Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

running game

Go down 
+3
PapaSmurf
24Marion24
LEONARD
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LEONARD
New MS Member
New MS Member
LEONARD

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-14

running game Empty
PostSubject: running game   running game Empty2009-10-15, 23:39

i play on all madden level my rushing game is horribly i play with the colts with phi playbook i know the colts arent realy a rushing team but it would help my offense alot if i could atleast get 75-100 yards of rushing a game plz any help
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-15, 23:52

well first off its just like u said.. the colts arnt a rushing team lol. o 100 yards might be asking for a little too much againt the all-madden difficulty. I use the cowboys who have a great running attack and I can barely get 100 yards with Marion Barber. but a few tips for picking up a couple extra yards here and there-

1. adjust your o-line. Change the way they block depending on where your running the ball.

2. mix up your play calling. dont rush 3 times in a row, becuz the defense will start to expect it and they will likely make you fumble via hitstick or strip(trust me I learned the hard way)

3. send guys in motion to give you extra blockers. like in the full house formation, send the tight end to the side your running to for that play. sometimes doing this can give u that 1 extra block u needed to break for a big gain.

4. dont hike the ball right when u get to the line all the time. make sure you make all of your changes like the 0-line adjustments and motions, then fake snap 1-2 times, then hike the ball.

5. dont forget to change out your running backs if one is yellow/red. that means they are tired. just swap him out for a play or two. doing this can prevent fumbles and injuries.

6. Dont run to the left side every time, or right side every time, or up the middle every time. mix in power runs to the left, left, middle, and work in some toss plays to each side as well. never should the defense know where your play is going.
I like to use barber for my power runs, then swap in jones for my tosses.

try all of these things out. Im sure your ypc should go up at least 1 yard if u follow all of these tips.
Back to top Go down
LEONARD
New MS Member
New MS Member
LEONARD

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-14

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 00:16

thanks i apreciate it
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 00:51

LEONARD wrote:
thanks i apreciate it

well if u use barber for power runs and jones for toss's .. cant ur opp jus see which rb is on the field and he will know if u r running a power or a toss?
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 01:10

i'd like to add this as well...

1. take a sec to look at your RB's strengths. you may be trucking with someone you should be juking with.

2. get use to not holding the speed burst too soon. defenders tend to come off blocks sooner when you're holding speed burst, almost like they assume you're making a break. plus you tend to out run your blockers.

3. after making contact with a defender, 'direct your fall', meaning...

a.) if you're running to the right and start to get tackled, juke left to fall foward.
b.) if you get tackled from behind, stiff arm for extra yards.
c.) if you meet someone head up, truck or spin to fall forward.

doing this can give you anywhere from 1-3 extra yards on top of what you've already gained. which can add up a lot and let you convert important 1st downs.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 02:00

Your Center Jeff Saturday is the best in the business. On his right is Mike Pollack your second best run blocker other than Jeff. This is statistically the best place to run.

Tony Ugoh is also a good run blocker. The goaline formation, normal package puts Ugoh in the sub TE spot,.and Gijon Robinson can also block OK. HB Dive, and Iso run in that A gap and flip the FB Dive and it runs in that A Gap. Practice the motion of Ugoh across the line and into that A Gap and you WILL be successful.

According to the stats on the player detail page these are your best run plays and best run gap.

Once you get a good feel for it you can read the blitzes and motion Ugoh into those gaps to pick up blitzers. But generally just stuff the whole play and everybody into that A Gap and follow them through. Follow them through and look for daylight only when you are on the other side.

CapnCrunch
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 04:20

Man, I just played a couple games with the Colts on allmadden. And I can see exactly what you are saying. In the run game the o-line cannot hold a block. I played against Washington and Haynesworth was a beast and I played a division rival the Texans and the linebackers were very quick to the ball. I still managed a couple victories and over 100 yds rushing both games. Bui7t it was tough. Joseph Addai averages 3.1 per and D. Brown averaged 4.9 per.

Frankly Addai just sucks breaking tackles, I had better luck using him on outside runs and pitches and using Brown for inside and of course FB Robinson for 3 and short etc..

I also noticed the dal playbook took advantage of Clark better, imho.
CapnCrunch
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 12:57

I got the same problem. I can't run to save my life. Maybe I'm pressing the turbo right away when I get the ball? Seems like my blockers don't block at all no matter which running back I use
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-16, 13:26

Falcon_Fan727 wrote:
LEONARD wrote:
thanks i apreciate it

well if u use barber for power runs and jones for toss's .. cant ur opp jus see which rb is on the field and he will know if u r running a power or a toss?

That's exactly why you mix it up. I'll use Chris Johnson and LenDale White for the same plays, even sweeps. I'll sometimes motion a receiver away from the run to throw the D off. I'll have both of them in the backfield at times. I throw the ball to them too.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty2009-10-17, 10:28

Dude, check it out. I went to youtube and searched. Madden-School. There was a HB Toss there and the first thing I thought about was Adai. So I played a few games and used Brown for inside runs in the A Gap and Addai on HB Toss on the side with the worst OLB. I played all the Colts divisional rivals and racked up over 100 yds with addai every time plus around 75 with Brown. Against the Jags Addai had 4 TDs and 237 yds. Try it out.

Also there is only one Pitch or Toss in the philly playbook. I used the the dallas playbook it has many different tosses. So you can tighten it up as you get closer to the goalline.

BTW - Madden-School rocks, check it out on youtube

CapnCrunch

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-10-17, 10:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

running game Empty
PostSubject: Re: running game   running game Empty

Back to top Go down

running game
Page 1 of 1