Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Greatest In History

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Greatest In History Empty
PostSubject: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-23, 18:10

***The Cowboys are the Greatest Team in Madden History***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the release of the eighth roster update, the Cowboys added Roy Williams to their heavy-hitting roster. This single addition may not seem like much, but the extra 6’3 body adds some valuable height to the Cowboy’s core. In fact, one of the few reasons players didn’t use the Cowboys was the lack of tall wide receivers who didn’t drop passes. But why are the Cowboys the most versatile? It’s a transformation that has happened slowly, but their current depth and multi-attack offense has earned them a place at the top. Where did it start?

Tony Romo

In past Maddens, the foremost passing teams have had extremely accurate QBs. Romo’s 96 accuracy allows players to have confident in Romo; it’s a safe bet that throws will almost always be on the money. It happens to everyone, but QBs with slightly lower accuracy and awareness will throw many more errant balls. Additionally, Romo has a solid power rating, meaning he can hit his WRs deep.

Except for the top QBs surrounded by incredible talent, offensive success in Madden has always been related to QB mobility. The ability to move the pocket, avoid pressure, and scramble are techniques that top players have come to rely on. Romo is no Vick, but he is incredibly balanced; he can tear apart zones, scurry after a PA, and scramble for a clutch 1st down. Romo’s balanced skills directly contribute to the Cowboys’ adaptability.

The Offensive line

The Cowboys’ offensive lets a player pass or run at will. One of the best in the game, it can stop run blitzers and pass rushers alike. It paves the way for Barber and Jones and it allows Romo to use 4 and 5 wide sets with deadly efficiency.

The Run Game

Wow. Felix Jones. 97 speed. Marion Barber. 99 trucking. On the same team!?!? In Madden, Barber has the ability to plow through anyone. After using the Jaguars for awhile, I assumed that Marion Barber wouldn’t be much different than Fred Taylor. I was shocked when Barber consistently led to more yards and more broken tackles than Taylor. Combined with the lightning-quick Jones, you can keep your opponent thoroughly befuddled. But who do you start? The choice depends on your offensive scheme. If you prefer outside runs, Jones might be the way to go, plus his catching is superior. And if you plan on audibling from run formations to passing ones, Jones might definitely be your best bet. Some even start Jones at 4th or 5th WR to use his blazing speed and YAC ability to tear up passing defenses (and you can audible down so he ends up at running back)

And of course, starting say Barber at fullback and Jones at halfback is an effective strategy, especially when used in tandem with full house (FB slam and sweep are deadly plays). Lastly, if one gets injured, you have a very capable backup on the bench. Personally, I start barber because his trucking is simply too deadly, unless I’m using him at FB, or if I’m constantly audibling up to passing sets. Be sure to mix up the running backs to confuse your opponent and take advantage of their complementing strengths.

Passing threats

This is the true strength of the Cowboys. What offense can’t you run? Do you prefer blazing speed? Do you like height? Maybe you just want wide outs that can catch? It doesn’t matter; the boys bring it all to the table. First of all, Terrell Owns. An excellent madden player, Owens has the speed, the size, and the hands to be a great target. He should always be in the field. The rest of your personnel, however, will depend on your offensive scheme.

Height: Most offensive schemes revolve around height. Everything from quick passing to strafing becomes easier when you have a player a half-foot taller than the DBs.

Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, Roy Williams, Michael Bennett. This is your core four when utilizing height. Since two of these players are TEs, a great strategy is audibling up from 2 TE running sets to force your opponent to guard Barber/Jones. For your fifth player, a running back is a good choice, but if you’re set on passing or audibling from 5wide, Crayton is a solid option. PacMan and Felix both make excellent fifth WRs because their speed compliments the rest of your height perfectly.

Speed: Many players are seeing the value of speed in their offenses (especially because man coverage is becoming a bit more popular). For one, it means any pass can be a touchdown. A hitch route for example, can be much more successful with a 97 running back than a 6’5 tight end. Also, speed forces an opponent to be extremely careful deep. The amount of speed on the Cowboys is absolutely ridiculous.

Terrell Owens, Felix barber, Terrance Newman, PacMan Jones, and Scandrick ALL have 96-97 speed. Now, I don’t recommend starting CBs, but if you need the speed, you can always give PacMan some runs (and if you love speed maybe even Newman). I just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of their options.

