Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I need some Defensive Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-27

I need some Defensive Help Empty
PostSubject: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:08

Hey, I'm new to the forums but it seems to me that everyone is really helpful. Well, I was wondering if anyone could help me bump up my defensive game. I can put up points on offense easily but it would be nice to get some help on the D so I dont need to play perfectly in a shootout and make my wins come a lot more easily. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps I need some Defensive Help Icon_biggrin

Oh and just some extra info..im a fan of the 4-3 and 4-4. I also use the saints.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:20

i think through time and interacting with people here you might have a change of heart alot of people on here like the NYJ playbook and the NE playbook for various reasons so keep that in mind ive heard real good things about the 46 as well the ebook might be your answer to that, that being said ima 4-3 baller! lol i run the 4-4 as well! what part of your defensive game are you having the most trouble with maybe if we can refine and target the areas your weak in we can help ya a lil bit more, like are you getting beat through the air? on the ground? just let me know and ill do my best to help!
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:22

i get beat on the ground if they constantly run ill let up a big play but the ground isnt really my trouble..its more the air..its killing me
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:25

whats your base D? or the play you call when they come out in passing situations?
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:26

mostly cover 3 or 2 man under..i also like the 4-4 cover 2 but that kills me haha
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:31

the problem might be in the formations your running. the 4-4 is light against the pass (only 3 DBs) but its a good run D and the 4-3 has fewer LB thus less people in coverage. the 3-4 might be a good switch or if you can learn the use the 46.

like BRB said alot of people are on the jets book but my sugestion to you would be to use the Multiple playbook on D. you can keep some 4-3 and add a little 46 and 3-4. the only thing you would really give up is the 4-4

maybe you should check that out
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:34

when i try to use the 3-4 i cant figure out a good way to get pressure on the QB and stop runs with it too well.. i never really tried out the 46
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:39

if you really like the 4-4 and wanna stick with it i audible down from dollar to get the right amount of DB's on the field to counter act 3+ reciever sets, just put your 4th CB at SS in the dollar formation and when you audible you'll have 5 CB's your single high saftey, your middle backer and your OLB at DE. lol but i think maybe multiple D playbook can be good for you like crazy said cuz you could keep some 4-3 stuff but would have good coverage with the 3-4, then if you like the 3-4 you can covert to a book like NYJ or NE. lol
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:41

ill try it out..i read a lot about this NE playbook..why is it so special??

btw if any of you are up to play right now let me know
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:43

i think alot of people are diggin the 1-5-5 prowl cuz everyone is moving around no one has there hand on the ground so you can produce great heat and your opponent will have a hard time figuring out where its comming from cuz everyone is moving. lol
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:44

it doesnt have anything 4-3 or 46 (its a 3-4 book) but it has the 1-5-5 prowl. i play i like to run is cover 3 and blitz the flats. you rush 5 so you can get some good pressure without using a nano and still have 3 yellows and play 3 deep so its hard to get beat over the top
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:47

im not stuck on the 4-3 or 4-4 or anything..im willing to change if I get some good tips for anything else..the NE playbook sounds cool..any other plays I should try out?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:49

not any plays in particular but mess with the flat zones a little bit on any zone play. it can give you some different looks and give you a better rush or better coverage depending on what you do with them
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 05:50

okay sounds cool..ill have to try it out..you on xbox 360?
Back to top Go down
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 06:06

you got some good help there ^ But if im honest and you rle rle want to improve your defense and your willing to spend a few dollars then buy the 46 ebook, it will 100% improve your defense, myt defense is sorted now i got the ebook, just my offense is a complete fail Sad
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 06:27

try to look for the free ebooks on here..i think there is an eagles one its pretty helpful
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 06:40

yea, all the 155 and 155 prowl stuff

try different plays out of the 245.. personally i love that formation and get absolutely dirty heat from it, but it all depends on your team... from the 155 formatons, try cover 2 or 3 and universally blitz all the LBs, itll give you great heat and decent coverage... and if you change the cover play, it changes where the coverage is at but keeps the same crazy bliitz

good luck
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty2010-01-30, 13:16

i tried using a bunch of different stuff that everybody recommended but i cant get the hang or understand how to use them..if anyone wants to help me out in a lab add my GT for later on tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some Defensive Help   I need some Defensive Help Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some Defensive Help
Page 1 of 1