Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pressure > Coverage

Go down 
+6
B-__-R-__-B
ticklemeelmo
XxDaMySteRyxX
janfuso
I OWn You
Ant1010 I Play Wii
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Pressure > Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-16, 13:34

When playing your first few drives, you always want to send pressure, every down you want to send pressure. I don't care if it's 20 plays strait, send 5 or more. It will help you in the long run, because if they're running the ball, use run blitzes. Then when they pass, it forces quick throws. Once you see where the quick throws are targeted take them away one by one, while still maintaining your 5 man rush. You also get to see how your opponent handles your blitzes. Does he fold? Does he call screens left and right? Does he try and run draws and delays to beat them. You pick up on a lot of players tendencies with early blitzing. Then once you feel like they're letting up or just praying for the quick pass. Throw in some Cover 2 and Cover 3 and get your pick. Soon after you while you don't even have to blitz, it's all about illusion. The player is so used to not having time, he'll throw it fast anyway. Pressure burst pipes and the QB can't throw the ball from his ass, so put him on it. If you believe in your offense, you can take must more risk on defense. Master your offense and your defense will follow, trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-16, 13:54

thanks ant i knew most of this but its sure to help alot of our new members.
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 03:02

Works the other way though also. If you run alot of coverage and are good at it you can then mix in the blitzes and knock them out. Thats more of my approach then blitz blitz blitz. like i said works either way.
Back to top Go down
XxDaMySteRyxX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 04:10

True like when I run zone it's designed to wrk wonders aslongs as my blitz screams in but if the blitz fails it's a matter of my opponents vision on who's open.
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 04:30

im more conservative and i usually lean more towards big coverage to blitz, though i disagree that it works both ways. because its a different result with heavy coverage and then a random blitz the best result is most likely a sack for a few yard loss or something. with the blitz heavy and then random tons of coverage odds are your gonna come away with a pick, which is way more game changing than a sack.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 04:35

i like to get a feel for my opponent before i start pullin out any heavy blitzes cuz i dont wanna get burned early and have to play catch up the wole game. i mean if it works for you to blitz heavily in the beginning of the game then by all means do it. i think you should find the way you like to do wether it be sitting back, getting to know your opponents tendancies or blitzing heavily to try and see how he responds, i think it can go both ways but i also think play calling and the type of player you are factor in as well.
Back to top Go down
XxDaMySteRyxX
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 04:37

True day but irun A 335 out the nickle n dats my base then a 34 but usually I throw a 46 in on goal line or red zone because ain't no runs for 5+ on wat I do lol.
Back to top Go down
XxDaMySteRyxX
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 04:40

It's better to user a MLB if u perfect dat part u will improve on D.
Back to top Go down
chaoticbuc3125
New MS Member
New MS Member
chaoticbuc3125

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 15:01

attack attack attack and mix in zone blitz's..

People definitely show there hand more often than not
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-17, 16:32

Blitz, blitz, blitz doesn't even result in as any big plays offensively if you think. 6 guys in coverage isn't bad if you're sending 5. Just play a 3 man under with 3 man under with 4 guys rushing.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
hhh1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-18, 06:42

I blitz 68% of the time. You will give up a big play but get big plays if you blitz.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-18, 06:57

pressure busts pipes and coverage does you no good if you cant get to the QB somehow. it doesnt matter, a WR will get open if the QB has time so my idea is simple here...dont give him any time lol
Back to top Go down
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty2010-01-18, 07:01

i read the first couple of sentences and would have to agree.

i am relatively noobish at this game, although i've been the steelers the last 3 games and won (although they're my level), but some guy with a better record and more exp. than me choose to play the 93 saints against my 85 steelers, i blitzed him every down one drive to go 3 and out, then, from his goal line i blitzed and forced a troy pick for a TD, so yes, it's quite effective.

the hard thing is stopping blitzing because he'll soon adjust like my guy did, it was 14-14 until late in the forth, almost got a safety, he ran it all the way for a TD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pressure > Coverage   Pressure > Coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

Pressure > Coverage
Page 1 of 1