Catching: The problem with blazing speed is that a lot of those players don’t have the best hands. In my opinion, speed is valuable, but good hands are extremely important. Catching-wise, you won’t have many problems with the cowboys. Even players with low catching seem to hold onto the ball. Your best bets are:

Crayton, Owens (obviously), Roy Williams, Witten, Bennett (and Sam Hurd and PacMan Jones are close behind)

This core group of players overlaps with the list of tallest players. The Cowboys have tall players who can catch, and two of their top players are tight ends! You can audible up and down to run formations with ease.

Conclusion

So what do you do? Well…anything. You can start Witten, TO, and Williams and then opt for speed with your last two slots. Or maybe you start Felix and Barber to audible up and down from I-form or full house. Remember, these two players are excellent at picking up yards after the catch.

You can start with one set of players, and then switch it up to a completely different offense mid-game. You can utilize routes for speedsters in one offense, and then utilize height in a different scheme later on. The key to madden is staying one step ahead of your opponent, and running multiple offenses in one game is certainly one effective way to accomplish that; the versatility of the Cowboys is outrageous–with no other team can you do so much. And don’t get me started on their defense…

I mix it up. I like to come out in two tight end sets and then audible up to 4 and 5 wide sets if the run isn’t there. When I come out in a 4 wide set, I like to have Jones at running back, and I start TO, Williams, Witten, and usually Bennett. Bennett’s height and jump is almost too good not to use. Plus, I have Jones’ speed for short curls. For my 5 wide set, I start Crayton, Jones, or sometimes even PacMan. I use packages to shift in Witten and Jones to 5th WR and to move TO and Williams around, because for some plays (like spacing) I’d rather have TO or someone speedy instead of Bennett catching the ball. I like Bennett, when audibling up, but I’m beginning to start someone faster with better hands (PacMan/Crayton) to minimize dropped balls and raise my YAC. As you can see, the possibilities are nearly endless.

There tend to be a lot of injuries in Madden, but that’s another reason to use to Cowboys. When Barber gets injured, you know Jones is ready to play. When a WR gets hurt, it’s unfortunate, but you know you have 5-6 more waiting in reserve. With the Boys, you can stay in full house all game or you can sit in five wide. But the best players find a way to do both. The Cowboys are the best team in Madden 09, and they have the most versatile offense in madden history.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-23, 23:20

please do not tell me fudgy u sat down and wrote this thing caus it is a work of art...some college stuff fa real...i agree with the whole thing honestly...if someone were to put the time and effort into labbing with this team have a play call sheet then they would be king ish among players...wen u put it the way u did fudgy it does seam like the boys are the best team on madden offensively and possibly defensively as well with all the speed...but is this offense better than the 08 patriots?...game wise moss is better than TO stalworth had the speed and welker was unstoppable period in the slot there running game was solid as well jus didnt have the speed and ability at running back that the boys do...messing with the rb's at fb and putting felix as a wr are adjustments that will and should be made crayton is a solid 3 and u have 2 #1 wr's on the same field and not to mention the best tight end in the game...the boys are loaded and i see y ppl hate playing them...good s*** fudgy Smile
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-23, 23:36

lol know way i wrote that sh!t but i agree with it 100%
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-24, 02:56

u forgot about their ridiculous defense that has 3 speed corners and at least 2 big hitting safeties. a smart linebacker. a finesse and bull rusher n greg ellis and demarcus ware the only talent they lacking r un the nose tackle positions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
kyman
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
kyman

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-24, 16:34

go cowboys they are the best but people ove use them in madden but i believe only true cowboy fans should use them
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-25, 01:07

kyman wrote:
go cowboys they are the best but people ove use them in madden but i believe only true cowboy fans should use them

i would use them but im got so used ta using my other teams from 08 that i guess im scared to use em lol maybe ill use them in the future...i jus like how i dominate without using arguably the best team on the game
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty2008-10-25, 01:08

and if i lose i feel like i have jinksed them for the coming up game...so ill prolly use them wen the season is over with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest In History   Greatest In History Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest In History
Page 1 of 1