Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stacking Receivers?

Go down 
+2
Brian Fantana
IASI Desperado
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Stacking Receivers? Empty
PostSubject: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 17:26

I don't know a ton about madden but i played a guy the other day he was the colts I was the vikings and I couldn't stop him when he passed and I ended up winning 42-41 mainly bcuz I took 2 kickoffs back for TD's and got the only pic in the game but I went to watch the replays when the game was over and noticed that on every play that i got burned on he had 2 receivers on top of each other like barely an inch appart is that a glitch I didnt notice it in game maybe he was motioning ppl and hiking but either way I just want to know what that means would that confuse the coverage when ppl are tryin to cover cuz he always threw to one of the two stacked guys I just never heard of that before.
Back to top Go down
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 18:56

I just played a guy who used the Saints and he had WRs stacked a couple of times. I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 19:04

like stacked DIRECTLY over, or kinda to the side? Cause there are some formations where the WR's are close like that, but if it was directly over one another it may have been an audible then reset quickly to have plays moved around, or it could've been a glitch.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 19:19

IDK for sure but it looked like one WR was stacked on the outside shoulder of the one in the front. I can't remember what PB he used. I wanna say he used Arizona PB with the Saints. He wasn't very good. I beat him by like 25.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 19:22

That might've been Shotgun Flip trips if it was Arizona.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-14, 21:08

CJDAWGG14 wrote:
That might've been Shotgun Flip trips if it was Arizona.

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-15, 05:59

I love doing this with receivers. In the Houston playbook, and probably others...their I Twins formation has a few plays that lineup in I-Flex Twins.

If you motion the outside receiver to the inside, he'll come to a rest at the inside shoulder of the inside receiver...giving them a stacked look.

One of my audibles is the play "China Special" which is one of the I Flex Twins plays. I go to it when I'm in I-Twins and see man coverage. Motion the receiver I mentioned, change the HB to a flat route, and the TE to either an outside slant or a drag. Snap the ball as the WR in motion is setting his feet....

All 3 hot routed players will be open against any kind of man coverage...pick your poison. You could also hot route the motioned receiver to an outside slant and the other receiver to an inside slant...that would also work for a change of pace.

Last edited by AshBlackstone on 2010-02-15, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-15, 06:39

was he doing out of shotgun with 2 RB?
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-15, 09:51

Singleback Doubles Close out of Indy sounds similar to that
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-15, 10:32

well if he picked the saints book then i might be able to explain it. in gun split some of the plays have 2 WR stacked almost on top of each other. i love all of those plays
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty2010-02-15, 17:12

ya they were like an inch apart on the outside shoulder he had a pretty cool wildcat play too like a double toss never seen it before I honestly dont remember the formations but im pretty sure it was shotgun most the time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Receivers?   Stacking Receivers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stacking Receivers?
Page 1 of 1