Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Why is the O section get more posts then the D?

Go down 
+7
AshBlackstone
Sun
Mcnair2Wycheck
iGotBeast$wag13
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
so much swag
MiamiXCanes
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty
PostSubject: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 16:17

D will win games for you. maybe you all should check that side of it a little more. nothing better then taking somebody out of there game and holding them to 6 points Why is the O section get more posts then the D? 584266
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 17:51

good point..but if you can score alot..your D.will be more easy to run.
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 17:58

Madden is an offensive game. Nuff said.

And its a lot easier to play. Just sayin.

But as you said, its a lot better to have a great D than a great O.
and not many people got a great D.

Plus if you look at people's recent games (on average) its usually gonna be pretty high scoring.

Plus most people find offense funner to play and people just have to have a great offense and make a couple plays on D and your set. (cheesy turnovers help out this year) lol
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 18:01

nice post bus!!!!!! Why is the O section get more posts then the D? 993453
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 18:44

Thanks.....? lol Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Suspect
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 18:47

[in real life] Offense is more sexy, and in madden it's the same way. Plus it takes more strategy and skill to ply O
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 19:15

Nah i'd say it takes more Skill to play D

Its easy to play O, just get 2-3 plays that are nice and you got a scheme.

Even shitty players can have good O, (example: Dbls wing TE scheme- Slot screen hb direct snap and that play with your WR crossing) effective and tough to stop, and takes no skill at all to run it.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 19:18

good point... but idk the world just takes "offense" to be more sexy
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 19:29

Yeah i agree totally with you there.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 20:30

I've wondered the same thing, I treat both phases equally.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 20:34

I think there's more posts in the O section because it's way easier to figure out your O weaknesses than your D weak spots, unless you get over abused with something special by the opponent's O.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 21:14

Maybe because i played D in high school, i dont know. but a pick 6 is much better then an 80 yard TD throw. when your D can make stops a regular basis, and your D can score points you can be nearly unbeatable with a halfway decent O
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-14, 22:00

crazyblack001 wrote:
hen your D can make stops a regular basis, and your D can score points you can be nearly unbeatable with a halfway decent O

Totally true. Good Ds are quite rare in Madden nowadays, they make the real difference. After all, you can't win if you can't score, right?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 04:27

the great part about having a good D (the best part of my game) is that getting into shootouts is alot harder with me (or anybody else that has a great D). then if i make one or two stops, and you were expecting to score alot. then what?? your D is slacking so you cant get the stops you need to start a comeback

i have more faith in my D to stop an 50 yard drive for a game winning FG, then for my O to drive 50 yards for a game winning FG
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 05:18

I agree. Defense is more difficult to build, but I'm always working on it...I add a new wrinkle every couple of days.

It's not where I want it just yet, but my defense is better than my opponent's the vast majority of the time.

However, I don't look for turnovers as much as you do. I believe in sound, fundamental defense.

I take pride in forcing 3 and outs.

However, my red zone defense is probably my best skill in this game. My defense stiffens often once you do get inside the 20.

A game I played earlier today is a prime example of the importance of red zone defense. My opponent moved the ball at will between the 20s in the first half. But every time he got into my red zone, my defense stiffened. I led 10-9 at the half. My opponent got frustrated, and I went on to win 37-9.

Last edited by AshBlackstone on 2009-12-15, 05:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 05:40

i had a game like that too. i ended up winning 38-9 without scoring a single TD on O. my D forced turnovers and turned them into points.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 13:30

sorry black but the LADIE'S love offense..and i know i play'ed both side's the b!tch'es love when you score and point to the crowd like you play for the U.the best team in football. the U.baby.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 15:41

so much swag wrote:
sorry black but the LADIE'S love offense..and i know i play'ed both side's the b!tch'es love when you score and point to the crowd like you play for the U.the best team in football. the U.baby.

I won't lie, it's fun to light it up on offense.

However, I stick with the time tested theory that wins at every level of football.

Being able to run the football, and playing great defense is what wins.

Of course, I'm also a big fanatic when it comes to the forgotten part of Madden: Special Teams.

I might be the only person in Madden who regularly practices their punting. When I hit a coffin corner kick and bury someone at the 2, they don't think much of it.

But eventually, the field position will catch up with them. I can't tell you how many times I've won easily, despite being outgained in total offense...because my field position was consistently so much better than my opponent's.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 18:14

My average score is only like 19-17
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 18:18

the ladies also love a an 80 yard pick 6 when you weave in and out of everybody to take it to the house. just like my boy from the U. Ed Reed

pressure busts pipes, pressure forces turnovers

think of the way i play as being just like the U in the 80's
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 19:18

HAHAHAHAHH.!!good point my n!gga. but when you call your shot and say to a defender yo!!!!! im' scoring right here and do it!!!!! come on black..mother f*cker look at like damn,,you the sh!t.while you standing in the middle field bowing to the crowd..lolololol like you play for the..U.baby
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 19:50

HAHAHA we need uncle luke in here to sing the theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODymUrMeVe4
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 21:01

I'm pretty sure the ladies just think Madden is geeky.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 21:04

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
I'm pretty sure the ladies just think Madden is geeky.

which is gay, i want to meet a girl that is a monster at madden or something like that. That would be the best thing ever but girls dont dig madden. But im sure they would when ur making money off it haha
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty2009-12-15, 21:09

If there was a girl who was even half decent at Madden I would want to marry her even if she was only a 5/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is the O section get more posts then the D?   Why is the O section get more posts then the D? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is the O section get more posts then the D?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next