Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is it really football?

Go down 
+11
MiamiXCanes
SLCdragons102
Green 1975
crackajack
bigbuddah
XXL NDG
EastCoast_Dog
c4jun
tornnorwegian
Crunk
boatrace76
15 posters
AuthorMessage
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Is it really football? Empty
PostSubject: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 01:35

Ok I’m not the best player in Madden…but I just like to play a good game of football. For me I would like to make the game as real as possible. But some of these guys like to run the same ole plays.

I played this one guy and he ran the same 3 plays. Of course he beat me. But come on that is not realistic game play.

I think I’m done playing online. I guess I will stick to offline from now on.

Yeah I probably can go lab and figure out some unstoppable plays but why would I want to do that if it will make the game unrealistic.

I guess I should play it as a video game versus looking to play it as a real game of football. Is there anyone else feeling my frustration or what?
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 01:38

I run into kids that do this a lot. Its not super fun, but people just want to win. When I play offline I dont run the same things I would normally do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 01:42

I hear ya. Well I'm a pretty smart guy...and I'm sure if I tried hard enaough, I could figure out some unstoppable plays...but do I really want to do that?
Back to top Go down
tornnorwegian
New MS Member
New MS Member
tornnorwegian

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 07:24

No! Whats the fun in that? Finding a couple of plays you will always gain on? I only like to play offline (franchise) where I can make the game as realistic as I can. Thats football for me!
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 08:05

Yeah, that's why thinking about calling it quits for online play.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 09:57

Man if someone runs 3 plays on me all game I pitty them. Just stop it man. I know you don't like playing people like that but you can't control that. Maybe find people online or on this site that you can play that plays more realistic. You are going to run into CHILDREN online its just a fact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 10:58

online play fcking sucks ass when you get players who just wanna get a win to make there record look good, i just played this kid, ran gun bunck wk all game and threw to wr that runs egual to the los and to the hb, i stop it every play then he ran to wilcat and i stuff that, thats all he had i was winning 34-6, but i quit cuz it was so fcking boring to me lol i can careless about my record
Back to top Go down
XXL NDG
New MS Member
New MS Member
XXL NDG

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 11:40

i totally agree and there is a lot more of it in today's madden. back in the day on the old ps2 many people had more of a scheme than just a few plays. of course there were ppl that took advantage of things that were not controllable however i don't remember it being half as bad as it is in this generation of madden.
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 11:46

Man...maybe it was just me but the frustrating part is i couldn't stop it. It was just that bad...I'm at a cross road right now...to be or not be online.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-02, 11:58

If y'all want real football join my sim section and if u are ps3 join my sim online franchise...if ur interested pm me or email me at zthorpe180@Gmail.com
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-03, 20:27

i played a lvl 29 guy last nite all he did was 3 playes. a run a playaction and a qb draw. he was beating me 28 to 7 at half i came back and won 42 to 28 cuz i shut down his unstopable plays cuz it was all he had even when i shut it down thats all he tryed to do i hate this style of play it becomes repetative and gets real boring i dont enen keep the same pb cuz it gets boring..
Back to top Go down
Green 1975
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-06, 15:18

Well. if it is not broken, than dont fix it. sorry man. but I played football. div 1. and if there is a weakness in the O or D and we find it, than we will work that weakness and end up getting a win. so 3 plays or not. if you can not stop it. than that is on you. not the team/person that is putting it on you. your D is prb weak. step up your game. we all lose from time to time. no need to cry. just get better
Back to top Go down
SLCdragons102
New MS Member
New MS Member
SLCdragons102

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-06, 18:07

I understand what your saying but I guess sometimes you gotta just figure out a way to counter it. In any online game theres gonna be those kids that in a sports game do the same the over and over, or in shooters just camp or glitch, etc. I suppose online play is always doomed to stuff like this. But if you want to try to get as realistic as possible try out a sim league
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-06, 21:44

green is right. this happends more then you might notice in a real game. no joke during the state title game my senior year. the guy who was guarding me could not stop me from getting into the lane to save his life so my coach honestly told me to do that EVERY time we went down the floor. if you cant stop it, then the other person will run it
Back to top Go down
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-07, 00:23

