Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty
PostSubject: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty2009-11-03, 10:19

i used to just use How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle 906978 and the hit stick. But now it seems as though brandon jacobs is being a major punk. I was tryong to see wat worked for u guys. Is it spinning, stiff arming, trucking, juking? Please tell. I have left lots of points away from the scorboard because im in the open feild and noone breaks a tckl.
Back to top Go down
XXL NDG
New MS Member
New MS Member
XXL NDG

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty2009-11-03, 12:14

whenever i reach contact and am battling to stay on my feet i flick the right analong stick either left or right. in terms of truck sticking you have to realize who your going up against. its always a first insticnt for me to try to straight up run a dude over but you have to use football iq as well every now and then.
Back to top Go down
OakKyd
New MS Member
New MS Member
OakKyd

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty2009-11-03, 20:42

Just go on instinct. But my favorite thing to use is the stiff arm.

Also, before you pick a run play, think about all the ways you can evade a tackle. Before you hit that hole, see if there is a cut back lane and usually, there is one DE or CB on the outside that can easily be trucked.
And sometimes in the open field, just use the quick burst juke, and if you are with a elusive back (Even ahmad bradshaw and tashard choice counts), always look for someone to evade. The ey is to move around alot and use the anolog every single sec
But if your with brandon jacobs or any power back, just Run down hill, and when you want to break a tackle, make sure you have a full head of steam. Make sure he is going full speed. Another thing is if you break one tackle, you usually get alot of momentum and you start breaking tackles left to right, once your in a situation like that, widen your veriety by stiffarming (Make sure your ball side is facing the bounds), and just flat out branching tackles by using the anolog stick to branch out once your tackled

And last, remember that the key to running the football is to not get hit and pic good running choices. But if your playing with a big time PowerBack (Not marshawn Lynch type) always look for someone to hit. Just think walter payton, hit them before they can hit you. But As a power back, dont rely on breaking alot of tackles, the goal is to push the pile and fall forward almost every play.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty2009-11-03, 22:55

By the way, if you want to truck, don't hit the stick as you get tackled. Hit it a bit earlier so your ballcarrier gets his shoulders down and hits the defender lower, giving him more chances to break the tackle.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty2009-11-03, 23:20

I like to juke all tho spinning works it also slow you down a little and if anyone is behind you it gives a chance to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle   How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle Empty

Back to top Go down

How to BREAK a 1-on-1 tackle
Page 1 of 1