Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Saints Defense Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
taurasd
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Saints Defense Help Empty
PostSubject: Saints Defense Help   Saints Defense Help Empty2009-10-04, 15:41

I used to use to Colts until I started sucking with them and now I use the Saints.. I don't know witch defensive playbook I should use and what plays I should do. Also, any great defense out of any defensive playbook. Anything to stop my opponent.
Back to top Go down
halljam
New MS Member
New MS Member
halljam

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Saints Defense Help   Saints Defense Help Empty2009-10-05, 05:07

Since your the saints. You only have one good Lb and the rest are just oridinary... the 3-4 is the best overall defense in madden so i would play NYJ def... It has 1-5-5, Odd Split, 4-6 it has it all....

Saints set up

Dline GRANT< ELLIS< SMITH

I would start by putting Vilma at LOLB (most people run to the right of the screen it helps to have your best lb over there. Put Fujita at ROLB then in the middle put Semineau and Castillas (he as 87 speed and the IMLB is usually your blitz guy so speed is necessary.

The secondary can be done in numerous ways... If you play FS like most people then your #2 CB should be fast or good at zone because you will gamble with FS so #2 should cover your ass.. I would put porter at CB#2 and Jenkins at #1 (hes a press machine and he can help on the run.....

FS i would put the fastest guy possible your FS will need to make plays with his feet and hands.. I would put usama young 89 speed...

SS you put sharper hes a ball hawk and in real life a MVP candidate also he has the most ints for any active player in the league (madden update should be beastly).
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Saints Defense Help   Saints Defense Help Empty2009-10-05, 08:04

Thats funny cuz I played with the saints everytime until recently when I switched to the colts
or you could leave it how it is and run a 4-3 bend but dont break offense and just out score the other guy. With the saints the best defense is a good offense, trust me.
Back to top Go down
angryman
New MS Member
New MS Member
angryman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Saints Defense Help   Saints Defense Help Empty2009-10-05, 17:03

I've been using the saints 4-3 for a couple of months now, and like miked152 said you're gonna have to play a passive type of d. But, if you want to add pressure then i've found success usering grant and smith at the de to pass rush the qb. Vilma is extremely underrated at mlb, he does well in zones and rushing. And like halljam said if you user the safety go for sharper, and get a couple pick 6's.
the key for me has usually been zone blitzes and corner blitzes, the corners are pretty quick to the qb. hope that helps some
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Defense Help   Saints Defense Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Saints Defense Help
Page 1 of 1