Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

PS3 online league

Go down 
+13
SuprmnxXx
BoSpOrTsFaN
FEDXAP28
dirty-mullet
SwEeTnEsS
BIGMOE
xXBlackiceXx
Cowboys101
txboy05
Shadelon
bigbuddah
Fudgy
Modrewgnu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What type of League do you want?
random teams
PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg20%PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg
 20% [ 6 ]
live team draft
PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg53%PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg
 53% [ 16 ]
fantasy draft
PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg27%PS3 online league - Page 2 Back_catg
 27% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-11, 17:10

HELL YEAH DATS AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-11, 21:41

I'll joing. Hit me up at soxpats2428.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 17:21

teams posted:

Modrewgnu- jags

Suprmnxxx- cowboys

Sweetness- Chargers

BLKice- bears

Fudgy- eagles

Bryan- Patriots

Bigmoe- colts

Shadelon- seahawks

Cowboys101- ????? never got list in

Txboy- Saints

Bigbuddah- Steelers

Dirty-mullet- Giants

Fedexap28- vikings
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 17:25

nice nice...we should get everyones friend invites so we can do wat eva we need to do
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 18:29

on another thread you should post everyone on this leagues names for madden and stuff. when will it start too. you should give us a couple weeks of practice first.

I still haven't gotton the game but i should get it this week.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 18:33

it will start in around a week, will keep you guys posted
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 21:09

Important:

what type of settings do you guys want?
games (1-11)
quarter length?
skill level?
fatigue (yes/no)
injuries (yes/no)
i assume everyone wants playoffs
random weather? (yes/no)
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 21:23

yes fatigue
Yes injuries
yes weather
yes playoffs
skill lever 3
4 or 5 min quarters
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 21:48

i agree with dirty mullet on those settings.
Back to top Go down
Cowboys101
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Cowboys101

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 22:00

Everything that Mullet said, exept do 3 minutes quarters
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2046819
txboy05
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 22:04

11 GAMES
5 MIN QUARTERS
EVERYTHING ELSE YES...

WAT THAT MEAN MY SKILL LEVEL
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 22:06

skill level is like all pro or all madden, etc.
Back to top Go down
Cowboys101
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Cowboys101

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 22:06

txboy05 wrote:
11 GAMES
5 MIN QUARTERS
EVERYTHING ELSE YES...

WAT THAT MEAN MY SKILL LEVEL

Mod said its like all pro, all madden...3 is all pro

Do all madden
Back to top Go down
Shadelon
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shadelon

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 22:48

games (1-11) - 1 or 2, Maybe 3.
quarter length? - 5 minuntes
skill level? - Any. I'm only skill level 1 lol. -.-
fatigue (yes/no) - Yes
injuries (yes/no) - Yes
i assume everyone wants playoffs - Right on the nose. You win a prize.
random weather? (yes/no) - Yes
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 23:01

i take it these game are unranked. Right???
Back to top Go down
Shadelon
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shadelon

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-13, 23:17

Not sure, Bryan, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-14, 07:57

my bad, i thought if we are setting the settings then they must be but they are the league rules.

We should make a mercy rule or something.
Back to top Go down
Cowboys101
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Cowboys101

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-14, 14:35

Bryan wrote:
i take it these game are unranked. Right???

unranked would be best
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-14, 16:32

Madden 09 Online League Impressions

August 7, 2008

PS3 online league - Page 2 Madden090807
The first thing I wanted to delve into after getting Madden 09 was an area of the game that hadn’t been previewed first hand and that is the addition of online leagues. We had details on how it would work but it is always better to do a real run through of a feature, especially when it relates to online play. So I spent part of the evening along with Fred from SportsGamer to try everything out.
Ultimately this online league system is not going to be sufficient for anyone running a serious league. It was clearly intended more for those who join random leagues and probably don’t end up completing a full season. Continue on to view screenshots of the league menus and information on what the online league feature offers.

