Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Trouble with PS3

Go down 
+2
360madden
c4jun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:11

If people are having trouble signing into PSN there is a glitch in the system. Its only for the older consoles the new slimmer consoles are fine.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/03/sony-playstation-3-fix-in-works-non-slim-owners-advised-to-avoid-usage/1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:29

c4jun wrote:
If people are having trouble signing into PSN there is a glitch in the system. Its only for the older consoles the new slimmer consoles are fine.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/03/sony-playstation-3-fix-in-works-non-slim-owners-advised-to-avoid-usage/1

lol

from gamespot:

Last night, PlayStation 3 owners across the globe began flooding message forums to report showstopping errors while playing a range of games on Sony's console. The commonly reported error code, 8001050F, prevents gamers from signing into the PlayStation **** and in several cases disallows gameplay in both offline and online modes. Sony quickly acknowledged the error, stating that it was "aware of the issue and are currently investigating it."

Following up on the issue this morning, Sony issued a statement saying that it believes the problem is related to a bug in the PS3's internal clock and hopes to have the situation resolved within 24 hours. Also, as initially surmised, the bug afflicts all PS3 models other than the PS3 Slim, which was released in late August 2009.

Sony urged those who own models other than the Slim to keep their console powered off until the fix can be applied. According to the publisher, turning the console on while the problem persists "may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data."

Considering that the bug prevents gamers from connecting to the PSN, it is unclear how Sony intends to fix the firmware issue on the malfunctioning consoles. The publisher said that it expects to have more details later today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:30

it will be fixed in the next 24 hours. Iono what all the fuss is about. It's not the end of the world, and yes i have a ps3. lol.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:34

I'm da ish in madden wrote:
it will be fixed in the next 24 hours. Iono what all the fuss is about. It's not the end of the world, and yes i have a ps3. lol.

who said the end of the world? who is it that you keep talking about? who freaked out? no one. people are just TALKING about the issue, TALKING about the problem. good lord.

by the way, like i was tellin people last night... its a hardware problem, the issue is the internal clock. the only current solution is to undo the battery on the inside, but its become widespread speculation that the problem will fix itself at midnight tonight GMT, which is 7:00 pm EST. it is unlikely that sony will release a patch before then with the lack of updates they've been doing. if the problem does not or cannot fix itself tonight, it could possibly by midnight GMT the next day. if that does not work, sony will need to release a firmware patch that fixes the effected algorithm.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:43

I just want it to be fixed so I can play online already i'm having a panic attack Trouble with PS3 Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 14:51

just cross your fingers that it will work in at 7pm EST. its a possibility, but not for sure. i think sony is crossing their fingers on it, so we might as well give them all the help we can muster up.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 16:43

damn i was slaying people in modern warfare2 Trouble with PS3 898283 hope this gets resolved soon oh well this has given me time to study more then normal and play my guitar Trouble with PS3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 17:27

ok say its not self correcting after waiting.

but sony release a firmware patch.

how you going to install it if you cant even connect to the online service?

I can see where its available to download from their website, then you burn to disk or copy to a usb flash drive, but think of how many clueless idiots out there would get lost trying to do that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 17:35

naw 360, apparently since its just the internal clock (they narrowed it down and confirmed it was that) it's not effecting the online status... but it is effecting the connection to the Playstation ****.

you can actually get on the PS3 Web Browser, you just can't connect to the PSN or sync trophies (which is apparently required for some games). messin' around with my ps3 i tried out PS3 Home to see if that would connect, and since I hadn't used it in a while I had to download an update, and it worked fine! which was surprising. so i could download the update from the internet but not connect to the PSN.

so yeah we have the option to download from the internet from automatically, from the website, from a USB drive, or a disc.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 20:09

any updates on the problem yet?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty2010-03-01, 20:46

hey guys mines is back up n running!!! thanks for all the info on the problem guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trouble with PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble with PS3   Trouble with PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble with PS3
Page 1 of 1