Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

4th and short what do ya'll do???

Go down 
+13
claytops
c4jun
ritz2034
MiamiXCanes
raptors505
ohboykjoy
seiz13
CapnCrunch
so much swag
Hollywood x 12
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Mcnair2Wycheck
raymond-bell
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty
PostSubject: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-26, 06:11

hey fellas its me again what do ya'll do on 4th and short? do you deffend the pass or try n stop the run? and im talking about situations where its like 4th and 3 or 4 and he can run it or pass it for the first down. what do you guys tend to wanna protect first the run or the pass? ill throw my two cents in, first i like to look at what my opponent has done so far in the game, has he been able to pass it better? or run it better? going off that ill play him accordingly. second i like to look at what he comes out in if its a run formations say two tight ends and two backs im gonna lean more to the chance he's gonna run but not forget that he can also pass but make the run my first priority and usually ill use a backer. if he comes out in a pass set say 4 WR's im gonna lean to the chance he'll pass it but not forget he could hand it to a back and ill usually user a saftey. thats how i look at 4th and short guys anyone elses opion would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance guys! 4th and short what do ya'll do??? 993453
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-26, 13:19

Usually if it's a balanced person I like to go 46 bear cover 2, contain the ends and then blitz one of the LB's to shoot through the A gap.
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-26, 22:22

Quote :
Usually if it's a balanced person I like to go 46 bear cover 2, contain the ends and then blitz one of the LB's to shoot through the A gap.

i like the coverage underneath in a cover two but i am simply horrid at playing a cover 2 while usering my FS. lol i guess thats just me needing to step up my saftey play. i usually gotta go 3 deep or i find myself getting burned over the top 4 six instead of just giving up the 1st down.
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-26, 22:30

46 cover 3 press y left analog stick left, rb left analog stick down, lb left analog stick down and bring the free safety that's sitting way back up to the line of scrimmage. it can usually stop the pass or run. if i dont do that, i nano
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-26, 22:44

Quote :
46 cover 3 press y left analog stick left, rb left analog stick down, lb left analog stick down and bring the free safety that's sitting way back up to the line of scrimmage. it can usually stop the pass or run. if i dont do that, i nano

hey thanks man! ima have to try this! im not a big nano guy. im not against them or for them i just dont use them i know how to and i have some of my own but i rarely use them.
Back to top Go down
Hollywood x 12
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Hollywood x 12

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 02:43

cover the flats and nano up the middle
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/hollywoood12
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 10:59

man igot so much sh!t in my chamber's,offense of bullet's man if i gotcha going with the run playaction to the side or over the top real sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 12:03

Swag, what are you doing. The guy is talking defense. What do you do fourth and short on defense?

Me, I use Cover 2, but how I use it depends on who I'm playing.
If he likes to run then I use 3-4 Cover 2 shift right or left and user the defensive end on the side you shifted to. If they like to pass, then 1-5-5 cover 2, user the Safety. If balanced then 3-3-5 user the safety.

I also have trouble usering fast guys, so I user the slower safety so I don't overrun a play.

I also like to user a fast DE cuz there not too fast and they are good for QB spy, HB and TE rolls, and dropping into bubble screens. But you can get burned on pitches and tosses. On any 3 down down set I will shift strong side and then user the DE. If they like to run up the middle you can do the same but in 4-3.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-11-28, 12:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 12:07

oh!!!!!!!!! my bad my O' is just fire i was hipe!! than'ks cap for looking out!lolololo 4th and short what do ya'll do??? 287206
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 14:58

C'mon Swag, the reason I was needling you was because I wanted to get an idea of what kind of defense you run.

Cmon swag, help me out bro!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-28, 22:52

Cover 2 will work even better once the patch comes out.................... If it ever comes out.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-29, 18:22

black give me your D you run and i'll give you a perfect short yrd' D. MY BAD homey hit me up.
Back to top Go down
seiz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-11-29, 19:18

BlITZ !!!!
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 02:35

46 Inside Blitz with press coverage... stops the inside run usually, and bumps the receivers so the quick pass is unavailable.
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 03:05

ohboykjoy wrote:
46 Inside Blitz with press coverage... stops the inside run usually, and bumps the receivers so the quick pass is unavailable.
i second that, usually gets a loss for me. i pinch the LBs and BNR
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 03:46

man it all depends. in most situations i run 3-4 over. now what play i run out of that all depends on what the other person likes to do so i dont really have one go to play that shuts down most things. i play my game, and change it during the game to make plays 4th and short what do ya'll do??? 584266
Back to top Go down
ritz2034
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 12:27

Just watch blitzing up the middle. You can give up big yardage very quickly. I would stay in a base cover 2 and control the MLB of FS in press coverage.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 13:35

i run the 1-5-5 scheme it's perfect for short yrd's a man get's through untouch all the time when i do it then hit blitz stick him...
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 14:54

ohboykjoy wrote:

Yeah dude this play has done wonders for me, the only bad thing is that the toss kills it. It works on stretch plays to, sometimes you get in the backfield quick and get to the QB
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-04, 16:15

46 Bear SS Blitz
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-10, 12:42

46 Inside blitz.

Bump 'n run.

Put linebackers in both A Gaps.

Inside run is usually stuffed, and then you have bump and run to cover the flats, you have to be careful though that your linebackers are good at covering or manually cover his RB.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-10, 12:49

so much swag wrote:
i run the 1-5-5 scheme it's perfect for short yrd's a man get's through untouch all the time when i do it then hit blitz stick him...

You run 1-5-5 on 4th and inches? I would just FB dive for 4 yards on that.

3-4 gap press
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-10, 17:09

yup 3-4 gap press. great nano, decent run stuffer.
Back to top Go down
I OWn You
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-11, 08:15

if their doing somthing out of goaline do goaline blitz a

spread d line and pinch
shift lbs in a and blitz

put a lb in each a gap and turbo blitz 1 of them
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty2009-12-11, 10:34

if your certain its a short play... try this out

46 bear
outside blitz

1. put both corners in flat zones
2. shift line toward blitzing lbs and reblitz de on that side
3. drop de on the other side into yellow to cover middle

user the fs up top

this will give you a great nano, if you blitz to the qbs weak side youll force an offbalance throw too... and it covers the flat... however, u need to user up top because you are EXTREMELY vulnerable to outside streaks if you dont have good safety stick skill... if you do, its almost unbeatable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th and short what do ya'll do???   4th and short what do ya'll do??? Empty

Back to top Go down

4th and short what do ya'll do???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next