Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

raiders sign jp losman

Go down 
+6
Ketcham While They're Hot
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Crunk
TheDon270
THiZzLeWiZzLe
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

raiders sign jp losman Empty
PostSubject: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 06:39

Former Buffalo Bills quarterback and first-round draft pick J.P. Losman used the United Football League to showcase his talents and try to get back into the NFL. His mission was rewarded Tuesday when he agreed to a contract with the Oakland Raiders.
With Bruce Gradkowski injured with two damaged MCL knee ligaments, Al Davis was looking for an experienced veteran who could help them during the final three weeks of the season. Losman was a natural choice because of his strong arm and how he started to reshape his career in the UFL.
Former New York Giants head coach Jim Fassel worked with Losman this fall during what turned out to be a UFL championship season for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Fassel constantly worked with Losman in practices and during games trying to improve on his techniques and throwing style. A strong-armed quarterback, Losman took to the coaching and played some of the best football of his young career.
Losman flew to Oakland on Tuesday after being contacted by the Raiders on Monday and was offered a contract Tuesday afternoon after taking a physical. Tom Cable now has Losman, JaMarcus Russell and Charlie Frye healthy and available for action during the final three weeks.

i dont know what this means for russell but i hope this is a sign that davis has seen enough of japorkus.
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 14:37

lol goooooooood any1 but russell! Frye is the starter supposedly
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 14:37

well, thats cool that losman got signed, but i don't think he is the future of the raiders...and jamarcus ain't close to it either....gradowski has a shot to be the qb of the future, but i don't think he is the long term solution...hopefully i'm wrong about gradowski and he kicks ass the rest of his time with oakland...oakland needs to focus on the d-line and draft suh.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 16:02

TheDon270 wrote:
well, thats cool that losman got signed, but i don't think he is the future of the raiders...and jamarcus ain't close to it either....gradowski has a shot to be the qb of the future, but i don't think he is the long term solution...hopefully i'm wrong about gradowski and he kicks ass the rest of his time with oakland...oakland needs to focus on the d-line and draft suh.
Suh will be the first pick of the draft. Hopefully we can draft McCoy or Bradford.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 16:02

CRUNK wrote:
TheDon270 wrote:
Suh will be the first pick of the draft. Juse hope for McCoy or Bradford.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 16:05

i dont see the raiders going anywhere in the next couple years, i say they will win 3 or 4 next year jsut like every other year haha
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 17:37

oakland cant develop a qb so drafting one would be a big mistake. we need to fix that d-line and the o-line. get that moron green off of the field. we also need a mlb because captain kirk cant get it done when it comes to stoping the run. morrison and howard on the outside with a physical mlb.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 18:29

itz unr3al wrote: i dont see the raiders going anywhere in the next couple years, i say they will win 3 or 4 next year jsut like every other year haha

haha...sounds like you have some hate for the raiders...well, you can try to bring up about how your falcons are so much better or whatever, but the raider's franchise is one of the most successful in the NFL. and they will bounce back in due time...so what if the raiders have had 7 bad seasons....how many bad season's did your team have?? i know more then 7....
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 18:34

CRUNK wrote: Suh will be the first pick of the draft. Hopefully we can draft McCoy or Bradford.

Thats a huge possibility that Suh will be off the board, but the d-line sure can use him.....I don't mind Bradford or McCoy, I'm a little weary because I don't know if these guys can make the transistion from the spread to the raider's style of offense....Or maybe we should run the spread...I don't know man..I'm just tired of these bad years the team is having. They need to get it together soon...
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 19:16

At the moment, I think Gradkowski is the man for the job once he is healthy again. Like Don said, he might not be the QB of the future, but he is definitely the short-term solution. With him at the helm, they tasted some success, so I don't see why he won't get a shot at the starting job come next season.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-16, 21:56

Im a huge Cowboys fan but I would love to see the Raiders get back in the picture. I always enjoyed watching them do good.
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-17, 02:51

Losman could be good and I like the talent on the Raiders team, but that organization is corrupt and they do not know how to develop their talent. I would say that's unfortunate, but with me being a Chargers fan.... Smile
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-17, 12:26

TheDon270 wrote:
itz unr3al wrote: i dont see the raiders going anywhere in the next couple years, i say they will win 3 or 4 next year jsut like every other year haha

haha...sounds like you have some hate for the raiders...well, you can try to bring up about how your falcons are so much better or whatever, but the raider's franchise is one of the most successful in the NFL. and they will bounce back in due time...so what if the raiders have had 7 bad seasons....how many bad season's did your team have?? i know more then 7....

dude i dont care about the past..im talking about the present...i dont hve anything against the raiders..there just horrible and it shows the falcons would stomp them even without turner and ryan
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-18, 21:32

why cant gradko be the qb of the future hes 26......
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-18, 21:40

yeah or they can draft another qb like tony pike
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-19, 17:04

THiZzLeWiZzLe wrote:
why cant gradko be the qb of the future hes 26......
i think he can and will be, but what do i know im no expert like the sports analyist claim to be. oakland cant grab a 1st rd qb b/c they have shown they cant develop onoe, ie marc wilson, tod meranovich, and now japrokus russell.

Last edited by Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ on 2009-12-19, 17:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 4)
Back to top Go down
the joker 260
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
the joker 260

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty2009-12-19, 17:14

I hope jp and frye do good for the raiders ive been waiting besides my colts to see my raiders in the playoffs and get some respect in the league.Russell doesnt need to play another game for us until he gets theat accuracy right lose some wait so he can get out of the pocket and stop gettin sacks.
Al davis needs to stop worrying all about speed and get the players that will actually develop and have a great career.Look at heyward-bey hes not bad and i like him but he barely gets the ball and he was chosen over crabtree and hasnt done jack.Crabtree signed late and still is doing better than him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/coltsammy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: raiders sign jp losman   raiders sign jp losman Empty

Back to top Go down

raiders sign jp losman
Page 1 of 1