Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden should consider 2 year format...

Go down 
+6
boatrace76
PeytonMvPManning
EggzOverEazy
Ant1010 I Play Wii
Madden's Finest 200
sloppyjoe1762
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sloppyjoe1762
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty
PostSubject: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-03-29, 10:13

It could only help the franchise... In the OFF-YEAR just create a rosters patch, gameplay tweaks, etc.. at a $30 DLC..
And then it gives you time to focus on the core of the game for 2 years then 10 months. I mean you guys obviously need the time off because if sales are just getting worst year in and year out, a company with a brain would adjust.

You would still make $30 from current game owners because people are going to want to play with the new rookies, the dudes that had breakout years etc.. And then the consumer wont feel like they are getting ripped off yet another year, because so much was promised and none of it was delivered.

If you think about it, people play Madden for the whole 10 months of its existance, and not for nothing the features in one madden make a certain Madden a persons favorite because of a certain aspect like Passing cone, or whatever.. If I had updated Rosters with the last Madden with the passing cones i think it was 08, I'd still play it.

It makes more sense now than ever because If you really think about it. EA you can make MASSIVE profits on DLC if you just incorporate some kind of backwards capability in the games. For example I love the Passing cones if you give me 2010 rosters, on Madden 08. I would pay for the rosters and dust off the old.

Not to mention the game would not depreciate because if I have Madden 10, and we are in the year 2015, retailers can still sell the game at 30-40 bucks, because the rosters can still be updated, etc.. come on its 2010 on PS3 and still see the same tackling animations from Madden05 on the PS2.

Stop forcing us to buy a recycled game, and just recycle the game at a lower price. Not a rant, just think about it..

The millions of people that bought Madden 10 multiply that by 30 for the people that will DL the NFL 11 rosters... And the fans you would attract with this because they will not feel as if there game is a weedplate after the new game is released.

Think about it!

sloppyjoe1762
winnin $$$ @ gamersaloon.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamersaloon.com
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-03-29, 10:27

lol, they already have the rosters and attributes set (not the rookies of course) for madden 11. They don't rush when they make madden at all. They have it done by about June or July.
And no1 is forcing you to buy madden lol.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-03-29, 11:39

i think he makes sense
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-03-29, 12:01

i like the idea, just because its nice to have one style of gameplay that you can really focus on.

unfortunately, with Madden's like this year's, no one wants 2 years of this s***. all flats, all nanos. if they REALLLLLLLLLLLLY get their s*** together, and come up with an awesome game with awesome gameplay... they should definitely use an idea like this.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-03-29, 16:45

yeah if they come out with a game that has no major exploits and every1 likes it i think this would be a good idea
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: No Way   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-04-05, 15:12

EA will never do that. It's all about the benjamin's. EA is in business to make money, and they have a fine marketing plan.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-04-05, 15:34

im not trying to create a EA vs 2K thing but.. i mean 2k made stupid strides in 1 year each time they released one, the reason madden is ass eventually, is because they dont focus on really making the gameplay as good as it can be, they want to make new features and s*** they can slap on commercials to make you feel like "oh man i should buy that" so u can give them ur 60 dollars and then after august-September u start noticing everyone finding flaws and abusing them, i mean look at man to man, its really not real like man to man that you would see in a nfl game and its been like that for some time now, they really just fix some of the complaints people have of the previous game to give the apperance of a better game, these guys test out their own game, they play their game, its very obvious when you play it something is wrong yet they put it out anywayz to get that quick money, i mean obviously we didnt need some half ass online franchise more than we needed the flats fixed,man to man fixed, the o-line fixed, s*** like that,and gang tackling is gay as hell cause its set up to where u cant tackle the guy and everyone around them just starts walking like the play is dead and they break out for huge gains,they just waste time on a new features to get you to buy it.

Sadly i like football too much not to buy it, and thats pretty much the case for everyone else too, i mean people are excited about back breaker but you cant really believe alot of people will buy that, once someone buys it and plays it it starts to get boring without NFL teams.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-04-05, 15:49

I like the anticipation of a new madden comin out every year. Sure 60 bones is a stretch but I get my moneys worth every year. Plus for EA it comes down to them makin the biggest profit imaginable.

I dont really play the Franchise much but it does make sense from that stand point. Maybe they should try comin out with a madden version just for franchise use and patch the roster updates year round like your talkin bout. I know they came out w Head Coach w/o much success but there seems to be alot of people that like to play franchise mode and take it deep into future seasons......
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-04-06, 05:27

Its a great Idea thats been thrown around since the first DLC (horse armor says hi) but as boatrace76, its all about the dough, their sales have been declineing so this may happen eventually especially with the digital gaming idea being pushed. But lets face it people keep buying pretty much the same game every year with updated rosters (though this year had real improvements) for $60.00 a pop so why stop. The only way things would change if people stop buying or theres competion. And since Madden has a Monolopy on the NFL there will be no changes. Its a awesome Idea though!
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty2010-04-06, 11:27

Chamelio Salamander wrote:
im not trying to create a EA vs 2K thing but.. i mean 2k made stupid strides in 1 year each time they released one, the reason madden is ass eventually, is because they dont focus on really making the gameplay as good as it can be, they want to make new features and s*** they can slap on commercials to make you feel like "oh man i should buy that" so u can give them ur 60 dollars and then after august-September u start noticing everyone finding flaws and abusing them, i mean look at man to man, its really not real like man to man that you would see in a nfl game and its been like that for some time now, they really just fix some of the complaints people have of the previous game to give the apperance of a better game, these guys test out their own game, they play their game, its very obvious when you play it something is wrong yet they put it out anywayz to get that quick money, i mean obviously we didnt need some half ass online franchise more than we needed the flats fixed,man to man fixed, the o-line fixed, s*** like that,and gang tackling is gay as hell cause its set up to where u cant tackle the guy and everyone around them just starts walking like the play is dead and they break out for huge gains,they just waste time on a new features to get you to buy it.

Sadly i like football too much not to buy it, and thats pretty much the case for everyone else too, i mean people are excited about back breaker but you cant really believe alot of people will buy that, once someone buys it and plays it it starts to get boring without NFL teams.

exactly like how this year every play they force you to watch their stupid refs that are a nuisance and yet they have a terrible judgement on close sideline catches i suppose that will be the selling point for madden 11 santa and they still need to fix o line blocking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden should consider 2 year format...   Madden should consider 2 year format... Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden should consider 2 year format...
Page 1 of 1