Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Bend but dont break

Go down 
+2
finfever
robertbruce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
robertbruce
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Bend but dont break Empty
PostSubject: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 03:25

What is this defense about?
Back to top Go down
finfever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 04:07

it means giving up short plays and preventing big plays. People do this so the offense has to run a lot more plays which increases the chance for them to make a mistake
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 04:33

this is what i run. i run a slow, mistake free, run heavy O and a bend dont break kind of thing on D. i wont mess up and ill make it so every posession you have means something
Back to top Go down
robertbruce
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 08:42

crazyblack001 wrote:
this is what i run. i run a slow, mistake free, run heavy O and a bend dont break kind of thing on D. i wont mess up and ill make it so every posession you have means something
Thanks. Which team would u say was best suited to this style of play?
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 13:07

any team with a good RB, good o-line is good for this type of play on o.. on d i would suggest sumthin like the eagles.. they have a good secondary that can prevent big plays.. u just gotta learn to keep everythin in front of u.. i do the same..
Back to top Go down
trill
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 16:36

I'm all about some bend-but-don't-break. You've gotta be good in the red zone, however (I like Nickel 3-3-5, generally, and RZ Stop from GL formation). Outside the RZ, I run a 3-4 most of the time. If you think they're running, scissor the D in the direction of the run (aka shift your line to the side of the run, and shift your LB's in the opposite direction. Watch out for spread offenses if your LB's are slow or bad in coverage, and avoid strict man D if so.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 19:00

i run with the chargers and stick to the 3-4 or 46 most of the time. LT can pound it out good enough and sproles is a good option as a homerun hitter. add in gates as a great TE, some REALLY big WR and a solid D if used right. there the best team in the game IMO
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-18, 19:25

the chargers have one the best madden offenses in the game.. for sum reason, i cant get the safeties to cooperate.. they have a hell of a d-line and core of LBs and 2 good starting CBs.. but i cant stand the safeties..
Back to top Go down
robertbruce
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-19, 02:56

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
any team with a good RB, good o-line is good for this type of play on o.. on d i would suggest sumthin like the eagles.. they have a good secondary that can prevent big plays.. u just gotta learn to keep everythin in front of u.. i do the same..
Would the vikings be a good team for this approach? Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-19, 06:18

not trying to be cocky in any way but no the vikes wouldnt be for 1 simple reason...maybe i was just to good or maybe AP is just to good but he is EXPLOSIVE. IMO the most explosive player in the game by far. i would break a 60 or 70 yard run AT LEAST twice a game. add in the crazy good arm of favre, 2 really fast playmaking WR and an emerging WR in rice and that my friend is the most explosive O in the game. with the right scheme you could drop 60 points every game without a problem with that team. if you want a bend dont break system then maybe the 49ers? if you can stand not having a good QB but i really say the chargers with the SEA PB might be the best combo in the game IMO
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-19, 06:20

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
the chargers have one the best madden offenses in the game.. for sum reason, i cant get the safeties to cooperate.. they have a hell of a d-line and core of LBs and 2 good starting CBs.. but i cant stand the safeties..

Cramartie at FS and that might solve some of your problems but im sure you already tried that lol. honestly i cant stand weddle and i hate putting him in. if he wasnt so slow i would just put ellison there so i agree. the safeties are prolly the worst part of the team
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-19, 18:35

yea ellison a beast hes just too slow.. haha he slower than all the LBs.. but ive put cason in.. i keep cromartie at CB as my CB to put on fast WRs or the guys like randy, andre, calvin, etc..
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-11-19, 21:09

i normaly just keep cramartie at FS and shadow whoever the best WR is. just make sure im always in a good spot to make a play
Back to top Go down
TRAV1SMC
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty2009-12-01, 01:59

carolina is the definition of a powerhouse run O plus there d isnt that bad u got 2 corners in the 80's and 83 safty plus beason and peppers i just sit back in covgs like buzz dudd and use beason my d isnt that great though i give up to many points but there o is sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bend but dont break   Bend but dont break Empty

Back to top Go down

Bend but dont break
Page 1 of 1