Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running game with the Saints?

Go down 
+6
angryman
super_mario90
taurasd
EccentricMeat
Crunk
ThatGuyCruise
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuyCruise
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Running game with the Saints? Empty
PostSubject: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-09-18, 01:47

I can't run at all. Every now and then I can get 4-5 yards, but nothing consistently. Any tips? I always run with the Saints. It always seems like one of the D-lineman nabs me at the line of scrimmage, and I mean always.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-09-18, 02:00

Pitchs and Power O's are the best runs for me this year. Reggie on pitches/tosses and Thomas on inside runs. Mix in good middle and outside runs out the same formation would help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
EccentricMeat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-09-18, 22:46

The best advice is to not sprint until you see or are at the hole. When you sprint, your blockers go retarded and the D breaks off their blocks. Do stretch plays as they are the best runs in the game. While the QB is waiting to hand it to you RB, read the D, watch the linebackers to see where they are going to pursue, and watch your linemen. If someone gets through before or when you get the ball, you have to sprint just to get 0 or barely any positive yards. If no one breaks through the line, don't sprint until either:

A: You are at the edge.

B: You have started toward the hole (burst through the hole).

C: Someone breaks off one of the tackles or guards just after you get the ball. If the OLB breaks off the tackles block to the outside, cut inside where the tackle was at. If a LB or DT breaks off the guards block, either sprint to break it to the outside or to cut between the guard and tackle.

Also, don't always use Bush for outside runs and Thomas for inside runs. Your opponent will catch on and will shift to the outside for Bush and inside for Thomas. If you see your opponent over-commiting to one side, use a counter play. You could put it in your audibles if you use a scheme, or just pick a counter play, see if the D adjusts to the strong side, and either run the counter or formation audible to a different run play.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
taurasd
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-04, 15:32

If u want a great running game then u have to put Reggie Bush as your 3RDB and Main HB. Also put Bush and Henderson as kick returners. I used to be a bad runner until I found out these great running plays for Reggie Bush. I'd recomend u use all the Power O plays for Inside Run. Use HB Toss strong for the pitch plays. Use HB Stretch with 2 blockers lined up on the right side and 1 on the left. Another extra tip is utilzing screen passes to Reggie Bush, because he is the 2nd fastest HB in the Game behind Chris Johnson. Throwing the ball to Bush will help u.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-05, 03:37

HAHAHAHAHA running game with the saints don't make me laugh u can't run with them my advice if your gonna try to run don't f*ck with reggie he's not a real RB he's not gonna pick up tuff yrds or any type of good yrds maybe 3 yrds at the most if u wanna have success use pierre better runner and get's tuff yrds when needed bush is good only on passing plays like screens,swing routes. and special teams

he has never had a good season rushing. and on the game he's kinda a better runner than in real life lol incase u have never seen him run in a real football game he's not very good (but i will say this he is a playmaker in the passing game)
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-05, 03:55

oh yeah i forgot to say sometimes when u got a RB thats not ranked very high u don't even have to blitz to stop them every once in a while i'll play against the saints and dude's try and use him i just stay in zone and show blitz cuz i know he ain't gonna run over nobody he's to soft on the game and not very tuff as a RB almost every RB is better than reggie for exsample steve slaton as a rookie had a higher rating than bush lol (AS A ROOKIE!!!! A ROOKIE!!!!)

it's hard running with bush good luck idk if any one ever astablished a good running game with him really all i know is he's not very hard 2 stop on passing downs he's good but on running downs don't count on him

maybe if u go against someone that has a bad D he'll be ok lol but if u run good with him i'll be impressed
Back to top Go down
angryman
New MS Member
New MS Member
angryman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-05, 17:23

i run wit the saints, and i can get good yards wit reggie. my main back is thomas tho. the trick to running w/ the saints is to confuse the f**k outta your opponent. most people use reggie comming outta the back to catch so if u see your opponent playing the pass audible to a strong toss and motion a wr to help out on blocking. easy yards.
for thomas any play will work, dude is a beast in training. also try using a dual hb package, it'll keep your man guessing as to what you wanna do, fb run, hb run, play action, or quick passes. hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
BOYWONDER
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-05, 22:13

Ok heres the thing about the saints let reggie bush ruturn everything, the most effective run i have found is go to play type,go to runs,go to inside runs,then go down three plays flip it then pick the middle play the whole will open and reggie normally has the safty or a line backer to beat for the score. the only problem ive ran into online is he tends to get hitsticked and hurt very easily and thomas speed is only 87 i think, so mix in some screens jet sweeps and passing routes and watch out for hit sticks
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-05, 22:48

i would come out in shotgun sets with like 4WR and the HB of your choice. run some pass plays to hopefully get your opponent into a zone. then, bust them with the draw play. i have won so many games on late drives because of this. when i go into no huddle for the GWTD, i'll consistently pass. then, hit them with the draw. it can work really well with a fast back like bush (i killed my opponent using it with sproles). i did use it to some success with jacobs, but not nearly as much. be sure to follow your blockers. also, maybe go with a tight flex formation, the WRs can lay down some pretty good blocks.
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-08, 08:31

Ok I play with the saints. Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell are my undercenter backs, and Reggie is my shotgun backs. Thomas is a beast, and Bell never goes down on the first hit. Look at the hb stretch plays in the i-forms and the off tackle in the strong tight
Back to top Go down
ThatGuyCruise
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-08, 23:44

Thanks for all your help guys. I've tried a little bit of everything. I've had some success using the singleback y-trips formation. I found a good mix of running and passing plays. Also, it's got 3 receivers so it's keeping the defenses honest against me. I'm trying to find some good I-formation passing plays, to help my running game. I appreciate all your help guys.
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-09, 08:53

Look at I form weak, has some good passing plays and the HB stretch is a killer against man defenses and blitzes. Also the I form normal stretch and Strong Close Hb Off Tackle are nano-killers
Back to top Go down
C6xtacy
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty2009-10-09, 09:49

I don't remember who I went against yesterday, but he had a pretty good running game with the Saints. Fortunately for me, he completely abandoned his passing, eventually making exactly where he was going with his running game very predictable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running game with the Saints?   Running game with the Saints? Empty

Back to top Go down

Running game with the Saints?
Page 1 of 1