If you decide to be the league commish (that role can be passed on to someone else later) then you’ll be setting up the league. When creating a league a number of options are presented.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Createleague1

PS3 online league - Page 2 Createleague2

PS3 online league - Page 2 Joinleague
The number of users for a league is anywhere from 2 to 32. Since there are no divisions it can be any number of teams. This isn’t an online franchise so only user controlled teams take part.
The number of games to choose from is 1,3 5, 7, 9 and 11. This signifies the number of times a team will take on each opponent. For example an 11 game season for a league that has 10 teams would result in each user committing to 99 games in total. I had to double check this because that seemed ridiculous that a league could potentially be set up for 341 games (31 opposing teams @ 11 games) but that is how it is described. “Enter the number of games to play against each league member”. So a full league of 32 users would at minimum require each one to play 32 games.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Myleagues

PS3 online league - Page 2 League1
If you enable “unique rosters” then you have the option of having a draft and trades. The fantasy draft is not a true selection process instead it is an auto draft. You can set your draft list and priorities but ultimately the CPU will be conducting the draft. Player trades are always one for one (though you could agree to more and go through multiple steps to complete a bigger deal). Setting it to “restricted” means that they must be done within teams that have played the same number of games, while “simple” appears to allow them at any time. Leaving unique rosters off means that there could be multiple of the same team used and there will be no player movement (draft or trades) allowed.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Draftplayerranking

PS3 online league - Page 2 Draftpositionranking
As mentioned in the news on the first patch coming for the game the default quarter length is being changed to 5 minutes. Right now it defaults to 1 minute which most everyone would be changing.
Game skill level lets you choose from Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, and All-Madden. Fatigue and injuries can be turned on, and random weather is available. I did not find anywhere to set custom league sliders.
Basically all you have to do to get a game in is find someone who is online from the league, that you still have open games against, and challenge them to a league game. The person who challenges will be the home team.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Leaguestandings
After having completed a game we returned to the league area to see what would be displayed. The most important thing to mention is that there are no player stats. That right there is probably all many of you need to know. You can view someone’s online player card and their personal stats but no where are the league stats for players or even teams. All that is seen are the final scores, points for and against, and record against opponents.
In the comments some people have suggested that possibly unique rosters have to be set to yes in order to have player stats. This is something we’ll have to look into. Even if true, the default when setting up a league is no to unique rosters, and if Fred and I struggle to figure this out I don’t feel good about the possibility that the general consumer using leagues will know that is necessary in order to have them. After setting up a league with unique rosters on there is still no section to view stats, though I suppose it may be that it is added after a game is played. We should be able to check for this tonight.
Update: Player stats are in fact tracked when unique rosters are turned on.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Recentseasongames
The GM options are relatively limited. Changing the password, adding news, changing the trophy/logo, ending the league, and completing the draft and trades if applicable. As far as I’ve seen there is no way to change or erase results.

PS3 online league - Page 2 Gmoptions
The playoffs are based on seeding as there are no divisions or conferences. I’m unsure as to how many teams are determined to take part in the playoffs as there is no option for setting that.
The only redeeming quality of the leagues is that you can set your depth chart and it loads up for the league games. Given how EA inexplicably hasn’t given that ability to the standard online games it is a nice thing to have here.
The lack of a web accessible component is also a big deal. Originally there was supposed to be one through EA Sports World. That may come in the near future as NCAA is getting the Online Dynasties viewable on EASW in the second patch. Though for the Madden leagues without details such as player ratings I’m not sure how much value people would find in browsing the latest happenings in a league other than checking records/results.
General online play impressions are to come this weekend but I’ve noticed a few things already in the short time I’ve been playing that I’m hoping will be addressed at some point.
As with the NHL 08 and NBA Live 08 league systems this turns out to be more of a glorified tournament or competition rather than an actual league feature. The addition of the playoffs does make it a more viable option though compared to those from last year. For people who just want to jump into an open competition with little organziation or planning it can make sense to utilize this feature. But for anyone who is running a serious league they’ll need to continue playing standard online games and using a third-party service to keep track of it.

Filed Under: Madden
Tagged:

Maybe! we should just use the orignail rosters of each team.... just a thought.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-16, 11:34

Lets get in started. i'm pumped.
Back to top Go down
Shadelon
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shadelon

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-16, 18:44

I sure hope everyone has headsets, cause I HATE playing against people who don't have headsets. >.>
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-16, 18:45

i dont usually use my headset in madden but i will in this league.

P.S. I might scream if i get mad and start swearing. haha.

Last time i plyed with the headset i didn't get mad so mabe its a good strategy.
Back to top Go down
Shadelon
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shadelon

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-16, 18:47

I prefer playing with headset. I don't like playing against an opponent who doesn't talk.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-16, 18:52

i don't talk much when i play. i got a headset but i may not use it. you will just have to deal with it. Basketball
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty2008-08-24, 18:18

i'm ready for this. i'm so eager to play in this league. LETS GO. haha. How many people do we have for this.

Lets get it going ASAP please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 online league   PS3 online league - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 online league
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next