Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS

Go down 
+6
xXTHeEddYXx
huh1231
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
mrfreeeze
HYDRO XFACTOR
24Marion24
10 posters
AuthorMessage
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty
PostSubject: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 00:54

Hey guys, I spent the last week or so looking for a sim league that was right for me, that had good rules, and a nice looking list of players. I couldn't find one that looked like it was true sim or even active at all. So I created my own league on XBOX 360 for Madden 2010.

League Name: STRAIGHT SIM LEAGUE

Max Players: 12 players (Reason)- I don't want more than 12 people in the league, because I feel like it would be too much to handle, and it would become innactive after a couple weeks.

Weather: ON

TRADES: ON

Draft: Off

Quarters: 8 minutes with 15 seconds accelerated

Injuries/Fatique - ON

Difficulty - All-Madden

Password: YES THERE IS A PASSWORD. IF YOU GET ACCEPTED, i WILL GIVE YOU IT.

--------QUICK RUNDOWN OF RULES--------
1. No cheese - This is a straight sim league (check out the league name haha) This means no running the same play more than 3 times a game. No running the same play back to back. Don't use goal line formation when your not right by the goal line. Don't run the same play on defense every play. No adjusting your d-line or linebackers manually, you have to press the buttons to do the adjustments (this prevents nano blitzing, which is NOT ALOUD)

2. No glitching - seriously..... dont even join if your planning on glitching.

3. Punt the ball on 4th down, no matter how many yards/inches you have to go. You can go for it in the 4th quarter if you are down in points though.

4. Mix up your passing / running as close to 50/50 as you can. For example, don't run the ball 35 times and only pass it 15 times.... That's just cheesy and not what real football looks like on NFL sunday.

5. Be active, and have fun. This is competitive but Im creating this for the guys who just want to have fun, and a friendly environment to play in without lal of the glitchers or cheesers. Being in this league should just be a fun hobby for the true football funs.

6. You must have a mic. You dont have to wear it during the entire game, only pre-game, and after every 8-10 plays, check in with your opponent if you feel like you have been cheated in any way of our rules. Also halftime and after quarters would be a good time to check in with your opponent.

APPLICATION-

Name:
Team Wanted:
Do you think you can handle the all-madden difficulty level?
Describe what you think sim football is:

post your apps here on this thread please.

FILL OUT THE SMALL APPLICATION ACCURATELY AND SERIOUSLY PLEASE. If you half ass it, I won't even think you seriously want in the league.
Back to top Go down
HYDRO XFACTOR
New MS Member
New MS Member
HYDRO XFACTOR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 01:01

Name:jesse massieAge:16
360 Gamertag:HYDRO XFACTOR
Team Wanted:CARDINALS
Do you think you can handle the all-madden difficulty level?YEA THATS WHAT I UASLLY PLAY ON
Describe what you think sim football is:its straight up no bullshit no bitching or quiting when u get beat bad every1 has a game like it
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 02:50

Sim style of madden is more about just not quitting or complaining. It's how football is supposed to be. How you would see it played on NFL Sunday. Not cheesing and running the same plays all game. We have 2 teams so far. 10 more to go.

Hydro Im not quite sure your exactly sure of what a sim league is.
Back to top Go down
mrfreeeze
New MS Member
New MS Member
mrfreeeze

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 03:41

Marion...I couldn't join even if I wanted to...Don't have a 360, play on the PS3...But I understand what ur looking for by wanting a straight sim league...Now I've been playin Madden since the beginning but I'm fairly new 2 this site and so I'm not sure of what would be considered cheese play...On the subject of you not wanting players in ur league not to manually shift the d-line and linebackers, hey I totally agree with you on that...Thats frustrating playing against a guy who plays like that...But at the same time, you do see that on sundays...I mean Phillys D strives on bringin heat on almost every play...So I guess my question to you is...Is a person who nano blitzes considered a cheeser??...For the longest time, I didn't do that but it got tiring when my opponents would use that tactic and then my passing defense would get ripped to shreds.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 12:08

Im not exactly sure if EVERYONE ELSE considers nano blitzing to be (cheesing) but I do.... I mean in my opinion nano blitzing ruined madden.

