Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stoppin That Cheez Play Action

Go down 
+9
Ace2k7
NO LUN@T1K
Oldstalecheetos
Th3 Ac3r
jd7680
MiamiXCanes
GREENERRRR
Crunk
Str8 No Cheez
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Str8 No Cheez
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty
PostSubject: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-19, 16:46

What are some good plays to stop that Play action where they hit the tight end or an open reciver 80 % of the time, that s*** kills a few good d stops... Thanks boys
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-19, 17:08

It depends on what team your playing and how fast a TE is. If someone runs a lot of playaction on me I will switch to zone blitz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Str8 No Cheez
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-19, 17:17

Thanks CRUNK been seein it alot wit da Boyz and Igglez... I run with the Broncos and I unno whats been up they always open
Back to top Go down
GREENERRRR
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 19:34

not sure what u mean about CHZ - all playaction is more effective - when the offensive team can run the ball effectively - stop the run - Playaction is less effective - try to us a player in that zone - peaer playactionand look for the tight end running the rouite u have a problem defending
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 19:37

cover 2. or blitz the side the TE is on. if he is running a deley blue route the the blitz to the side will keep him in blocking
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 19:41

The best way to stop PA is to stop the run
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 19:41

user cover the tight end and hot route some people into zones where he keeps hitting that other wide receiver
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 22:54

stopping the run really dosent help... ive had many games where ive held my opponents to negative yards, and on 3rd and long, everyone bites... its garbage and needs to be fixed, however you can try hilighting a WR or TE, i find that helps a lot... i get a lot of picks off of witten, gates and clark from this....
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-27, 22:56

try a cover 2 with purple zones out of the 3-4 and spread your line backers and spotlight the TE see if that stops it
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 18:42

if u can stop the run and if u control the outside linebacker or lineman u could catch the qb after he fake hands it off to the running back
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 19:11

have you tried the cover 2 Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Icon_question
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 19:30

Corner blitzes like from the 3-3-5 for instance give me a lot of picks from play action plays or sacks when they try to pass to the TE or a receiver.

If you if your opponent is just hitting an HB or FBgoing to the flats, I don't see the picks happening there of course, but that's for less yardage anyways so it's not that much of a concern if you've got flatzones going on.

Lab up corner blitzes for PA plays and see if that helps as well as the other suggestions
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 19:32

yeah corner blitzes would work to just make sure you have someone in a purple zone
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 21:12

User blitz.If the O-lineman moves b4 the QB its a PA Pass. I use my End and loop around the Tackle.
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 21:14

I liked something someone else mentioned, that if the TE comes off the line for a pass its PA whereas if it was a run they would be in blocking...
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 21:35

Just never play man if they keep doing PA..Either Nano or drop into a heavy zone,because all they need is one time for you to run Cover 1/Cover 2 Man and if they run a PA Boot or PA Centre Waggle its oveeeeer
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2009-12-28, 21:44

PA is shiit unless u cant stop the run.I think the higher your LB's AWR ratings too,the less dey be fooled.idk for sure though.but if u ply man,yur askin for a PA lol.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty2010-01-01, 01:41

jd7680 wrote:
The best way to stop PA is to stop the run

DAMN RIGHT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoppin That Cheez Play Action   Stoppin That Cheez Play Action Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoppin That Cheez Play Action
Page 1 of 1