Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Tampa bay ebook

Go down 
+2
Modrewgnu
maddo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 13:22

So i bought the tampa bay offencive plays ebook, but i cant figure out how i use it (adapt the plays), can someone help me?
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 15:54

The Madden game you bought should have come with a control guide. Look over that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 15:58

it doesn't say anything about adapting or editing plays, its like that part doesn't exist, feels like i'm going crazy here, everybody talks about how they use their playbooks but no one seems to know what i'm talking about, do You know what i mean when i say that i want to adapt the plays?
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:04

I believe you might be referring to hot routes. If you are on ps3, to change the routes that your wide receivers are running press triangle and then a screen comes up, if you are on xbox 360, press Y. This is something very basic so i am not sure exactly how to explain it
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:20

I think he's talking about putting together a scheme. I would come out in 689 hook dual hb as my base play and audible to any one of the five audibles listed or I would set the audibles to any plays in the guide I like. Don't forget to use your quick audibles for more options. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:26

Ehm, the thing is, i've only seen one game in my entire life, so when you say 689 hook dual hb i really don't know what it means, but i assume it is a play, the thing is i never use the audible plays cause i don't understand it, care to explain to me? if you have ps3..
I still dont understand where i can select Formation and Personnell to shotgun split slot - normal, and so forth, you'll know what i mean if you have the tampa bay playbook, feels like i just wasted my money..
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:32

you might need to spend a day or 2 just getting to know the game. 689 hook dual hb is a play in the formation shotgun split slot that you select at the playcall screen.

Audibles are plays that you can change to whenever you want. You get 5 of them and you have to set them up before the game. Again, you will have to explore a little to find where to set them up. Usually you put 5 of your best plays as audibles so you can change to them whenever you want.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:39

that helped alot actually, i still don't understand what the playbook (that i bought) is good for when the plays in the ebook doesen't exist on i.e. steelers playbook. And also, is the purpose of the ebook giving you the five best plays so that you can choose them as your audibles or is it to give you some new plays? I was under the impression that i got new plays when i bought this.

I am definitly gonna use audibles from now on!!!!!
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 16:55

after alot of thinking i think i finally understand it. Correct me if im wrong, but it's like this: The playbook i bought have a number of plays in them. They have collected the best plays of madden 10 and explained how you can make them work very well for you. All you need to do is go in to Audibles and select five plays, five plays that is in the tamba bay offencive playbook, and learn them well. This way you will have plays that you KNOW are good, Is that right? Is that the purpose of the book?
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 18:16

maddo wrote:
after alot of thinking i think i finally understand it. Correct me if im wrong, but it's like this: The playbook i bought have a number of plays in them. They have collected the best plays of madden 10 and explained how you can make them work very well for you. All you need to do is go in to Audibles and select five plays, five plays that is in the tamba bay offencive playbook, and learn them well. This way you will have plays that you KNOW are good, Is that right? Is that the purpose of the book?

Yes this is correct. If you want to expand your playbook you can use a mini scheme. That is just calling plays out of one formation without using audibles. This way you can use all the plays in the Tampa Book.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 18:19

Quick explanation on how to do that?
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 18:47

Say you want to run first down. You can come out in running formation and play like Weak Pro Twins Toss Weak or the Strong Stretch. Say you want to pass second down you can stay in the same formation and pick a play like Weak Pro Twins Wr In.That way you've used the plays for the weak formation. Or if you wanted to pass second down you can use the 689 hook from Shotgun split slot that way you don't have to audible to Shotgun.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 19:20

hm, didn't understand much of that. Its like another language, but do you say that it is possible to make like your own playbook and choose from alle the plays in madden and make your own collection? Because that would be awesome..

I have another problem as well, i do find the plays, but i'm not able to execute them as the video shows, i really dont understand how to do it. There are just to many word i dont understand, like what is motion slot and how come when i smart route it doesent have an effect on anthing as i can see, and what does smart route mean? Really appreciating you taking the time to send me theese messages.
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 19:45

To motion highlight any reciever with the circle button and move the left stick right or left. Smart routeing makes routes smaller or bigger acording to where the first down marker is. For example you can make a 15yd post route a 10 yd slant route by smart routeing it(Triangle+recieversicon+press right stick in).This is good to beat man to man. Any other questions don't hesistate to ask.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 20:22

Ok cool, very cool, ill probably ask some more questions but for no i'm going to bed, it is 1:21 am where i live. If i have a question i assume you'll answer me here and that i dont have to open a new post for every question i have.
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-11, 20:24

Yes I'll answer you here.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 14:39

How do i use the audibles when i play? I mean, i know i have to press square, but how do i use it without picking a play from the playbook. Like, how do i cut the part that takes up all the time. It seems to me that i have to pick a play, and then use the audibles.

Also: I the tampa bay play book, am i supposed to do all the pre-snap adjustment that is written or do i choose one or two of them? (like the curl flats - shotgun)

Last edited by maddo on 2010-02-12, 16:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 15:41

what does formation and personnel mean. Like: Formation and personnel : Singleback Trio - Manual Switch 2nd WR with 4nd WR

All i know is that WR means Wide Reciever.. see, i'm learning Razz
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 15:53

How do i hot route someone (TE) on Deep in?
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:08

You use audibles when you want to take advantage of a certain defense like man to man or zone. Yes you do have to pick a play then audible that's the whole point. You have to do all the presnap adjustments for all plays. Reads means who you are going to throw to in the play. Formations are what the recievers look like when they are grouped together. Personel just means recievers, rbs, or te. You can switch your starting recievers through the depth chart menue when you pause the game or hit R1 before you pick your play.
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:16

To hot route you press triangle to bring up the hot route menue then you press the button of the reciever you want to highlight, next move the directional pad or right analog stick in a direction and it will give you a route. You can then smart route that route by pressing the hot route button, the recievers icon, and the right stick in. The menue on the right or left after you hit the hot route button shows you the routes.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:18

Thanks, i'm learining very much, but i am not able to use the ebook i bought, there is just to much i don't understand, how to cancel play action, or like this one: Motion WR on extreeme right of formation to right. Really all i understand here is WR and right. I dont know how to motion, i definetly dont know what they mean by EXTREEM right, i thought right was right, actually as i ask this question i get a feeling that extreem right is the position he already is in, and i need to change it to the right, but i have no clue on how to do that, so i'm still standing still. Don't mean to complain, but util i actually get a hang of theese plays i really feel that it was a mistake to buy this book.
Back to top Go down
maddo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:23

What is deep in?
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:28

To cancel play action just hot route your reciever to block. Extreeme right means motioning a reciever to the other side of the formation. You motion by pressing the circle button until the blue ring that is around your reciever is highlighted then you press left on the directional pad to motion him to the left and right on the directional pad to motion him to the left. Don't get discouraged stick with it this is a great book if you know how to use it. My suggestion is to keep it so when you get better you will be able to use it.
Back to top Go down
jmj25
New MS Member
New MS Member

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty2010-02-12, 16:30

Deep in is a route where the reciver runs up the field 10yds and and turns to the inside 10 yds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tampa bay ebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tampa bay ebook   Tampa bay ebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Tampa bay ebook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next