Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

My personnel package philosophy.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

My personnel package philosophy. Empty
PostSubject: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-01-29, 04:42

Many people in Madden believe that giving your opponent the same look or same few looks all of the time keeps their opponents off balance.

Well, I've taken that philosophy and applied it to many of my depth charts.

What I mean is I try to use the exact same personnel, no matter what formation I'm using. How do I accomplish this? I find a backup running back with a WR rating above 60, and make him my #3 WR.

Now, let's say I call a play from Snug Flips and use the TE Slot package. My opponent sees 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE.

Furthermore, if you really want to get frisky...put your TE as the #4 WR. Now you can have the 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE look in a 4 WR formation, and use the strong slots package. If your opponent sees that package, but you've called a play from Snug Flips with the Strong Slots package, there's a pretty good chance you can get your strongest WRs matched up on linebackers.

Likewise, this philosophy can also make your opponent think twice about using their base defense, allowing you to soften the opponent up for the run even further. This is especially helpful if you're a run heavy guy like myself. Once I've shown my opponent that may spread the field with my base personnel...and that I'm going to give him a billion different looks with that same base personnel, he'll think twice before trying to key on any one aspect of my offense.

Just a helpful hint for someone who might be new to Madden.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-01-29, 04:50

I'll give an example of this with my San Diego depth chart.

Darren Sproles is my backup running back, but he's also my #3 WR. Antonio Gates is my #4 WR as well as my starting TE.

When I come out in Snug Flips with the strong slots package, Sproles and Gates are on the outside...likely defended by corner, while Vincent Jackson is matched up with a linebacker or maybe a safety in the slot.

The ability to do this creates doubt in the mind of your opponent when they're deciding on their next defensive play call. You're always giving them the same personnel set to look at.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-01-29, 04:51

this is a great idea! im gonna look into it! thanks ash!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-01-29, 04:55

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
this is a great idea! im gonna look into it! thanks ash!

If your offense is pass heavy, this won't really benefit you.

However, if your offense is run heavy or very balanced, it can benefit you greatly.

I came up with this idea about 6 weeks ago, and have been utilizing it ever since.

I believe it can create matchup nightmares for even some of the best opponents. You just have to be willing to look past the WR ratings for those players, and look more at the actual on the field impact it can make.

It's not much different than putting a SS at LB on defense really. I'm just utilizing that thought process on the offensive side of the ball.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-02-03, 03:41

Teams that I've found this philosophy works best with...

Carolina
New Orleans
San Diego
Dallas
Indianapolis
Baltimore(McGahee starts for me.)

But it'll work with any team that has a good receiving HB as a backup, and a TE with a decent WR rating(60+).
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-02-03, 19:50

I do the same thing with ATL. I have Gonzo at my 3rd WR and 2nd TE....And I got Norwood at my 4th WR..

I would say if u got a good TE recieving wise. You need 2 put him at 3rd WR depending on how good your 3rd WR is....... The run blocking that he gives me is unreal
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty2010-02-03, 19:53

WFColonel56 wrote:
I do the same thing with ATL. I have Gonzo at my 3rd WR and 2nd TE....And I got Norwood at my 4th WR..

I would say if u got a good TE recieving wise. You need 2 put him at 3rd WR depending on how good your 3rd WR is....... The run blocking that he gives me is unreal

I use the TE as the #4 WR, because I still want him to be able to start at TE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My personnel package philosophy.   My personnel package philosophy. Empty

Back to top Go down

My personnel package philosophy.
Page 1 of 1