Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Chargers

Go down 
+2
ohboykjoy
Celtic_Shield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-16, 20:18

So after over a hundred games of using my beloved cowboys, I decided to switch to the chargers. I lost seven of my past ten games by a td or less with dallas, that is what lead to the switch. I played 3 games w/ sd, and won all of them, gaining 200 rushing yards in all 3 games. I have been using the basic depth chart, just wondering if i should make any changes to it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-16, 21:10

Put castillo as second DT so that when you come out in dime you can run Lb pass rush and have a nasty line (meeriman-99, Castillo-96 Williams-91 Phillips-99).

Put Gates as your 4th receiver.

Sproles is good at returning.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-16, 21:20

Does this streak begin in december? Because it really looks like what happens in the real NFL lol.

I don't really know the Chargers. However, I know that Cromartie is like 95 speed with 98 jumping and I guess that if you user a lot, you should put him at FS.
Back to top Go down
HeadHoncho32
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-20, 08:44

Good thread. There should be a freepost for every teams setup

I have a falcons setup that is great for blitz or plays you know your dt would get there if he's fast.
John Abraham at dt works great. A lot more but I'm on my iPhone, I'll post more when I get on the computer
Back to top Go down
http://uptowns.net/community
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-20, 16:05

Sun wrote:
Does this streak begin in december? Because it really looks like what happens in the real NFL lol.

I don't really know the Chargers. However, I know that Cromartie is like 95 speed with 98 jumping and I guess that if you user a lot, you should put him at FS.

lol my streak did start in dec. I used the chargers for 5 games. Won them all, but switched back to dallas. I switched both my offense and defense scheme after a lot of practice and I'm back on track.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-20, 16:52

ohboykjoy wrote:
Put castillo as second DT so that when you come out in dime you can run Lb pass rush and have a nasty line (meeriman-99, Castillo-96 Williams-91 Phillips-99).

not only this, but put paul oliver (FS) as the 4th corner, and steve gregory (ss) as the 5th corner. and when you come out in nickel and dime, substitute steve gregory in at strong safety for kevin ellison. btw, leave cromartie at CB because eric weddle is fine at the FS and ellison and gregory are a decent combination of speed and size.

start brandon siler at MLB. Use Burnett for passing downs.

rotate Larry English(olb) with phillips and merriman.
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-20, 23:43

I found that when you keep the corners the same and put Cason 78 at fS and Weddle 84 at SS you get the highest ratings at each position. other wise ellison is a 73. Cromartie is #1 corner and Jammer is #2.
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-20, 23:46

ROLB Merriman LOLB Cooper MLB Phillips And Applewhite (82 speed is only reason). Castillo and English DE and Williams in the middle. Great Idea to put castillo at 2nd DT because that dime package with LB pass rush is really good.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-21, 12:14

janfuso wrote:
ROLB Merriman LOLB Cooper MLB Phillips And Applewhite (82 speed is only reason). Castillo and English DE and Williams in the middle. Great Idea to put castillo at 2nd DT because that dime package with LB pass rush is really good.

if you're using a 3-4 defense with SD, which is what i suggest, then please dont do what he just said
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-21, 15:14

I have found it's best to keep Weddle and Ellison at the safeties because they are both great tacklers and read plays really well, and Weddle does come up with quite a few picks.

I like the keep the corners where they are at, because Cason and Cromartie aren't great tacklers, and I'd rather have a good tackler at safety. They're also great defenders and Cro still comes up with picks at CB.
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-21, 16:57

DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
janfuso wrote:

if you're using a 3-4 defense with SD, which is what i suggest, then please dont do what he just said

Ok well what i said was strictly for 3-4 defense. It is a great setup. my record is 200-76. english rated better on line than LB and hes not that fast. Castillo and williams are self explained. Merriman phillips and applewhite are all fast being over 82 speed for each of them ( good to have fast LBs) and cooper is still one of the best LBs and hes goo coverage LB. So why is this not a good set up for 3-4?
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-21, 16:59

ohboykjoy wrote:
I have found it's best to keep Weddle and Ellison at the safeties because they are both great tacklers and read plays really well, and Weddle does come up with quite a few picks.

I like the keep the corners where they are at, because Cason and Cromartie aren't great tacklers, and I'd rather have a good tackler at safety. They're also great defenders and Cro still comes up with picks at CB.

Cason at safety comes up with more picks then weddle At safety and Cromartie at CB. You prob never tried it so dont bash it.He is rated 78 at safety while ellison is rated 73. hmm whats the better option?
Back to top Go down
janfuso
New MS Member
New MS Member

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty2009-12-21, 17:04

DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
ohboykjoy wrote:

not only this, but put paul oliver (FS) as the 4th corner, and steve gregory (ss) as the 5th corner. and when you come out in nickel and dime, substitute steve gregory in at strong safety for kevin ellison. btw, leave cromartie at CB because eric weddle is fine at the FS and ellison and gregory are a decent combination of speed and size.

start brandon siler at MLB. Use Burnett for passing downs.

rotate Larry English(olb) with phillips and merriman.

Ok brandon siler is rated terrible and has no speed at all. also why would you would have larry english be a back up LB when he is the best Lineman behind castillo and Williams. Get english on the field starting over the terrible LE that they currently have. And if you put your safeties as corners which is a poor idea you will have shitty man coverage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chargers   Chargers Empty

Back to top Go down

Chargers
Page 1 of 1