Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?

Go down 
+4
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
iGotBeast$wag13
Oldstalecheetos
AshBlackstone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty
PostSubject: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 00:52

Meaning, if you have a linebacker who is rated 85 overall with 77 speed, and a linebacker that's 50 overall but 87 speed...do you sacrifice everything else for the speed?

I don't, but I know quite a few people who do.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 01:00

i think its weak that people get away with that kinda trash.. if ur playcalling sucks you shouldnt get lucky cuz you have speed on your team... you called a crappy play, end of story... its bs that some fast lb with a garbage rating can cover any, even the most mediocore recievers... come on.. really?

thats why i avoid raider users, they love talkin trash about how good their d is, but i contstantly break loose with mendenahll on them, and they catch up way down field... anyone else and i would have been gone and their terrible play call exposed... but no, hail to the stupid and fast... wait, why dosent hester have any rings?
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 01:21

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
i think its weak that people get away with that kinda trash.. if ur playcalling sucks you shouldnt get lucky cuz you have speed on your team... you called a crappy play, end of story... its bs that some fast lb with a garbage rating can cover any, even the most mediocore recievers... come on.. really?

thats why i avoid raider users, they love talkin trash about how good their d is, but i contstantly break loose with mendenahll on them, and they catch up way down field... anyone else and i would have been gone and their terrible play call exposed... but no, hail to the stupid and fast... wait, why dosent hester have any rings?

I'm not a big fan of the fact that every football video game decade allows for speed to cover certain deficiencies up, but I can't totally disagree with the concept either.

If I have a player that's rated 85 and one that's rated 80, but the 80 rated player's speed rating is 10 points higher, I'm using the faster guy. I believe in more speed on defense as long as there is some semblance of overall talent.

But when the gap is large in overall rating, I stick with the higher rated player. Speed doesn't matter when you're getting pounded between the tackles. 50 rated players aren't stopping that.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 10:19

i dont sacrifice everything for speed on defense. Most of my LB's are 75-82 speed tho. My corners arent REALLY fast, i just got good stick skills Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? 517225 . My team is pretty fast tho. I have to have good tacklers ans well
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 10:22

i do this haha because it works Smile

i run a 3-4 based D and i put my faster linebacker at starting and i put a safety at my outside linebacker spot..it works..its in the game..so its really not cheap..

and it gets me the win Smile
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 11:38

i ball with the fast LB'S and my safety at one of the out side LB. but other than that i would run with lurk with the fast LB.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 12:39

Depends on what I'm playing. If I'm playing man then I will go with speed, but if I zone blitz I will sub in my best zone lb's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 12:40

When I use the Raiders I use Alston (88 speed 59 ovr), over the other guy who is 75 speed and 63 overall, but I wouldn't do anything much more drastic than that.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 16:37

but speed is really the killer this year...like with the raiders you could use man all day and its hard to pass on them...same with offence...the more speed..the better your O can be
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty2009-12-10, 17:01

yes. sacrifice speed for everything. if you don't understand that speed if by far and away the most important rating in the game then you haven't been playing madden long enough. yes it's unrealistic, yes this wouldn't work in the NFL, yes you shouldn't be able to get away with it, yes this isnt the way it should be but guess what it's a video game and this is the way it is Smile

we'll use raiders for example. you'll probably break out of a few tackles but while ur doing the breakout animations my other 86-89 speed linebackers have closed on you and you're not going to get much more. you give up fewer long plays if you have those 95+ speed corners and 93/90 speed safeties that'll chase down 95% of RBs in the game. if you play as the steelers you'll stop them at the LOS a few times but if they break loose there's no one but troy that can catch anyone. this game more than any other madden seems to be based on the big plays IMO so to limit them is key. i love being able to chase down someone even if they're on the 5. red zone defense is a great place to be on defense IMO.

but of course dont get too drastic with this. i wouldn't start a 50 ovr 75 speed over a 80 ovr 74 speed. i only put them in if theres a huge dramatic difference in speed. also this doesnt apply to Dline as much. speed doesnt matter as much as blocking shedding and finesse/power move for DLinemen.

so to answer ur question specifically i would start williams over brookings. i think my cowboys LBs crew is sensaugh, ware, williams, james.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?   Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you sacrifice everything in exchange for speed on defense?
Page 1 of 1