Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?

Go down 
+6
Th3 Ac3r
D_Cash
CookieMonsta
so much swag
ohboykjoy
arz9278
10 posters
AuthorMessage
arz9278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty
PostSubject: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-09, 17:37

I played a couple games with the cowboys in Franchise mode and found that felix jones has a higher avg ypc than marion barber. Should i start him from now on or marion?
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-09, 18:17

If your playing CPU probably Jones because the defense doesn't really adjust to run calls other than blitzing more guys. Just make sure to bring in Barber when he's tired.

But if you're playing a person, I would start Barber, but split carries often. People are so afraid of the big play that they will blitz the outside, and you can run in between the tackles for consistent good yardage. Then you can bring in Jones and do the outside runs, or just keep running inside if they do not adjust.

Basically just split carries with them but use Jones more vs CPU and Barber more vs players.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-10, 02:29

start jone's put barber at fb..your running game will be sick if you do it right,
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-10, 12:32

Depends on what kind of running game you use. I would put Barber at FB and Jones at HB, use sweeps and tosses and then mix in FB runs up the middle. Sometimes though, I put in Barber as my HB when I want to run HB Blast or even counters and off-tackles.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-10, 14:51

It depends on how you like to run, if you like to run outside on tosses use Felix Jones. If you pound the ball use Marion Barber.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-10, 15:05

Just use Barber for dives and blasts,and use Jones for tosses and sweeps
Back to top Go down
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-11, 00:58

barber is horrible

start jones.
Back to top Go down
iAMmadden2010
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-12, 18:46

s*** it really dont matter matter because you should be splitting the carries with them anyways.......but i like to start marion he can break 2 or 3 tackles a play..sofin up the d with him then take it to the house with felix.
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-12, 18:50

I like to soften the D with Barber up the Middle, use PA. Once they start to bring more players in the box bounce it outside w Felix. On a screen FELIX ALL DAY.
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-12, 18:51

my bad yo, iAMmadden2010 pretty much said the same thing... scratch
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-12, 19:56

Split the carries, but damn, I been using Jones more as the main back, wtf he breaks tackles like nothing sometimes... I run him up the gut now with more confidence.
Back to top Go down
arz9278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-12, 21:51

s0liddy wrote:
Split the carries, but damn, I been using Jones more as the main back, wtf he breaks tackles like nothing sometimes... I run him up the gut now with more confidence.

Ya i know he seems to break tackles more than barber haha. Must be the elusiveness.
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty2010-01-13, 12:46

i agree Jones will break tackles but Barber up the middle helps control the clock, and makes your opponet tend to start blitizing more to the middle and after that PA is money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?   Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones? Empty

Back to top Go down

Start Marion Barber or Felix Jones?
Page 1 of 1