-4.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 13:54

i like the setup, but your bringin 5 guys, its almost an overload not so much a nano, i havent toyed with audibling down to blitz cuz DB's just dont tackle well ill have to mess with it, i can get the same amount of heat bringing 3 guys it can be picked up for better more consistant heat ill bring 4 though, im usually in a different play most the game, i do use cover 2 alot to get some double sided heat, i use to use cover 3 but not so much anymore, but all in all great post free, really in depth, i like it!
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 13:57

Good stuff gonna try it out.........thx
Back to top Go down
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 14:03

yea B-R-B thanks man yea Iknow what youmean though thats why I just posted heat instead of nano, im not reallymuch of a nano guy cuz i feel nano's are just way to easy to beat most people do not overload blitz though...it is 5 guys but somone almost always gets in and i dont use it all the time though but mainly as a tempo changer or to throw the guy off
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty2010-04-03, 14:21

yup thats what i like about it free keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4-4 Split heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Split heat   4-4 Split heat Empty

Back to top Go down

4-4 Split heat
Page 1 of 1