Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Your first drive...

Go down 
+13
jetsfan557
SiCkOnDaStiCk
so much swag
MiamiXCanes
laidbackskaterer
*R3D*D3VIL*
golddawg125
super_mario90
OMG iTz POPPA
Reservations 4 6
Masta23
BOSTN BEANER
hof8231
17 posters
AuthorMessage
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Your first drive... Empty
PostSubject: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-23, 14:34

Ok, so it's your first offensive possession. Maybe you stopped them, maybe you forced a turnover, maybe you let them score on you *gasp or maybe you just won (or lost) the toss and you're receiving the opening kickoff.

You don't want to show them your best plays right off the bat, or do you?

I'm a very run-oriented gamer so when I come out for my first drive I like to make them think I'm more of a passer so I'll come out in shotty and keep throwing short, high percentage passes. On my next posession, I'll start the same way, then throw in some shotgun runs. Then I'll go to my normal gamestyle when I know they know they have to respect the pass. I feel like it really confuses most of them as they really don't know what I'm going to do. I also NEVER run my money plays on my first or usually my 2nd drive until I see their defensive tendencies.

Does anybody else do anything similar to this?
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-23, 15:08

If its someone I don't play regularly then I won't throw my best plays at em the first drive at all. If its a friend that I play regularly I usually run straight at them cuz everyone knows I pass all day nad a lot of them come out in pass D. Every 5 games or so I try to hit them deep on my first play to keep them from just coming into a run stopping D when they play me. If u stop my first run for like 2 or less yards, there's a good chance ur gona see me in shotgun the rest of the game and very rarely I will run. Haha if u stop my run I'm done with it, I hate running the ball. I feel running plays for 3-4 yards are wasted plays when I could very easily gain 7-8 yards every play if I pass and I'm real good at passing.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Masta23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-23, 15:25

I come out in the same form on first play of my possession always. I usually start with off tackle or inside runs. Usually my first posession of the second half ill start with a PA bomb right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Reservations 4 6
New MS Member
New MS Member
Reservations 4 6

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-23, 15:34

I run whatever I'm feelin at the time most of the time I win the toss and give them the ball so I decide what to do off off what there possesion resulted in.
Back to top Go down
OMG iTz POPPA
New MS Member
New MS Member
OMG iTz POPPA

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-23, 15:37

FIRST PLAY I COME OUT IN A RUNNING FORMATION AND RUN A SCREEN OR GO DEEP DEPENDING ON WHAT KIND OF TEAM IM PLAYING. ALWAYS TRY TO SCORE ON YOUR FIRST PLAY BECAUSE EVERYONE ALWAYS TRIES TO NANO BLITZ OR PLAYS 2 MAN UNDER ON THE FIRST PLAY TO SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
Take advantage of the first play because the defense hasnt seen what u can do yet. (dont play your best play or whatever just find a decent play that'll rack up massive yards and run that.) if you're gonna run the ball on the first play do it out of shotgun or far tight twins.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-24, 03:38

im very agressive i come out with a hail-mary 1st play catches the D off guard like a m****f*ker lol nobody ever exspects that cuz some players choos their D before u choose your play it literally takes maybe 4 or 5 plays before im in the endzone

those 4 or 5 plays arn't hail-mary's though only on the 1st play
Back to top Go down
golddawg125
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-24, 04:27

I like to come out throwing. First play is a deep to medium pass. Next i'll do some short high percentage passes to my te or rb or slot receiver. This gets them to think im a passer but once they start playing for the pass i Hit em wit my strength (not my best plays tho on the 1rst drive tho) My running game. Im averaging over 275 rushing yards a game (wit tampa bay) against my friends and ppl i play online.

So yea i want them to think im a passer first.
Back to top Go down
*R3D*D3VIL*
New MS Member
New MS Member
*R3D*D3VIL*

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-24, 21:51

im definitley going with short intermidiate route first drive (slants, flats, drags, etc.). i will always stay in one shotgun formation i usually dont play in. I like to get the ball to my RB alot i got to have a good recieving RB. it give me a chance to see their nanos and wat areas of the field dey dont cover. first drive for me alwayz sets up the run for later.
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 12:59

i have methodical first drives.. i like to throw to everybody, mix in a few runs(mulitpul formations) , slip screens and blue routes(money)....its beyond fustrating to defend so many different plays....later on hit them with the toss, wr screen, MIX UP THE FORMATIONS
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 14:57

Running with vikings alone opens up the whole PB. when somebody plays them more often then not there first thought is "stop AP". so i come out in alot of running formations and PA off them my first drive, mix in some runs of course but alot of PA
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 18:06

playaction..from the door!!!!!!!then deep corner..first two.... Your first drive... 478291
Back to top Go down
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 19:03

Wildcat,Wildcat,Wildcat=Punt! FTW, sike nahh.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 19:47

your an idiot!!!!! sick..lolololololool..wus up!!!!!hahahaah..HOW BOUT THEM COWBOY'S........
Back to top Go down
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 19:55

so much swag wrote:
your an idiot!!!!! sick..lolololololool..wus up!!!!!hahahaah..HOW BOUT THEM COWBOY'S........

yayaya how bout them cowboys?...its all about houston nugga my boy schaub a beast..get on so i can whip u witd em reallll good.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 20:02

sh1TTTTTTTT......were those school girl's...at so i can holla........lolololololololol Your first drive... 855995
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 20:04

so much swag wrote:

Yeah, buddy. Romo looked filthy as well as their run and pass d.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-25, 20:37

hof!!!!!! we were knocking the f*ck out matty ice!!!!! all game....holla at your boy...1 Your first drive... 970642 Your first drive... 970642
Back to top Go down
jetsfan557
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: red sox suck   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-26, 03:15

Sox and pats suck your opinion is negated

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
If its someone I don't play regularly then I won't throw my best plays at em the first drive at all. If its a friend that I play regularly I usually run straight at them cuz everyone knows I pass all day nad a lot of them come out in pass D. Every 5 games or so I try to hit them deep on my first play to keep them from just coming into a run stopping D when they play me. If u stop my first run for like 2 or less yards, there's a good chance ur gona see me in shotgun the rest of the game and very rarely I will run. Haha if u stop my run I'm done with it, I hate running the ball. I feel running plays for 3-4 yards are wasted plays when I could very easily gain 7-8 yards every play if I pass and I'm real good at passing.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-26, 03:31

SiCkOnDaStiCk wrote:
so much swag wrote:

yayaya how bout them cowboys?...its all about houston nugga my boy schaub a beast..get on so i can whip u witd em reallll good.

u say schaub is a beast like your a texans fan but u look like a bucs fan wtf
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-28, 11:02

My first possesion is always bout getting atleast 3... and play hardcore D!
Back to top Go down
seymo241
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-28, 15:44

i like to pass then run and then run some more...if they stop me I punt...simple really
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-28, 23:06

I throw ALL of my money plays @ them my 1st drive. I know its not smart, but that's what i do
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty2009-10-29, 00:25

I come out in what I have my auds set up in and read there D, Throw deep PA clown slot #3 WR slant left to back them off the line and I mix it up all game. Run a stretch, Then a PA bootleg play short to mid range cause Romo's throw on the run is great.

Now that the Boys are on the up swing I'm sure there will be people jumping on the bandwagon

Go Cowboys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your first drive...   Your first drive... Empty

Back to top Go down

Your first drive...
Page 1 of 1