Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yogibear021
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty
PostSubject: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 01:44

Alot of people use this playbook and a lot of people blitz out of this playbook. What most people don't do though is only blitz 4 defenders instead most people use 5-6 blitzers. Also, most people only know how to blitz out of 2-3 formation with 2-3 plays per formation. Well here is a guide to getting A-Gap heat with 4 (sometimes 5) defenders out of most every formation in the NYJ PB.

For any blitz the alignment of the players is crucial to the success of the blitz. I have discovered a trick that ensures correct alignment of the players on a blitz. If you show the play-art of your defense you will see the orange arrows of the blitzers. In order to correctly get A-Gap heat you don’t want the orange arrows to overlap. Instead you want the inside linebackers arrow to be lined up right next to the arrow of the NT or the other inside linebacker.

For variety I have included each 34 formation in this book, but I can only get 4 Man A-Gap heat with 4 of the 5 formations.

34 Normal (Four Blitzers)
Pinch the DL
Reblitz the DL
Blitz the RILB (ILB on your left) on the NT's right hip (your left)

This blitz works in either A-Gap.

I like to use 34 Normal 2 Deep MLB spy with this setup (you blitz the LILB who is originally on a QB Spy and place the LOLB in coverage) because of the CBs in purple zones.

34 Predator (Four Blitzers)
Pinch the DL
Pinch the LBs
Reblitz the NT
Reblitz the LDE (DE on your right) and move him in manually
Put any blitzing OLB in coverage

*Sometimes the LG will pick up the RILB, but this will let the RDE run free at the QB.*

This blitz only works in the left A-Gap, but you can always flip the play to blitz the right A-Gap.

The trick with this blitz is the manual movement of the LDE. Since you pinched the DL the LDE will stay inside after you move him.

I like to use 34 Predator Cover 3 with this setup because the RILB who you are blitzing is replaced in coverage by the ROLB who you are putting in coverage.

34 Solid (Four Blitzers)
Pinch the DL
Reblitz the DL

This blitz works in either A-Gap.

*34 Solid can also guarantee you double A-Gap heat.
Pinch the DL
Reblitz the DL
Blitz the ILBs between the NT and DEs*

34 Over (Four Blitzers)
This setup makes the 34 Over look like the 44 Split.
Shift the DL left
Move the NT left manually
Put the RDE (DE on your left) in coverage)
Blitz the RILB (ILB on your left) so that his left shoulder pad (your right) is over the NT's head
Blitz the LILB (ILB on your right) so that his inside shoulder pad (your left) is over the RILB's inside shoulder pad (your right)

The position of the ILBs is important because if you get it wrong the RILB will go into a ripping move that delays the blitz.

34 Stack (Five Blitzers)
Now even though this is a five man blitz slide protection does not help at all.
Spread the LBs
Blitz the ROLB (OLB on your left) make sure he is just off the DE's hip
Blitz the RILB (ILB over the center) between the NT and the LDE (DE on your right)
Reblitz the NT

Nickel

Nickel Normal (Four Blitzers)
Shift the DL Left
Put the RDE (DE on your left) in coverage
Reblitz the DTs
Put the LDE (DE on your right) in coverage)
Blitz the LILB (ILB on your right) so that his left shoulder pad (your right) is over the NT's head
Blitz the RILB so he is on the NTs right hip (your left)

Nickel Odd Split (Four Blitzers)
Reblitz the RDE (DE on your left)
Reblitz the NT
Blitz the RILB (ILB on your left) so that his left shoulder pad (your right) is over the NT's head
Blitz the LILB (ILB on your right) so that his inside shoulder pad (your left) is over the RILB's inside shoulder pad (your right)

Nickel 1-5-5 (Four Blitzers)
Because there] d’ are five LBs I will just number them 1,2,3,4,5 from left to right.
Reblitz the NT
Reblitz the 2 LB over the LG
Reblitz the 3 LB between the 2 LB and the NT
Reblitz the 4 LB over the RG
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 02:28

thats good stuff man. ive been trying to add some stuff with the 3-4 and this should really help
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 02:59

thanks a lot yogi! i fall into the category of only knowing a couple of nanos from odd split and some 34s. so this is a sure fire way to help me out.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 10:30

this is great stuff man.. question tho...do you check out of the blitzes if they are going to run the ball alot.. these blitzes are for a gap and it seems the outside is wide open for like a stretch, sweep or the deadly off tackle..thanks for your help bro...
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 22:04

Not sure if this is your own or not, I saw something similar on the VG Sports/Maddentips Forums which had pretty much the same title. Good stuff if this is yours, though.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 22:22

has anybody ever heard of or seen someone putting their DB's as spies and lining them up on the far outside... does this really work?? someone said he played a guy who was doing this and it created a few turn overs.. i would of thought the Spies would of vacated the area and ran after the ball ( towards the QB) vacating his area and leaving it wide open... any thoughts guys...
Back to top Go down
yogibear021
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-17, 23:07

QB Contains do that...

I am the guy on VG that posted this.
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty2010-03-18, 21:39

hey Yogi.. are you on PS3... lets get a game sometime.. i would like to see you D in action..My offense is good but my D been struggling lately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB   Calvin And Hobbes Guide to A-Gap Blitzing in the NYJ PB Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1