I understand your frustration....but you're right it is a video game and not reality. If you want to play a "real football" game, get some friends and go outside and play a "real football" game. Madden is a video game, in the virtual world. It's perspective my man....don't let it get to you. And oh yea....do what they do to you....what's wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-07, 01:03

Cboy918 wrote:
I understand your frustration....but you're right it is a video game and not reality. If you want to play a "real football" game, get some friends and go outside and play a "real football" game. Madden is a video game, in the virtual world. It's perspective my man....don't let it get to you. And oh yea....do what they do to you....what's wrong with that?
You my friend, are a genius.
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-19, 20:40

Im Back!!!!! After much off time labbing!!! I'm Back!!!

1 2 3 4 OT F

boatrace76 0 3 3 17 0 23

cinco5ocho8 0 3 0 0 0 3
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-19, 20:50

Thanks for all the comments..I did join a sim league, which actually helped my online play. It got me me in the lab room alot. I'm still having trouble with countering some trick plays...but in the last game i played...my TOP was 21:?? mins and the other guy was 6:?? min...

I simply won by frustrating my opponent...lol

Score breakdown:

1 2 3 4 OT F

boatrace76 0 3 3 17 0 23

cinco5ocho8 0 3 0 0 0 3

Statistics boatrace76 cinco5ocho8

Rushing attempts for 17 11

Rushing yards for 40 51

Passing attempts for 21 16

Passing yards for 132 103

Punts 0 0

Field goals for 3 1

Long field goals (40+) for 1 0

Rushing touchdowns for 0 0

Passing touchdowns for 1 0

Returns touchdowns for 0 0

Defensive touchdowns for 1 0

Turnovers for 3 1

Interceptions for 0 3

Sacks for 1 0

Number of third downs 9 4

Third down conversions 6 0

No-huddle plays 0 0

Audibles called 0 0

Hot routes used 1 2

Shotgun plays 6 11

Blitzes 16 9

Time of possession 21:57 6:03

2-point conversions tried 0 0

2-point conversions succeeded 0 0

Red zone field goals 2 0

Red zone touchdowns 1 0

Red zone opportunities 3 1

First downs 11 8

First down yards 43 161

Special teams yards 66 151

Punt return yards 0 0

Punt yards 0 0

Penalties 1 1

Penalty yards 10 10

First down rushing plays 10 6

First down passing plays 6 8

Second down rushing plays 6 4

Second down passing plays 7 3

Third down rushing plays 1 1

Third down passing plays 8 3

Fourth down rushing plays 0 0

Fourth down passing plays 0 3

Passes completed 17 6

Fumbles 1 0

Fumbles recovered 0 1

Possessions 7 8

Third downs, 3 or less yards 3 1

Successes 2 0

Third downs, 4 to 9 yards 5 2

Successes 3 0

Third downs, 10 or more yards 1 1

Successes 1 0

Hurries 3 2

Knockdowns 0 0

Passes deflected 4 1

Passes tipped 0 0

Offensive yards 172 154

Total yards 238 305

Return yards 66 151

Total touchdowns 2 0

I figure if they dont have the ball, they can't run the trick plays...thanks Madden School.

In case you are wondering I'm a lvl 9...wanna lab. look me up.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-24, 19:57

My question is this, why stop doing something if it continues to work?

If someone can't stop me from running to the left side, why would I not continue to run to the left side?

If someone cannot stop my short passing game, why would I go away from it?

I'm not saying that I run the same few plays over and over again, what I'm saying is that why should someone stop running certain plays if they're working for them? You want a real football game? Shut their best plays down, and force them to mix it up and look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty2009-11-25, 18:59

I'll admit that I would like to see an increase in defensive awareness when plays are run over and over again. Obviously in real life the D would be able to look for that no matter what your play call is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it really football?   Is it really football? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it really football?
Page 1 of 1