Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Blockin a field goal?

Go down 
+12
thedream516
Skane3
RandyMoss_Rko
Oldstalecheetos
Big Hungry 702
ckduble2
Cadiz215
roryaiks92
360madden
iGeT MoNeY
jsmall28
XxGamerJunkiexX
16 posters
AuthorMessage
XxGamerJunkiexX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Blockin a field goal? Empty
PostSubject: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 01:49

I tried using punt block, but the game is unrealistic so it doesn't work. By unrealistic i mean before the kickers foot gets to the ball it's already in mid air so basically it's hard as hell for your CBs to get in there...
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 02:35

you're not supposed to be able to block kicks easily. you don't see an NFL team go into their punt block formation and bring the returner up to block the kick, do you? it's very rare to see a blocked FG, and for a reason. it's rare in the NFL!!!!
Back to top Go down
iGeT MoNeY
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
iGeT MoNeY

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 02:36

seriously i mean its supposed to be hard
Back to top Go down
XxGamerJunkiexX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 13:12

Well footballs arent supposed to go into the air before the kicker gets his foot into either, but that's how it goes in the game, fight bullshit with bullshit.
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 14:08

Is this a coincidence or what? got a field goal block video on irs way, just gotta finish uploading to youtube so i can post it here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 14:15

yeah i was playin this guy and he was blocking my PAT and my field goals. It was gettin really annoying
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-13, 14:47

XxGamerJunkiexX wrote:
I tried using punt block, but the game is unrealistic so it doesn't work. By unrealistic i mean before the kickers foot gets to the ball it's already in mid air so basically it's hard as hell for your CBs to get in there...

Field Goal Block Video
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
Cadiz215
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Cadiz215

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2009-09-14, 13:39

Good video 360. I love the stuff you put on youtube, I'm a big fan.
Back to top Go down
ckduble2
New MS Member
New MS Member
ckduble2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-14, 20:12

check it , its not has hard as u think some dude i played last night Ate me up on fg blocks he used punt block came off the outside cliked to his DE to pik the out side blocker off so his fast corner ran right into the holder every time i didnt have a chance. I will figure it out but i wanted to put it out here maybe someone knows how to perform this s*** ,i have blocked plenty right up the middle and using punt block on a bad snap u can get to the holder sometimes
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-14, 20:20

hmmm... all the while i've been taking that back guy and putting him on the right side of the nose tackle, now it makes sense basically it's a "nano" if you will. thx for the video
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 07:04

360madden wrote:
XxGamerJunkiexX wrote:

Field Goal Block Video

like always, great post
Back to top Go down
RandyMoss_Rko
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 08:01

360madden wrote:
XxGamerJunkiexX wrote:

Field Goal Block Video

Great post
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 11:57

Punt Block works for me at times. Just move the edge players around and at time the O-lineman wil do the job for you and run into the kicker.. FG block is too. I also blocked it from goaline b4 and 155
Back to top Go down
thedream516
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 14:17

come out in FG block, put your returner in the A gap (infront of the MLB) when the ball is hiked, rush with the returner, then once the returner hits a linemen press B to toggle to the MLB hold Speed burst then hit Y
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 17:34

thedream516 wrote:
come out in FG block, put your returner in the A gap (infront of the MLB) when the ball is hiked, rush with the returner, then once the returner hits a linemen press B to toggle to the MLB hold Speed burst then hit Y
bascially what he did in the video.. which can be stopped. u can reset or just slide protection.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 17:55

Here's my favorite FG Block:

Come out in PUNT Block
Select the 4th guy on the left
Move him 2-3 yards outside the furthest man on the left
Manually rush him straight down
One of the guards should run backwards with you. The kicker will kick it right into the guard's hands.
I'll try to make a vid
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-15, 18:06

to pinch the line on FG press, square + L2 + L2 + down on the D-pad as fast as you can, thats what i do when people try to come up the gut it gets a bit harder to defend when they come off the edges in punt block, if thats the case i usually just start going for two, but thought this might help some guys out.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-16, 01:52

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
to pinch the line on FG press, square + L2 + L2 + down on the D-pad as fast as you can, thats what i do when people try to come up the gut it gets a bit harder to defend when they come off the edges in punt block, if thats the case i usually just start going for two, but thought this might help some guys out.
I actually use this a lot against people who come out in FG Block and try to place a man in the gap over the guard. Works like a charm. But youre right, youre better off not pinching the line at all if they come out in punt block.
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-16, 20:55

Nice
Back to top Go down
ezell420
New MS Member
New MS Member
ezell420

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty2010-05-16, 21:30

if they go punt block i just go for 2 every time no matter what the score is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blockin a field goal?   Blockin a field goal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blockin a field goal?
Page 1 of 1