Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Vikings D Setup?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-08, 16:28

I use a 3-4 defense with Kevin Williams at LE Allen RE and Pat DT but two things I'm not 100% sure on is who to put in at 2nd MLB and more importantly I noticed Winfield is a 99 when at SS and the best I can do before that is Tyrell Johnson a 74 OVR but obv if I do that for CB I got Griffin who aint bad but then I got no options for a 2nd CB best I can do is Asher Allen who is 69 OVR I'm just wondering what you guys would advise if its worth losing a good CB for a great SS?

as a sidenote anyone else think that Pat Williams has been a lot more important and better than Kevin Williams and yet Pat is only a 91?
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-08, 22:03

I've been playing a fantasy draft and from what I've saw is that I would have have a good CB. I mean I have Lauranittis(SP?) as a MLB but I switched him to SS that gave him a huge boost. He still don't make those tremendous plays you need him to. I'd say stick to a good CB and manually play your safety.

In short, when I play, my line sucks. I can have 95+ 4 lineman and they still won't get to the QB. 3-4 all the way.
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-08, 23:22

i used to play with Vikes cuz they my team and this is how i would set it up if i was u:
RE: Allen
DT: Pat Williams
LE: Kevin Williams
LOLB: Tyrell Johnson
MLB: EJ Henderson
MLB: Greenway
ROLB: Jamarca Sanford
CB: Winfield
CB: Griffin
FS: Abdullah (hes a beast as long as u user him)
SS: Madieu Williams

iff u were to run 100% zone coverage, i would play Asher Allen over Griffin cuz hes faster and has better zone coverage rating.... good luck
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-09, 18:59

thanks for the tip Very Happy but what if you dont user abdullah how is he? cause usering the safety makes me nervous in this game to easy to get burned plus it don't seem right to not be using Ben Leber I was just wondering why you do the setup that way with the linebackers i do like the idea of having two beast MLB's but do secondary players play linebacker good in this game their has to be some difference?

does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-09, 19:44

Yeah, playing the safety or lb is the ONLY way to compete at a high level. You have to practice w the safety a lot
Back to top Go down
VinniePaz24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-10, 11:59

I wish I could user the saftey better but I can't but really if saftey is too much get good with your fastest Lb you should play a LB with lower AWR too as the comp is way better with Ray Lewis then Antwan Barnes using the Ravens as a example.
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-10, 13:30

yes, playing safety really is a key thing this year to be good, if u user Abdullah for a few games at FS, youll get the hang of it, remember to always strafe while u are watching for anyone coming into your zone then make a break to the ball.... and i like to put Sanford and Johnson at OLB cuz Vikings have no speed, and they cant catch, so u have 2 beast MLBs and then u have spped on the outside to stopp outside runs/tosses and stuff, and i get crazy picks with them at OLB especially when QB rolls out
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-10, 14:52

thats what i thought then I just put leber in as the replacement for all the LB's if any of them get hurt. so what if you notice someone getting open on your side of the field underneath your zone do you go for it or stay in your zone? im so bad at this game im tryin to improve lol like earlier i played someone who was the titans and obviously all they did was hb tosses which i mostly shutdown but those hb screens really piss me off like whenever i think its coming i usually pick de contain out of 3-4 and yet i was getting burned so bad i was usering the DT on the contains against the screen hoping the comp would do the job i dont understand why this didn't work not to mention i dont like devoting so much of my defense just to protecting against the screen and making myself weak everywhere else
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-11, 02:52

With the FS, i like to play as close to the line as possible with my zones, then back up when i see a player trying to get deeper than me, so if theres a post coming my way, ill back up and leave the in route alone and hope that another player can get over there and cover him.... on HB scrrens, its all about user covering, because man doesnt work quite as well on HB screens as it does on WR screens, especially with the Vikes... so if u play a guy that loves those HB screens, try and predict when he will do them and wut formation, and then i would user a LB and take him over there
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty2010-02-11, 18:34

A good thing to do is know your routes. If you know what your opponent is playing and your defense is playing zone, find your holes. I played the FS on a team and I would never get interceptions. But a good thing to study and work on is hitting him a few milliseconds before he gets the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vikings D Setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikings D Setup?   Vikings D Setup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vikings D Setup?
Page 1 of 1