Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Good Scheme for the Browns?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brettfavre032
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty
PostSubject: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 01:58

Ok So I am playing for the Browns in a league and I was just wondering what is a good playbook to run with them as well as some strong plays for certain situations. With the removing of Braylon Edwards it really diminishes a focal point for an offense. Aside from Jamal Lewis. Also who is better to QB with Quinn or Anderson? I personally have had more success with Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Brettfavre032
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 17:19

Anybody?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 18:34

According to the player stat sheet, Quinn has a higher rating in almost catagory. Especially the important ones like throw power and throw accuracy. He is lower on awareness therefore his overall is lower. If you are the one controlling a player then you are subbing in your awareness factor. So that goes away. Therefore according to the stats sheet you need to use Quinn. This differences might show up at... oh say 3rd or a crucial 4th down and then you turn the ball over. You gotta go with Quinn in my book. Do a search for it.

Remember it is a video game and the stat sheet dictates how well a player plays in certain situations. You have to throw out your like and dislikes and go by the player stat sheet. IMHO

As far as a playbook use one with lots of tosses and screens and pitches.

Jamal Lewis (Edit by Author - Oops I mean Jerome Harrison) does not break through the line well. Again this is based purely on his stat sheet. But he is great in the open field. Give him the ball on pitches, screens, and the HB Toss... MONEY

I also did a writeup on how many of the best players are not on the field for this team. Its around here somewhere, and has recomendations for changing the starting lineup.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-10-17, 22:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 21:25

CapnCrunch wrote:
According to the player stat sheet, Quinn has a higher rating in almost catagory. Especially the important ones like throw power and throw accuracy. He is lower on awareness therefore his overall is lower. If you are the one controlling a player then you are subbing in your awareness factor. So that goes away. Therefore according to the stats sheet you need to use Quinn. This differences might show up at... oh say 3rd or a crucial 4th down and then you turn the ball over. You gotta go with Quinn in my book. Do a search for it.

Remember it is a video game and the stat sheet dictates how well a player plays in certain situations. You have to throw out your like and dislikes and go by the player stat sheet. IMHO

As far as a playbook use one with lots of tosses and screens and pitches.

Jamal Lewis does not break through the line well. Again this is based purely on his stat sheet. But he is great in the open field. Give him the ball on pitches, screens, and the HB Toss... MONEY

I also did a writeup on how many of the best players are not on the field for this team. Its around here somewhere, and has recomendations for changing the starting lineup.

Ok well u were right until u got to the Jamal part. Jamal is a beast. Ive used them acouple times and all ive done is pound the ball. A nice lil trick is to put Harrison in for Toss plays (Hes FASTER/QUICKER). Get ur opponent thinking that when its Harrison that its a Toss then slam it up the gut. Works for me all the time. They crash everyone to one side trying to stop the ****** and slam it right up the middle. So now they think when Jamal is in that its goin up the middle. Then run a pitch wit Jamal. Best thing when playing wit the Browns is too keep ur opponent guessing. Make em think its goin one way then the other. You dont have dominating players that can outplay the D. Thats why u gotta use mind tricks with them.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 21:52

you are absolutely correct. I just checked the stats again.

Jamall has a trucking of 93 to break through the line and spin move and juke move of only 70-71 for the open field.

Harrison has a spin-juke of 87-91 and a trk of a measly 44.

I had it backwards, man I am so stoopid.

Now I gotta figure out how Harrison gets through the line at all with no trk and no str (58). Back to the lab I guess.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 22:41

OK here are some of the major changes I would recommend

I would change to dallas playbook for lots of pitches, and tosses. Use Lewis at fullback with vickers. They are both excellent. Use vickers at TE for blocking and Heiden for passing. The dal pb also has lots of good runs.

Use Cribbs for slants to the outside then watch him fly, and put Massaquoi in the slot every now and then, for motions and quick easy read slants to the inside.

Quinn starting QB

Lewis start for running
Harrison for pitch and pass

Center start Fraley
RG start Mack
RT start Womack

Defense change to 46

ROLB start Veikune for speed

LE start Bowens
DT start Rogers and Coleman. For 46 change

Long Snapper start Hank Fraley, I haven't a clue why they put heiden here

Kicker and KOS. I would use Cundiff for Power

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-10-17, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 23:41

What is really useful with the run. Find your absolute best run play,a play that can get you can get good chuncks on the D. And take the same formation and find some good pa. Find Atleast 2or3 (Depending on Size of formations.). And throw them in there.

I Thinks PA's are missused in the game sometimes. If you have a good good run game then PA's are money all day, (even vs nanos). Cuz the players (USER/CPU) Will bite to the run. Esecialy if ur killn them wwith the run. The user only plays one guy. To its full potential. Ya dig? lol try it
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-17, 23:58

Brettfavre032 wrote:
Ok So I am playing for the Browns in a league and I was just wondering what is a good playbook to run with them as well as some strong plays for certain situations. With the removing of Braylon Edwards it really diminishes a focal point for an offense. Aside from Jamal Lewis. Also who is better to QB with Quinn or Anderson? I personally have had more success with Anderson.
the best scheme iv found is looking for another team..............lol..just kiding
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-18, 01:54

crackajack wrote:
the best scheme iv found is looking for another team..........

Ain't that the truth
Back to top Go down
Brettfavre032
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-18, 12:14

How about the WR Core? Who should go where?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty2009-10-19, 09:48

That all depends an how you play. Try to get the ball to your best players. Where are you comfortable throwing to? Where are the mismatches? I like to put my best, or tallest WR in the slot out of shotgun, motion him, read the d, audible to open zones or man mismatches, run the play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Scheme for the Browns?   Good Scheme for the Browns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Scheme for the Browns?
Page 1 of 1