Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Buddy's Ravens setup

Go down 
+3
Skane3
ticklemeelmo
irishCoffee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Buddy's Ravens setup Empty
PostSubject: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 03:15

Me and my bro were hittin' Madden for a bit. We both like the Ravens in madden, he specifically likes a speedy offense. So he tweeked and just messed around with the Ravens depth chart. He actually got something that really shouldn't work as well as it does. And this is it.

QB: Troy Smith
HB: Ray Rice, Willis McGahee
FB: Le'Ron McClain
WR: Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Ladarius Webb, Fabian Washington
TE: Todd Heap, LJ Smith

Of course outside of the WR's and QB this is a usual setup. Like I said before he prefers a speedy Offense and he loves mobile QB's. Flacco was pretty good before all the updates and now he's still pretty decent over throws more often but still decent. Troy Smith doesn't have the arm Flacco has but plays very nicely despite his ratings.
These are a couple of they're ratings:

Flacco: SPD 69, AGI 67, ACC 65, AWR 77, ELU 53, THP 97, SAC 87, MAC 80, DAC 79, RUN 74
Smith: SPD 82, AGI 88, ACC 86, AWR 61, ELU 72, THP 83, SAC 68, MAC 65, DAC 49, RUN 73

One could say Flacco is the better choice here. But truth be told Smith isnt all to bad and it certainly fits his gameplan which makes it perfectly fine.

But what got me is that he takes Webb and Washington and puts them at WR. Mostly for the speed that the Ravens lack on Offense outside of the RBs. Webb and Washington are at a 48 and 38 Overall at WR, but the play much better than their ovr suggests (as with most players in Madden).
I've tried it myself and its not too bad. Webb and Washington didn't really drop any passes and Smith plays like as lesser VY. If you're the kind of person that enjoys medium passes to speedy receivers then this isn't all to bad especially if you enjoy SG formations.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 07:45

after reading this im considering moving one of those speedy 90+ cbs over to wr. just cause i love speedy recievers. mason is great though his catch in traffic is sick and he never really drops balls but itd be great to finally have some speed at reciever again..
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 11:14

CB @ WR's arent effectives as it was in 09.it can be easily shutdwn by playin man d.. dey cant cath in traffic,beat press or route run..sum CB's can like SEam smith,cromatie,bailley but come on lol.and Troy Smith as yur starter is not a wise choice..he weak at passin..

Last edited by Skane3 on 2010-01-30, 11:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 11:15

i run the Ravens exclusively. i understand the "speed" factor...however....Mason, Clayton, Washington and Williams along with Todd Heap can get the job done in the areial attack w/o bringing a defensive player to the offense and risking injury that will hurt your defensive play. Mason and Clayton are the BEST wrs on the team with their catching and route running. but they are small sitting at 5'10. so are Webb and F Washington even w/their 93 and 98 speed ratings.

now...although their slower, K Washington is 6'3, Williams is 6'2, Todd Heap is 6'5 and L.J. Smith is 6-3 and these cats can make plays and even RC (rocket catch). Mason, Clayton and Heap are the best route runners, therefore a nice "West Coast" style of play (QB 3-5 step drop and release w/short, quick and intermediate passing routes; i.e. drags, slants, ins, outs and curls etc.) is extremely hard to defend against the Ravens. check it:

Flacco's ratings are better for this type of play:

thp-97, sac-87, mac-80, dac-79

Flacco "overthrows" receivers cause his DEEP THROW ACCURACY (DAC) is weak...therefore....i only throw deep occassionally when i know the receiver is wide open. lol!

Smith's ratings are:

thp-83, sac-68, mac-65, dac-49

Troy's speed rating of 82 means he must play somehow. so, i package him in on the 5 Wide and run him on the QB Draw...or in the Goal Line and run the QB Sneak. just my 2 cents!

Last edited by Militant X 1 on 2010-01-30, 11:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 11:27

In online fran I always get Chris Gamble from Ohio State and play him both ways like he did at Ohio State Buddy's Ravens setup 478291
Back to top Go down
VinniePaz24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 11:32

I use a pretty basic set up with the Ravens on offense who I have been using recently. I change up their D to fit 46 and max speed. Having decent fast corners playing wideout would be exploited by good players imo, and Fabian Washington blitzs a ton in my d scheme making him constantly tired and Webb is starter so I am going to leave them playing one side of the ball.

QB Flacco, Smith subbed in sometimes when my o isn't moving the ball
HB Rice, McGahee
FB McClain
WR Mason, Williams, Clayton, Heap, Washington
TE Heap, Smith, Cousins OT
OL Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yando, Oher
Back to top Go down
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 18:44

Webb and Washington do have some problems yea. But they're really not that bad. Webb in the slot is pretty effective for a CB @ WR. He gets open and actually can catch in traffic although given he's no WR. And Washington is a pretty darn good deep threat. I use Flacco but Troy Smith isn't really half bad. You can read the stats and can come to the conclusion he can't throw but he's a pretty good play maker.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 20:16

my problem isnt with what they do on offense its how they'll respond and play on D they'll be tired and more prone to injury essentially undercutting your D. lol
Back to top Go down
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-30, 22:27

I feel you. I mean like said above Fabian Washington does play a part in my blitzing. So I don't run this setup because of this. But hey, I really can't say it didn't work
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-31, 04:41

im sure thered be a way to utilize there speed and make it not effect the d like if you run a wr screen like once a game throw them in for that speed or something. idk though im not much of a screen person i use maybe one screen a game outa my bunch scheme and rarely even do that. but thats a hb screen ive never been big on wr screens, just an idea.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty2010-01-31, 04:47

yeah i agree if fabian washington and webb had certain packages and plays they came on for that wouldnt be a problem, its when they start both ways that you'll have problems. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buddy's Ravens setup   Buddy's Ravens setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Buddy's Ravens setup
Page 1 of 1