Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...

Go down 
+5
CapnCrunch
wandeezy623
jahova6
allenw2g7
dracocepheus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty
PostSubject: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-11, 23:56

Been off and on with the upper levels on the whole game. I can move the ball on offense and I know I need to focus on ball control. But on defense I haven't been able to contain the passing game as much as I would like. I just went back to the Dallas defense witch is giving more options in the 3-4 than the N.Y. Jets P.B. witch I used and liked. I'm looking for suggestions of plays to create a scheme to help contain the run and passing game on these upper level guys cause they see the nano's coming and pass quicker.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-12, 19:19

Damn was hoping to get some kind of suggestions by now...
I not looking for just blitzes either would like to mix in some Fag Defense.
Here are some blitzes that I have learned

3-4: Solid - Sting Pinch

1. Bump and Run
2. Blitz The Defensive Tackle
3 Take the RMLB and place him in LEFT A-Gap and Blitz Down
4. Optional- Control one of the safeties to lurk any quick slants/flats.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-4: Solid - Cover 2

1. Pinch D-Line
2. Blitz RMLB behind the DT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-4: Over - Srting Pinch

1. Move blitzing LB between DT and DE few yards back
2. Blitz the DT over center straight down

3-4: Stacked - Hog Buck 3

1. Blitz LOLB straight down
2. Move blitzing MLB next to DE

3-4: Over - Sting Pinch Zone

1. Show Blitz and let it play out
2. Optional- Control one of the safeties to lurk any quick slants/flats. I normally lurk with S.S.

3-4: Normal - LB Storm 3

1. Show blitz
2. SS in hook zone middle of field
3. Zone the middle witch would be Y andright stick down
Back to top Go down
allenw2g7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-13, 12:00

3-4 cover 2
back off coverage than reset.
put the defensive ends in containment and defensive tackle in spy
just sit back and let the offense make a mistake it works for me.
Back to top Go down
jahova6
New MS Member
New MS Member
jahova6

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-13, 14:47

any formation outta 3-4 cover3

1.change light blue routes to purple zones
2.place de's on qb contain if you suspect screen or something to the flats also if you have fast de's ill man one of them up on a inside receiver to help delay crossing routes
3. lurk with your safety watch plays going across the middle of the field
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-16, 03:32

I'm going to lab those this coming week and try out delayed BnR and turbo blitzes that I just read.

How well does the delayed BnR work with Fag D?

If there are any more please post up.
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-16, 21:59

here are some sweet 3-4 stack blitzes.

Thunder Smoke

1. Call BNR
2. Spread LB's
3. Blitz all LB's
4. Put MLB in Right A Gap
5. Reblitz MLb
6. Put both both blitzing LB's on right side in a Hook zone and a Buzz zone

Weak Flat 3

1. BNR
2. Spread LB's
3. Blitz both OLB's
4.RILB in Right A gap to give illusion of middle pressure.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-16, 22:21

I use the Cleveland defense playbook. The 3-4 has a gap blitz that is easy to flip at the line if they shift. It also has good nickel plays like over storm. But it has three nickel formations, which I like. Then for fag d I run Dollar cover 3 and drop one DE into cover and user the other on a kinda halfback/tightend read over the middle. Also the DE I user is usually a OLB sub for speed.

A lot of the guys here user the SS for watching over the middle and run help. Me I sub a fast outside linebacker like Victor Butler in the DE spot and then drop him back to do the same job. Gives me more coverage, but less pass rush.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-18, 22:09

Well I'm thinking about using some 46
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-19, 15:50

dracocepheus wrote:
Damn was hoping to get some kind of suggestions by now...
I not looking for just blitzes either would like to mix in some Fag Defense.
Here are some blitzes that I have learned

3-4: Solid - Sting Pinch

1. Bump and Run
2. Blitz The Defensive Tackle
3 Take the RMLB and place him in LEFT A-Gap and Blitz Down
4. Optional- Control one of the safeties to lurk any quick slants/flats.

3-4: Solid - Cover 2

1. Pinch D-Line
2. Blitz RMLB behind the DT

3-4: Over - Srting Pinch

1. Move blitzing LB between DT and DE few yards back
2. Blitz the DT over center straight down

3-4: Stacked - Hog Buck 3

1. Blitz LOLB straight down
2. Move blitzing MLB next to DE

3-4: Over - Sting Pinch Zone

1. Show Blitz and let it play out
2. Optional- Control one of the safeties to lurk any quick slants/flats. I normally lurk with S.S.

3-4: Normal - LB Storm 3

1. Show blitz
2. SS in hook zone middle of field
3. Zone the middle witch would be Y andright stick down

Nice Nanos, i was gonna switch PB because i couldnt find nanos, now im gonna stick wit the BAL D. Thanx
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-19, 16:11

u say higher level guys see nanos coming and pass quicker... when they see FAG D they stand there and wait Nanos and Fag D got over used quick...everyone should know how to beat those by now
Back to top Go down
1word3letters_TRU
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-19, 16:36

good stuff
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-19, 21:41

Just really looking for some sound plays for a scheme not just nanno's or fag-d, I have nanno's but not a lot of fag-d. My goal is to put together basic play no mods with nanno's and fag-d. I have not gotten the 46 e-book but I just switched over to the 46 and been missing around with it, But I'm better with the 3-4 as of rite now. I know there are players on here that have good scheme's and I'm just looking for advice on a scheme that will work for me either the 3-4 or 46.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-20, 00:56

OBBIE13JR wrote:

Nice Nanos, i was gonna switch PB because i couldnt find nanos, now im gonna stick wit the BAL D. Thanx

No problem found a bunch of them on this forum. By the way who the hell is that hot ass chick
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-21, 00:59

I KNOW DAMN!!!!!!!!! Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... 257164
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty2009-11-23, 19:37

yeah lots of fun with that Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... 299836
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...   Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need 3-4 Defensive Strategy Help...
Page 1 of 1