Nano blitzing takes NO SKILL at all, and with all of the guides around, and youtube and stuff, ANYONE can find oiut how to nano blitz. Nano blitzing ruins the integrity of the game, and some of them are impossible to stop, even if you shift your offensive line.

I do consider it cheese lol

Oh but I never said people cant BLITZ. People can blitz if they want, just not every play. They can blitz whoever they want, as long as they dont manually move their linebackers or d-line, and re-blitz them.

Last edited by 24Marion24 on 2009-10-23, 12:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add something)
Back to top Go down
mrfreeeze
New MS Member
New MS Member
mrfreeeze

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 12:54

Ok...I get what ur saying...And it has ruined the integrity of the game...I usually only nano blitz on 3rd and long...Its just that I find it hard 2 generate any kind of pressure without nano blitzing...Maybe I'm not as quick on the sticks as some of u younger guys...LOL...But it was good 2 get one man's opinion on the subject...Also I'm a little curious...Obviously I can't participate in ur league becuz of the different systems...But I believe in playing the game how it was meant 2b played...No glitching or cheese plays...Like I said, I only nano in certain situations...Will only go for it on 4th down if I'm deep on my opponents side and only in short yardage situations...Truly believe in mixing up my scheme...It's usually 60/40 rushing/passing...And really just play the game 2 have fun with a group of guys who play it for the same reason...So I guess my question 2u is...Would I get an invite??
Back to top Go down
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 13:09

Name: CJ
360 Gamertag: Kid Dynomite20
Team Wanted: Carolina Panthers
Do you think you can handle the all-madden difficulty level? Shouldn't be a problem
Describe what you think sim football is: When you lose you feel like you lost fair and square. Having to know the x's and o's not gimmicks.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 13:09

yeah you seem like you youd fit in well. I mean as long as you followed the rules and everything yeah lol. Id invite you, you seem like youd be good for a straight up sim league.

its too bad your on the PS3 man. youd be in
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 13:15

HYDRO XFACTOR wrote:
Name:jesse massieAge:16
360 Gamertag:HYDRO XFACTOR
Team Wanted:CARDINALS
Do you think you can handle the all-madden difficulty level?YEA THATS WHAT I UASLLY PLAY ON
Describe what you think sim football is:its straight up no bullshit no bitching or quiting when u get beat bad every1 has a game like it

oh shitttt full name on the internets. your fucked... never kid. i mean never ever post ur full name on the internet.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-23, 20:28

Hey you guys, I changed the maximum ammount of players to 16. So far we have 4 teams taken.

Dallas Cowboys
Indianapolis Colts
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles

leave me your gamertag and email address if your interested in the 100% Pure Straight Sim League. I will send you the rules and the password.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-24, 17:09

Update -

So far these are the teams taken/unavailable

Colts (Taken)
Cowboys (Taken)
Eagles (Taken)
Giants (Taken)
Packers (Taken)
Chargers (Taken)
Redskins (Unavailable)

Redskins are also unavailable because I don't want the whole division to be controlled by human, and have some divisions controlled entireley by CPU. There is a 16 player maximum thats why I say that.

TEN SPOTS OPEN. We need 4 more NFC teams and 6 more AFC teams
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-24, 17:43

OK, let me save you the trouble a week into the league you will have...

24Marion24 wrote:

--------QUICK RUNDOWN OF RULES--------
1. No cheese - This is a straight sim league (check out the league name haha) This means no running the same play more than 3 times a game. No running the same play back to back. Don't use goal line formation when your not right by the goal line. Don't run the same play on defense every play. No adjusting your d-line or linebackers manually, you have to press the buttons to do the adjustments (this prevents nano blitzing, which is NOT ALOUD)
You should be able to use goalline on short yardage situations as well.

