Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

highlights of the greatest runningback

Go down 
+6
Th3 Ac3r
Big Hungry 702
chrisc2006
PeytonMvPManning
TheBillsFly
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

highlights of the greatest runningback Empty
PostSubject: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 07:40

of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CumoHC3phU
if any1 dissagree's than let me know who the you think the greatest is and please no arguing guys
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 13:13

barry was definitely the most exciting, certainly the best home-run hitter ever. but, he also lost a lot of yards, and those things dont get shown on highlight reels. However, Sanders was amazing, and on his way to all of the records when he retired prematurely.
I think anyone can make a case for Emmitt, OJ, Payton, and Jim Brown as well.
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 13:15

Oh yeah dont forget that my boy Orenthal James was the first 2000 yard rusher, and that was in a 14 game season.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 14:26

I have to agree with u Don i think Barry is the best of all time
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 16:18

It's a toss up for me between Emmitt and Barry, probably because I'm a fan of Emmitt and the Cowboys. You have to figure that Barry did this with horrible lineman with the exception of one. Emmitt was running behind mutants. Terrible that his will to win and being successful with a team caused him to retire prematurely. Stupid Lions.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 17:03

Emmit Smith is the greatest of ALL time. end of discussion
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 17:36

idk about emmitt, i dont think he even cracks my top 3? maybe its just a matter of what you wanna see out there. emmitt was deadly consistent, not really spectacular to me. Plus he was running behind those mammoths on the Cowboys line. but still, top rushing yardage of all time does mean SOMETHING.

Its all a matter of preference, nobody can absolutely prove one of the greatest of all time was better than another.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 17:41

Barry Sanders=best of all time

Emmitt i dont even think he was THAT special.. Everyone talked about like he was perfect, but i have never seen any highlights/old games where i saw him running and was just like WOW
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 18:16

Here is an Emmitt Smith highlight.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 19:18

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
I have to agree with u Don i think Barry is the best of all time
lol im not the don
Back to top Go down
Uno180
New MS Member
New MS Member
Uno180

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 20:40

BARRY WAS IS AND WILL BE THE BEST FOR THE NEXT AT LEAST 5 YEARS!! because some crazy athletic person gonna come and amaze everybody......but emmitt was wayyyy overrated in my opinion almost everyone one of his linemen went to the probowl almost every year of their career...noone knows the names of barry sanders linemen lol
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 20:49

lol woooooooooooooooooooooooooow only one mention of jim brown? cmon people, lets be serious here
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 21:46

MiamiXCanes wrote:
lol woooooooooooooooooooooooooow only one mention of jim brown? cmon people, lets be serious here

most of the people werent even born to see him play in this thread

he was in a different time....yea he was an absolute beast but it was just a different era

plus browns suck =(
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 21:53

IMO barry sanders is the brett favre of running backs. sure he pulled off some AMAZING runs (aka 40 yard TD pass favre threw vs san fran to win it) but it was either an amazing run or a loss of yards (aka his INT near the end of the game vs the saints).

1. jim brown
2. OJ simpson
3. walter peyton
4. eric dickerson
5. emmit smith

barry is somewhere after that. hell, i would argue that he wasnt even the most elusive HoF RB there is anyway and thats what made him great. have some respect for your elders people
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 21:56

emmit smith ahead of sanders sorry he was good but he had a pro-bowl o-line blocking for him
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 22:32

chrisc2006 wrote:
Here is an Emmitt Smith highlight.

And that is why Emmit is the greatest of ALL time.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 22:52

sanders is top 5 to me and if u dont think so well idk what to say

sanders

bo jackson

jim brown

payton

smith
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 22:58

bo jackson? you must be wild. i have been thinking about this and have made my own top 5. (btw yall are barry sanders highlights lovers - definitely the most elusive of all time but he was more like a power hitter in baseball: tons of homeruns but plenty of strikeouts)

1. Barry Sanders
2. OJ Simpson (he ran for 2000+ yards in a 14-game season when running wasnt as common! 'nuff said)
3. Jim Brown
4. Walter Payton
5. Emmitt Smith
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:11

hes not even the most elusive runner of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9amJhE1UE

respect your elders
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:13

TheBillsFly wrote:
bo jackson? you must be wild. i have been thinking about this and have made my own top 5. (btw yall are barry sanders highlights lovers - definitely the most elusive of all time but he was more like a power hitter in baseball: tons of homeruns but plenty of strikeouts)

1. Barry Sanders
2. OJ Simpson (he ran for 2000+ yards in a 14-game season when running wasnt as common! 'nuff said)
3. Jim Brown
4. Walter Payton
5. Emmitt Smith

bo jackson had amazing speed and power for someone his size and even excelled at baseball guy was a freak of nature

the fact that ur a bills fan may be kinda biased in putting oj in the top 5

the fact that sanders even got tds off that line and off that team speaks for itself...not even himself can break every tackle for a loss ya know?
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDIQEJayxO0

NUFF SAID
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:31

lol im pretty sure your opinion is biased
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:42

biased or not hes the best. just imagine barry playin with the cowgirls o line. emmitt wouldnt be in this conversation if he played for the lions.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-18, 23:54

if this or if that. go off facts
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty2010-03-19, 00:25

Biased or not Emmit is still the best RB to ever grace the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: highlights of the greatest runningback   highlights of the greatest runningback Empty

Back to top Go down

highlights of the greatest runningback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next