24Marion24 wrote:

3. Punt the ball on 4th down, no matter how many yards/inches you have to go. You can go for it in the 4th quarter if you are down in points though.
I have seen many teams go for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter because they desperately need that possession. Too long for a FG and too short of a punt. Make it 4th and short.

24Marion24 wrote:
4. Mix up your passing / running as close to 50/50 as you can. For example, don't run the ball 35 times and only pass it 15 times.... That's just cheesy and not what real football looks like on NFL sunday.
What NFL do you see? Go tell the 2007 Pats that

24Marion24 wrote:

6. You must have a mic. You dont have to wear it during the entire game, only pre-game, and after every 8-10 plays, check in with your opponent if you feel like you have been cheated in any way of our rules. Also halftime and after quarters would be a good time to check in with your opponent.
Why won't text messages on live work?????
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 01:27

1. if you dont like my rules then dont join.

2. the punt rule has been changed. we made it so that if u dont wanna punt but ur close to fg range u can go for it.

3. yeah you have to have a mic. your not just gonna pause the game if you feel like someone did something wrong and take ten minutes to type out the text of what happened.

4. as far as the making passing/rushing about 50/50, MOST teams do do that. theres very few that dont make it close to even.

EXAMPLE- patriots, eagles....

5. get off my dick
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 04:55

some of these rules seem like a bit to much bro. i would be a person who would like to pass the ball 45-50 times per game because i think that short pass plays are just an extension of the run game. there shouldnt be a set list of rules, more of just the thinking of what an NFL coach would do in a certin time and you should follow that, not a list of rules. im down to join if theres still room but i would run what i would actualy run if i were an NFL coach (a Serious spread O, Agressive play calling [going for it on 4th and short once or twice a game given the situation] and a blitz heavy, man to man scheme)
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 15:38

i just fuckin said you can go for it on 4th and short if your close to fg range and feel like punting would be pointless lol.

also, the rules are the rules.

like i said, if you dont wanna follow them then dont join.

theres no nano blitzing, glitching, cheesy plays that exploit the flaws in the game.

and yeah i understand you can pass a lot more than running, that rule has been changed also. I didnt mean literally 50/50. I just meant dont pass or run ALL game.
Back to top Go down
madden101
New MS Member
New MS Member
madden101

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 18:49

sim leagues are sopposed to be fun..this dont seem to fun..
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 19:48

Indianapolis Colts - Taken

Pittsburgh Steelers - Taken

Dallas Cowboys - Taken

NY Giants - Unavailable

Washington Redskins - Unavailable

Philadelphia Eagles - Taken

Green Bay Packers - Taken

Atlanta Falcons - Taken

IF THERES ALREADY 2 TEAMS IN THE DIVISION OF THE TEAM YOU WANT, YOU CANNOT BE THEM. WE ARE ONLY A 16 HUMAN LEAGUE SO WE CAN ONLY HAVE 2 TEAMS IN EACH DIVISON RAN BY A REAL PLAYER.

Fill out the app if you want in. I also need ur email. tell me team you want too.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-25, 20:00

god damn mario......why didnt you do this before the season.....all the team's i use are taken!!!!!!!!! but i f*ck's with you....do you money........! FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS 993453
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-26, 19:43

9 teams left guys.

Need mostly afc teams.

anyone interested.

leave me the top 3 teams u want, your gamertag, and your email address.
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-26, 19:57

that is why theres a fcukin sim section dam
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty2009-10-26, 21:12

marion is a joke guys. dont' join his league. it'll be nothing but headaches. look around at the boards and you'll see wat i mean. people are just trying to help him with some rules thats going to cause problems and all they get back from marion is "get off my dick" or "don't join if you dont like it". is this really someone that you guys want to be running a league? good luck if you do tho.

i say this never gets off the ground...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS   FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS Empty

Back to top Go down

FOR ALL THE TRUE FOOTBALL FANS
Page 1 of 1